|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
2. How does MacGregor start his day?
(a) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(b) He does exercises at home then takes a brisk walk.
(c) He investigates any leftover business from the day before.
(d) He forces the other men to do calisthenics.
3. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
(b) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(c) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(d) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
4. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(b) someone to fight Ellis.
(c) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(d) someone with whom he can share his life.
5. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) he feels angry.
(b) he is attracted to a woman.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) someone wants to touch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
2. How does Flory start his day?
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)