|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1925
(b) In Burma, April of 1825
(c) In England, April of 1825
(d) In England, April of 1925
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
(c) Old Mattu, the beggar
4. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's son.
(b) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(c) U Po Kyin's wife.
(d) U Po Kyin's deputy.
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(b) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
(c) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(d) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
2. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
3. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
4. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)