|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Destroy his enemies
(b) Acquire more merit
(c) Buy more merit.
(d) Make more money
2. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(b) tired of the Burmese.
(c) jaded and resentful of the English.
(d) homesick for England.
3. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's son.
(b) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(c) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(d) U Po Kyin's wife.
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beneath contempt.
(b) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(c) an animal is beyond his status level.
(d) a woman is beyond his status level.
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he is late for a date with his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. Who objects to scandal among the men?
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)