|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
2. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(c) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(d) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
3. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(b) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(c) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
(d) he is too hot to do anything physical.
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It has a railway terminus.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It has a social club.
5. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's cocker spaniel
(b) Flory's assistant
(c) Flory's wife
(d) Flory's maid
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
5. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)