|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(b) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(c) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(b) Flory's health.
(c) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
(d) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A mole on his face
(b) A birthmark on his hand
(c) A birthmark on his face
(d) A scar on his face
4. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) a civilizing presence.
(b) an unfortunate necessity.
(c) a pox.
(d) an unwelcome presence.
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) drink before sunset.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(d) like Ellis.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
2. The Club is ______________________.
3. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)