|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(b) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(c) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
(d) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
2. What causes Mrs. Lackersteen to lecture Elizabeth on being "cheap?"
(a) Verrall has mentioned he plans to marry Elizabeth only if her family is wealthy.,
(b) Verrall has refused to give Elizabeth money when she has asked for it.
(c) Verrall has made no motions to marry Elizabeth even though they have had an affair.
(d) Verrall has given Elizabeth money on many occasions.
3. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(b) Happiness is not in money.
(c) Happiness is not in power.
(d) Happiness comes from the heart.
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a railway terminus.
(b) It is hotter than other towns.
(c) It has a social club.
(d) It is bigger than other towns.
5. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for what you own.
(b) for what you are.
(c) for your past.
(d) for who you know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
2. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
3. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
4. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
5. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)