|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) thin and gaunt
(b) rotting from within, like old fruit
(c) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(d) fat and sagging
2. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(b) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(c) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
3. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(b) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
(c) Old Mattu, the beggar
4. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The London Times.
(b) The Burmese Patriot.
(c) The Rangoon Gazette.
(d) The New York Times.
5. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a golf course outside of town.
(b) a pillared building in the center of town.
(c) a grand estate.
(d) a four-room wooden building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ko S'la is __________________.
2. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
3. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
4. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
5. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)