|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(b) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(c) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(d) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
2. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(c) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(d) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
4. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(b) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) jaded and resentful of the English.
(b) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(c) tired of the Burmese.
(d) homesick for England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
2. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
4. Where and when does the story take place?
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)