|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It has a social club.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It has a railway terminus.
2. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
3. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(b) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(c) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(d) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(b) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The Burmese Patriot.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Rangoon Gazette.
(d) The London Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
3. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
4. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
5. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)