|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(b) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(c) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
2. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The London Times.
(b) The Burmese Patriot.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Rangoon Gazette.
3. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(d) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) swift, passionate and enormous.
(b) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(c) short, light and fresh.
(d) sparse, lonely and bland.
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) like Ellis.
(d) drink before sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
2. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
3. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
4. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
5. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)