|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(b) drive him away from the Club.
(c) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(d) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
2. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Lackersteen
(c) Mr. Flory
(d) Mr. Chesterton
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) planning to overthrow the English.
(b) ungrateful to the English.
(c) afraid of offending the English.
(d) too submissive to the English.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Decide court cases
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Prepare his own food
(d) Rise from a chair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
2. The Club is ______________________.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)