|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to fight Ellis.
(b) someone with whom he can share his life.
(c) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(d) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) drive him away from the Club.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(d) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a social club.
(b) It is hotter than other towns.
(c) It is bigger than other towns.
(d) It has a railway terminus.
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) jaded and resentful of the English.
(b) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(c) homesick for England.
(d) tired of the Burmese.
5. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
2. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
3. Ko S'la is __________________.
4. Who is Flo?
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)