|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(b) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
(c) Ba Taik, the servant.
(d) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
2. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's cocker spaniel
(b) Flory's wife
(c) Flory's maid
(d) Flory's assistant
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) fat and sagging
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
4. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(b) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(c) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(d) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
5. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)