|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's son.
(b) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(c) U Po Kyin's wife.
(d) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
2. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(b) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
3. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) short, light and fresh.
(b) sparse, lonely and bland.
(c) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(d) swift, passionate and enormous.
4. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Flory
(c) Mr. Chesterton
(d) Mr. Lackersteen
5. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
(a) Dr. Veraswami, the local Indian doctor
(b) Hla Pe, the apprentice clerk
(c) Ba Taik, the servant.
(d) Ba Sein, the head clerk of the Deputy Commissioner's Office
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
2. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
4. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
5. Who objects to scandal among the men?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)