|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) U Po Kyin
(b) Ba Taik
(c) Ma Kin
(d) Ko Ba Sein
2. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) trading jokes
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) reading up on world events
(d) arguing about sports
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Rise from a chair
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Prepare his own food
(d) Decide court cases
4. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(b) He has not broken any laws at all.
(c) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
(d) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he is late for a date with his mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
3. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
4. Who is Flo?
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)