|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
(a) She screams when she is frightened by a water buffalo.
(b) She runs to him for rescue from the natives.
(c) She faints from the heat on his doorstep.
(d) She screams when she is frightened by Ko S'la.
2. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her drink
(b) her wardrobe
(c) her servants
(d) her husband's job
3. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) ungrateful to the English.
(b) too submissive to the English.
(c) planning to overthrow the English.
(d) afraid of offending the English.
4. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Make more money
(b) Acquire more merit
(c) Destroy his enemies
(d) Buy more merit.
5. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(b) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(c) Flory's health.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
4. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
5. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)