|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(b) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(c) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(d) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
2. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat and sagging
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(d) rotting from within, like old fruit
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(b) she will make him stop drinking.
(c) she will make him leave immediately.
(d) she is an irresponsible drinker.
4. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The wind and cold
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The monsoon season
5. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(a) Mrs. Lackersteen
(c) U Po Kyin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
2. Where and when does the story take place?
3. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
4. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)