|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her servants
(b) her wardrobe
(c) her husband's job
(d) her drink
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The muddy roads
(b) The monsoon season
(c) The wind and cold
(d) The oppressive heat
3. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Taking in a local pregnant girl
(b) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(c) Honoring his wife.
(d) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
4. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A birthmark on his face
(d) A mole on his face
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
2. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
3. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
4. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
5. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)