|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
(b) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(c) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
(d) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
2. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
3. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(b) join Flory for all his meals.
(c) wear her sandals in the house.
(d) come in for tea but not for other meals.
4. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(b) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(c) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(d) Ba Taik, the servant.
5. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him stop drinking.
(b) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(c) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(d) she will make him leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
4. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
5. Ko S'la is __________________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)