|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) defend the queen.
(b) prove his worth to the white men.
(c) be a parasite upon them
(d) defeat the weak among his own people.
2. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(b) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(c) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
3. How does MacGregor start his day?
(a) He does exercises at home then takes a brisk walk.
(b) He investigates any leftover business from the day before.
(c) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(d) He forces the other men to do calisthenics.
4. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
(a) That she is Flory's mistress.
(b) That she refuses to do laundry.
(c) That she is Burmese.
(d) That she is jealous of Elizabeth.
5. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(c) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
4. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)