|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(b) she will make him leave immediately.
(c) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
2. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's son.
(b) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(c) U Po Kyin's wife.
(d) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
3. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(b) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
5. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
5. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)