|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) defend the queen.
(b) defeat the weak among his own people.
(c) be a parasite upon them
(d) prove his worth to the white men.
2. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Acquire merit
(b) Prepare his own food
(c) Decide court cases
(d) Rise from a chair
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(b) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(c) his dog needs to go out.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(c) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
5. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) arguing about sports
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) reading up on world events
(d) trading jokes
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
3. Where and when does the story take place?
4. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
5. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)