|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(b) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Mrs. Lackersteen
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(b) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(c) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(d) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is hotter than other towns.
(b) It has a railway terminus.
(c) It is bigger than other towns.
(d) It has a social club.
5. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) U Po Kyin
(b) Ba Taik
(c) Ko Ba Sein
(d) Ma Kin
Short Answer Questions
1. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
3. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
4. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)