|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her drink
(b) her husband's job
(c) her wardrobe
(d) her servants
2. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(b) Honoring his wife.
(c) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
(d) Taking in a local pregnant girl
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) arguing about sports
(d) trading jokes
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It has a social club.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It has a railway terminus.
5. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Buy more merit.
(b) Make more money
(c) Destroy his enemies
(d) Acquire more merit
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Taik is ___________
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
3. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
4. Who objects to scandal among the men?
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)