|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(b) Old Mattu, the beggar
(d) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
2. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(b) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(c) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(d) she reveals that she is lonely.
3. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
(b) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
(c) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(d) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
4. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) The savage doctor
(b) Very savvy
(c) That Indian
(d) Very slimy
5. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(b) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(c) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(d) His family has disowned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
2. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
5. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)