|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
2. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(c) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(d) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
3. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a golf course outside of town.
(b) a grand estate.
(c) a four-room wooden building.
(d) a pillared building in the center of town.
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) trading jokes
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) reading up on world events
(d) arguing about sports
5. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(b) Flory's health.
(c) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
5. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)