|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) his dog needs to go out.
(b) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he is late for a date with his mistress.
2. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
(b) He could not function without his servants.
(c) He hates Burma.
(d) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
3. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(b) she reveals that she is lonely.
(c) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(d) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
4. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(b) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(c) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(d) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) ungrateful to the English.
(b) afraid of offending the English.
(c) planning to overthrow the English.
(d) too submissive to the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
2. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
3. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
5. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)