|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(b) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
2. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his face
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A birthmark on his hand
(d) A mole on his face
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) trading jokes
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) reading up on world events
(d) arguing about sports
4. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Honoring his wife.
(b) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
(c) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(d) Taking in a local pregnant girl
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(b) drive him away from the Club.
(c) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(d) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
2. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
3. Who wrote the article against Mr. Macgregor?
4. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)