|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) Mrs. Lackersteen
(c) U Po Kyin
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) drive him away from the Club.
(b) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(c) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(d) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her husband's job
(b) her servants
(c) her drink
(d) her wardrobe
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) drink before sunset.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(d) like Ellis.
5. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) The savage doctor
(b) Very slimy
(c) Very savvy
(d) That Indian
Short Answer Questions
1. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
2. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
3. Who is Flo?
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)