|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
(a) she comments on the beauty of the natives.
(b) she reveals that she is lonely.
(c) she claims to love reading, as he does.
(d) she claims to want to settle down in Burma.
2. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
(b) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
(c) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(d) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
3. What causes Mrs. Lackersteen to lecture Elizabeth on being "cheap?"
(a) Verrall has given Elizabeth money on many occasions.
(b) Verrall has made no motions to marry Elizabeth even though they have had an affair.
(c) Verrall has refused to give Elizabeth money when she has asked for it.
(d) Verrall has mentioned he plans to marry Elizabeth only if her family is wealthy.,
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(b) thin and gaunt
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) fat and sagging
5. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
(a) Gets drunk and confronts Elizabeth
(b) Leaves immediately for England
(c) Leaves immediately for the camp
(d) Gets drunk and engages a Burmese prostitute
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
2. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
4. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)