|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(b) Ellis' drunkenness.
(c) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(d) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(b) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(c) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(d) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
3. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in money.
(b) Happiness comes from the heart.
(c) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(d) Happiness is not in power.
4. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(b) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(c) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(d) Ba Taik, the servant.
5. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) an unfortunate necessity.
(b) an unwelcome presence.
(c) a pox.
(d) a civilizing presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
4. Ko S'la is __________________.
5. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)