|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Verrall's face is described as _____________________.
(a) intelligent and amused.
(b) soft, feminine, and curious.
(c) hard, fearless, and brutal.
(d) bored and unintelligent.
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) Old Mattu, the beggar
(c) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
3. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(b) sparse, lonely and bland.
(c) swift, passionate and enormous.
(d) short, light and fresh.
4. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(d) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
5. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(b) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
(c) She is reassured by the local customs.
(d) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commits the murder?
2. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
3. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
4. When Lackersteen returns from camp he _________________________.
5. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)