|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
(b) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(c) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
(d) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
2. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(b) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(c) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(d) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
3. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
(a) in love with Mrs. Lackersteen.
(b) destined to remain a bachelor.
(c) in love with Elizabeth.
(d) in love with Ma Hla May.
4. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
(a) right after she misses her first shot.
(b) right after they leave the headman's house.
(c) right after she kills a jungle cock.
(d) right before Flory kills the tiger.
5. What is Elizabeth's first thought when she thinks of Flory?
(a) She remembers his drinking first.
(b) She remembers his kindness first.
(c) She remembers his courage first.
(d) She remembers his birthmark first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
2. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
4. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
5. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)