|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(b) swift, passionate and enormous.
(c) short, light and fresh.
(d) sparse, lonely and bland.
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(c) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(d) a mixture of love and respect.
3. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(b) Taking in a local pregnant girl
(c) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
(d) Honoring his wife.
4. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(b) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
(c) Old Mattu, the beggar
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(d) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
2. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
3. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
5. Who is Flo?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)