|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(b) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
(c) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
(d) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
2. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) being alone.
(b) never experiencing beauty.
(c) being European among Burmese.
(d) feeling racist.
3. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
4. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
(a) Flory will propose to Elizabeth that evening.
(b) Elizabeth will pay Flory more respect in the future.
(c) Elizabeth will claim to have killed the tiger on her own.
(d) Flory will enjoy one last night out with the boys that evening.
5. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) hide from others.
(b) get as drunk as possible.
(c) exercise until he sweats.
(d) take a trip home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
2. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
3. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
4. What does Elizabeth do when Flory calls out to her?
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)