|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
(a) Verrall ignores the invitation.
(b) Verrall comes to the Club with a native friend.
(c) Verrall comes to the Club at once.
(d) Verrall declines the invitation.
2. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) a solution to his problems.
(b) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
(c) his ability to see events more clearly.
(d) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
3. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(b) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(c) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(d) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
4. What is Elizabeth's reason for snubbing Flory?
(a) He is not an experienced horseback rider.
(b) He is keeping a Burmese woman.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is not an experienced hunter.
5. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
(a) right after she kills a jungle cock.
(b) right before Flory kills the tiger.
(c) right after she misses her first shot.
(d) right after they leave the headman's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ko S'la is __________________.
2. Who commits the murder?
3. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
4. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)