|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(b) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(c) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(d) she reveals that she is lonely.
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(b) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
(c) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(d) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
3. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) he feels angry.
(b) he is attracted to a woman.
(c) someone wants to touch him.
(d) he feels ashamed of himself.
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(b) The English
(c) The Burmese Natives
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The oppressive heat
(b) The wind and cold
(c) The monsoon season
(d) The muddy roads
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
2. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)