|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(c) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is hotter than other towns.
(b) It is bigger than other towns.
(c) It has a railway terminus.
(d) It has a social club.
3. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) get as drunk as possible.
(b) hide from others.
(c) take a trip home.
(d) exercise until he sweats.
4. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him leave immediately.
(b) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(c) she will make him stop drinking.
(d) she is an irresponsible drinker.
5. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(b) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(c) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(d) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
3. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
4. Ba Taik is ___________
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)