|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) an unfortunate necessity.
(b) an unwelcome presence.
(c) a pox.
(d) a civilizing presence.
2. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(b) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(c) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
(d) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
3. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
(a) A dip in the pond
(b) A burst of sunshine
(c) A cool breeze
(d) A walk in the woods
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
(a) Flory is welcomed and respected by Veraswami.
(b) Flory is resented but tolerated.
(c) Flory is treated as an intruder in Veraswami's personal life.
(d) Flory is welcomed, but only because he is beneficial to Veraswami's goals.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her servants
(b) her drink
(c) her wardrobe
(d) her husband's job
Short Answer Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
3. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
4. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
5. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)