|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) The savage doctor
(b) Very savvy
(c) Very slimy
(d) That Indian
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a railway terminus.
(b) It has a social club.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It is bigger than other towns.
3. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Acquire more merit
(b) Destroy his enemies
(c) Make more money
(d) Buy more merit.
4. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) prove his worth to the white men.
(b) be a parasite upon them
(c) defend the queen.
(d) defeat the weak among his own people.
5. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(b) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(c) someone to fight Ellis.
(d) someone with whom he can share his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
3. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
4. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)