|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
(b) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(c) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(d) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
2. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
(a) A patient who will not pay his bill
(b) A sick patient
(c) A pack of dogs
(d) A pox on humanity
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It has a social club.
(c) It has a railway terminus.
(d) It is hotter than other towns.
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat and sagging
(b) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) thin and gaunt
5. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) someone wants to touch him.
(b) he is attracted to a woman.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) he feels angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
2. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)