|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(b) Happiness is not in money.
(c) Happiness is not in power.
(d) Happiness comes from the heart.
2. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's wife.
(b) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(c) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(d) U Po Kyin's son.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Lackersteen
(b) Mr. Ellis
(c) Mr. Flory
(d) Mr. Chesterton
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(b) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(c) drive him away from the Club.
(d) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
5. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(b) drink before sunset.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) like Ellis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
2. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
4. The Club is ______________________.
5. Who objects to scandal among the men?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)