|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) The savage doctor
(b) Very slimy
(c) Very savvy
(d) That Indian
2. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
(a) Flory is welcomed, but only because he is beneficial to Veraswami's goals.
(b) Flory is treated as an intruder in Veraswami's personal life.
(c) Flory is resented but tolerated.
(d) Flory is welcomed and respected by Veraswami.
3. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness comes from the heart.
(b) Happiness is not in power.
(c) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(d) Happiness is not in money.
4. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) he is attracted to a woman.
(b) he feels angry.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) someone wants to touch him.
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(b) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
2. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
4. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
5. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)