|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(b) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(c) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
3. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Destroy his enemies
(b) Acquire more merit
(c) Make more money
(d) Buy more merit.
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) prove his worth to the white men.
(b) defend the queen.
(c) defeat the weak among his own people.
(d) be a parasite upon them
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
3. Who is Flo?
4. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
5. The Club is ______________________.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)