|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) a pox.
(b) an unwelcome presence.
(c) a civilizing presence.
(d) an unfortunate necessity.
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) drive him away from the Club.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(d) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
3. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
4. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(b) Ellis' drunkenness.
(c) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(d) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(b) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(c) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
3. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
5. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)