|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(b) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Mrs. Lackersteen
4. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) someone wants to touch him.
(b) he feels angry.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) he is attracted to a woman.
5. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very savvy
(b) The savage doctor
(c) That Indian
(d) Very slimy
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
2. Who is Flo?
3. Where and when does the story take place?
4. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
5. Ko S'la is __________________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)