|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(b) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(c) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(d) that she does not have enough bribe money.
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) an animal is beyond his status level.
(b) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(c) a woman is beyond his status level.
(d) an animal is beneath contempt.
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(c) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(d) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(b) drink before sunset.
(c) like Ellis.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(b) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(c) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
(d) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Club is ______________________.
2. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
4. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
5. Ba Taik is ___________
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)