|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a pillared building in the center of town.
(b) a grand estate.
(c) a four-room wooden building.
(d) a golf course outside of town.
2. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(b) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(c) she will make him leave immediately.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
3. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(b) Ellis' drunkenness.
(c) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(d) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
4. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) a pox.
(b) an unfortunate necessity.
(c) a civilizing presence.
(d) an unwelcome presence.
5. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(b) U Po Kyin's wife.
(c) U Po Kyin's son.
(d) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
2. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
4. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
5. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)