|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 24 and 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
(a) that U Po Kyin is the father of her child.
(b) that she has a newspaper article U Po Kyin will want to see.
(c) that she is U Po Kyin's daughter.
(d) that she does not have enough bribe money.
2. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Cries upon seeing her
(b) Wants her to hold him
(c) Wets himself on the floor
(d) Climbs up on to her lap
3. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
(b) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(c) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
(d) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
4. Flory reacts to Ma Hla May's appearance by _________________________.
(a) pretending to ignore her.
(b) pretending she is there to confront Ellis.
(c) shouting at her to leave the church at once.
(d) grabbing her and dragging her from the church.
5. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(b) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(c) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
(d) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival alarms Mrs. Lackersteen and Elizabeth?
2. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
3. Why does Flory not get to propose to Elizabeth?
4. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
5. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)