|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her husband's job
(b) her wardrobe
(c) her drink
(d) her servants
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(b) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(c) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(d) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of love and respect.
(b) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(c) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(d) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(b) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
5. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ba Taik
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Ko Ba Sein
(d) Ma Kin
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
2. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
3. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
5. The Club is ______________________.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)