|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
(b) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(c) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(d) she reveals that she is lonely.
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) drink before sunset.
(b) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) like Ellis.
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
(b) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(c) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
(d) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
4. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' drunkenness.
(b) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(c) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(d) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness comes from the heart.
(b) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(c) Happiness is not in money.
(d) Happiness is not in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
2. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
3. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
4. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
5. How does Flory start his day?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)