|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(b) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(c) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
2. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) an unwelcome presence.
(b) a civilizing presence.
(c) a pox.
(d) an unfortunate necessity.
3. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
(a) Flory is resented but tolerated.
(b) Flory is welcomed, but only because he is beneficial to Veraswami's goals.
(c) Flory is welcomed and respected by Veraswami.
(d) Flory is treated as an intruder in Veraswami's personal life.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(b) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
5. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(d) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
2. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
5. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)