|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a social club.
(b) It is hotter than other towns.
(c) It has a railway terminus.
(d) It is bigger than other towns.
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(b) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(c) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(d) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
3. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) be a parasite upon them
(b) defeat the weak among his own people.
(c) prove his worth to the white men.
(d) defend the queen.
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(b) a woman is beyond his status level.
(c) an animal is beneath contempt.
(d) an animal is beyond his status level.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Buy more merit.
(b) Destroy his enemies
(c) Acquire more merit
(d) Make more money
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
2. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
3. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)