|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth seem more approachable to Flory that evening?
(a) She starts to embrace Burmese culture.
(b) She is not wearing spectacles.
(c) She wears her hair down.
(d) She is less inhibited when she is drunk.
2. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
3. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
(a) a sick woman creeping out of bed.
(b) a Japanese lantern.
(c) a silver orb.
(d) an envious goddess.
4. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(b) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(c) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(d) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
5. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(d) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
2. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
3. When Lackersteen returns from camp he _________________________.
4. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
5. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)