|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) discussing the European women in town
(b) arguing about sports
(c) trading jokes
(d) reading up on world events
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) U Po Kyin
(d) Mrs. Lackersteen
3. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(b) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(c) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(d) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
4. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(b) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(c) Ba Taik, the servant.
(d) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
5. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
2. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
4. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)