|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) a woman is beyond his status level.
(b) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(c) an animal is beneath contempt.
(d) an animal is beyond his status level.
2. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) sparse, lonely and bland.
(b) short, light and fresh.
(c) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(d) swift, passionate and enormous.
3. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(b) drive him away from the Club.
(c) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(d) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
4. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(b) she will make him leave immediately.
(c) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(b) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(c) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(d) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
3. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)