|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
(a) working around the clock.
(b) drinking and visiting whores.
(c) saving money to send home to his parents.
(d) drinking and fighting with natives.
2. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
(a) he feels angry.
(b) he is attracted to a woman.
(c) he feels ashamed of himself.
(d) someone wants to touch him.
3. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
(a) her father's time in the military.
(b) her time as an artist in Paris.
(c) her family's immense fortunes.
(d) two terms she spent at an expensive boarding school.
4. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
(b) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(c) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
(d) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
5. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(d) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
2. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
3. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
4. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
5. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)