|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(b) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The wind and cold
3. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(b) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(c) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(d) Ba Taik, the servant.
4. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(b) Happiness is not in money.
(c) Happiness comes from the heart.
(d) Happiness is not in power.
5. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ma Kin
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Ba Taik
(d) Ko Ba Sein
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
2. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
4. The Club is ______________________.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)