|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in money.
(b) Happiness comes from the heart.
(c) Happiness is not in power.
(d) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
2. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her husband's job
(b) her servants
(c) her wardrobe
(d) her drink
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(b) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(c) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(d) his dog needs to go out.
4. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(b) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(c) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(d) that she does not have enough bribe money.
5. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1925
(b) In Burma, April of 1925
(c) In England, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1825
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
5. Who objects to scandal among the men?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)