|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
(a) A patient who will not pay his bill
(b) A pack of dogs
(c) A pox on humanity
(d) A sick patient
2. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(b) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(c) U Po Kyin's wife.
(d) U Po Kyin's son.
3. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) someone wants to touch him.
(b) he is attracted to a woman.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) he feels angry.
4. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(b) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(c) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(d) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) drink before sunset.
(b) like Ellis.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
2. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
3. Who is Flo?
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
5. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)