|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(c) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(d) a mixture of love and respect.
2. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A birthmark on his face
(d) A mole on his face
3. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(b) like Ellis.
(c) drink before sunset.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
4. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Prepare his own food
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Decide court cases
(d) Rise from a chair
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) drive him away from the Club.
(d) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
2. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
5. The Club is ______________________.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)