|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
2. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) fat and sagging
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
3. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) be a parasite upon them
(b) defeat the weak among his own people.
(c) prove his worth to the white men.
(d) defend the queen.
4. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(b) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(c) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
(d) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Rise from a chair
(b) Decide court cases
(c) Acquire merit
(d) Prepare his own food
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
2. Where and when does the story take place?
3. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
4. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
5. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)