|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(b) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(c) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(d) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
2. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(b) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(c) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(d) that she does not have enough bribe money.
3. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) like Ellis.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(d) drink before sunset.
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(d) drive him away from the Club.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) too submissive to the English.
(b) ungrateful to the English.
(c) planning to overthrow the English.
(d) afraid of offending the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
2. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
3. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
4. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)