|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(b) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(c) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
(d) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
2. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Prepare his own food
(b) Decide court cases
(c) Acquire merit
(d) Rise from a chair
3. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) U Po Kyin
(b) Ma Kin
(c) Ba Taik
(d) Ko Ba Sein
4. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Misunderstood genius
(b) Local pariah
(c) Spineless cur
(d) Lord of all he surveys
5. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
2. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
4. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
5. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)