|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1925
(b) In England, April of 1825
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(b) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(c) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
3. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(b) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(c) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(d) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) drink before sunset.
(b) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(c) like Ellis.
(d) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
5. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a social club.
(b) It is bigger than other towns.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It has a railway terminus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
2. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
5. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)