|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness comes from the heart.
(b) Happiness is not in power.
(c) Happiness is not in money.
(d) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
2. Who commits the murder?
(a) Maxwell commits the murder.
(b) The relatives of the man Maxwell shot commit the murder.
(c) The relatives of Ma Hla May commit the murder.
(d) U Po Kyin commits the murder as revenge.
3. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
(a) she may be able to hunt a leopard.
(b) Flory plans to propose to her at the Club later.
(c) Flory wants her to return to the headman's house.
(d) she may be able to hunt a dog.
4. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
(a) he is not interested in marriage.
(b) he is only interested in marriage to a wealthy English woman.
(c) he is capable of tenderness and emtional intimacy.
(d) he is ready to change for the right woman.
5. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from Macgregor
(b) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
(c) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
(d) A letter from England
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
2. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
3. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
4. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
5. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)