|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in power.
(b) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(c) Happiness comes from the heart.
(d) Happiness is not in money.
2. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
(b) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(c) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(d) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
3. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) a woman is beyond his status level.
(b) an animal is beneath contempt.
(c) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(d) an animal is beyond his status level.
4. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Acquire merit
(b) Decide court cases
(c) Rise from a chair
(d) Prepare his own food
5. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(a) U Po Kyin
(d) Mrs. Lackersteen
Short Answer Questions
1. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
2. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
3. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
5. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)