|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(b) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(c) she will make him leave immediately.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
2. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(d) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
3. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ko Ba Sein
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Ma Kin
(d) Ba Taik
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) too submissive to the English.
(b) ungrateful to the English.
(c) planning to overthrow the English.
(d) afraid of offending the English.
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(b) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(c) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
2. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
3. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
5. The Club is ______________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)