|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Decide court cases
(b) Prepare his own food
(c) Acquire merit
(d) Rise from a chair
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in power.
(b) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(c) Happiness comes from the heart.
(d) Happiness is not in money.
3. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Acquire more merit
(b) Make more money
(c) Buy more merit.
(d) Destroy his enemies
4. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Unfortunate episodes
(b) Formative periods
(c) Dark spells
(d) Moral failings
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(b) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(c) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
(d) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)