|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beneath contempt.
(b) a woman is beyond his status level.
(c) an animal is beyond his status level.
(d) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
2. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Rise from a chair
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Decide court cases
(d) Prepare his own food
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A birthmark on his face
(c) A mole on his face
(d) A scar on his face
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) tired of the Burmese.
(b) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(c) jaded and resentful of the English.
(d) homesick for England.
5. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(b) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(c) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(d) Ellis' drunkenness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
2. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
5. Ba Taik is ___________
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)