|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) an unwelcome presence.
(b) an unfortunate necessity.
(c) a pox.
(d) a civilizing presence.
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
3. How does MacGregor start his day?
(a) He does exercises at home then takes a brisk walk.
(b) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(c) He investigates any leftover business from the day before.
(d) He forces the other men to do calisthenics.
4. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(b) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(c) U Po Kyin's wife.
(d) U Po Kyin's son.
5. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) That Indian
(b) Very savvy
(c) Very slimy
(d) The savage doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
2. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
3. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)