|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a pillared building in the center of town.
(b) a golf course outside of town.
(c) a four-room wooden building.
(d) a grand estate.
2. Ko S'la is __________________.
(a) Flory's cook.
(b) Flory's servant.
(c) Flory's mistress.
(d) Flory's best friend.
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) fat and sagging
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(b) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(b) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(c) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(d) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
5. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)