|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
(a) his parents brought him over on vacation.
(b) his parents believed he could not survive in England.
(c) his parents bought him a position at a firm.
(d) his parents demanded he get a job or leave the house.
2. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a liar and a boxer.
(b) a friend to the unfortunate.
(c) a traveller and a salesman.
(d) a liar and a footballer.
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A birthmark on his face
(c) A mole on his face
(d) A scar on his face
4. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(b) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(c) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
5. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
2. Ko S'la is __________________.
3. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
4. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
5. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)