|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(b) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
(b) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(c) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
(d) He has not broken any laws at all.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) his dog needs to go out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
2. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)