|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(b) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(c) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(d) Ellis' drunkenness.
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(a) U Po Kyin
(b) Mrs. Lackersteen
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very savvy
(b) That Indian
(c) The savage doctor
(d) Very slimy
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Destroy his enemies
(b) Make more money
(c) Acquire more merit
(d) Buy more merit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
2. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
3. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
4. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)