|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) Old Mattu, the beggar
(d) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
2. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
(a) He says Ma Hla May is the laundress.
(b) He says Ma Hla May is a boy.
(c) He says Ma Hla May is the jealous type.
(d) He says Ma Hla May is Ko S'la's wife.
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) fat and sagging
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
4. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
(b) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(c) Flory's health.
(d) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
5. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(b) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(c) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
(d) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
2. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
3. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
5. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)