|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) short, light and fresh.
(b) swift, passionate and enormous.
(c) sparse, lonely and bland.
(d) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
2. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's wife
(b) Flory's maid
(c) Flory's cocker spaniel
(d) Flory's assistant
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A birthmark on his face
(d) A mole on his face
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(b) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(c) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(d) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(b) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(c) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(d) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
2. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
3. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
4. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)