|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(b) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(c) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
2. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(b) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(c) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(d) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
3. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ko Ba Sein
(b) Ma Kin
(c) U Po Kyin
(d) Ba Taik
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) trading jokes
(c) arguing about sports
(d) discussing the European women in town
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(c) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
3. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
5. Where and when does the story take place?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)