|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(b) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(c) a mixture of love and respect.
(d) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
2. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) fat and sagging
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
3. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) he feels ashamed of himself.
(b) he is attracted to a woman.
(c) he feels angry.
(d) someone wants to touch him.
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beyond his status level.
(b) an animal is beneath contempt.
(c) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(d) a woman is beyond his status level.
5. Ko S'la is __________________.
(a) Flory's mistress.
(b) Flory's servant.
(c) Flory's best friend.
(d) Flory's cook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
4. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
5. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)