|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his face
(b) A mole on his face
(c) A birthmark on his hand
(d) A scar on his face
2. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(b) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(c) Ellis' drunkenness.
(d) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
3. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
(a) He is jealous of her influence over Flory.
(b) He is insulted by her behavior toward him.
(c) He does not approve of a man keeping a mistress.
(d) He is jealous of Flory's success with women.
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) tired of the Burmese.
(b) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(c) homesick for England.
(d) jaded and resentful of the English.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Decide court cases
(b) Prepare his own food
(c) Acquire merit
(d) Rise from a chair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
3. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
5. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)