|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) someone wants to touch him.
(b) he feels angry.
(c) he is attracted to a woman.
(d) he feels ashamed of himself.
2. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
(a) his parents brought him over on vacation.
(b) his parents demanded he get a job or leave the house.
(c) his parents believed he could not survive in England.
(d) his parents bought him a position at a firm.
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Prepare his own food
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Rise from a chair
(d) Decide court cases
4. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(c) Old Mattu, the beggar
(d) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of choice.
(b) freedom of religion.
(c) freedom of speech.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
2. How does Flory start his day?
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)