|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(b) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(c) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
(d) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
2. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(b) wear her sandals in the house.
(c) come in for tea but not for other meals.
(d) join Flory for all his meals.
3. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(b) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(c) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(d) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
4. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Moral failings
(b) Unfortunate episodes
(c) Dark spells
(d) Formative periods
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of choice.
(b) freedom of religion.
(c) freedom of speech.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
2. Ba Taik is ___________
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
4. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)