|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(b) sparse, lonely and bland.
(c) swift, passionate and enormous.
(d) short, light and fresh.
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) a woman is beyond his status level.
(b) an animal is beyond his status level.
(c) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(d) an animal is beneath contempt.
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very savvy
(b) Very slimy
(c) That Indian
(d) The savage doctor
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat and sagging
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) defeat the weak among his own people.
(b) prove his worth to the white men.
(c) defend the queen.
(d) be a parasite upon them
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)