|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
(a) a sick woman creeping out of bed.
(b) a silver orb.
(c) an envious goddess.
(d) a Japanese lantern.
2. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) does not find her attractive.
(b) has a Burmese wife.
(c) wants her to return with him to England.
(d) wants her to admire the Burmese.
3. U Po Kyin is convinced he would return as a man in his next life because ________________________.
(a) a woman is beyond his status level.
(b) an animal is beyond his status level.
(c) a woman is considered the same as a rat or frog.
(d) an animal is beneath contempt.
4. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
5. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
(a) trust Veraswami completely.
(b) believe U Po Kyin is lying.
(c) try to give each a fair chance to speak his mind.
(d) are behind U Po Kyin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
2. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
3. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)