|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(b) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(c) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(d) his dog needs to go out.
2. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A birthmark on his face
(c) A mole on his face
(d) A scar on his face
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(b) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(c) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
4. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him stop drinking.
(b) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(c) she will make him leave immediately.
(d) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(b) that she does not have enough bribe money.
(c) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(d) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
2. Who is Flo?
3. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
4. The Club is ______________________.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)