|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
(a) He says Ma Hla May is the jealous type.
(b) He says Ma Hla May is Ko S'la's wife.
(c) He says Ma Hla May is the laundress.
(d) He says Ma Hla May is a boy.
2. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
(b) He hates Burma.
(c) He could not function without his servants.
(d) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
3. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
(a) He feels Veraswami should be punished.
(b) He does not have the courage to refuse.
(c) He agrees with Ellis after all.
(d) He does not want natives admitted to the club.
4. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He prepares his household for the day.
(b) He writes letters to his enemies.
(c) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
(d) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(b) drink before sunset.
(c) like Ellis.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
2. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
3. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)