|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The Burmese Patriot.
(b) The Rangoon Gazette.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The London Times.
2. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Honoring his wife.
(b) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
(c) Taking in a local pregnant girl
(d) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
3. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(b) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(c) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
4. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) swift, passionate and enormous.
(b) sparse, lonely and bland.
(c) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(d) short, light and fresh.
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(c) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(d) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
4. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)