|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of love and respect.
(b) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(c) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(d) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
2. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
(b) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(c) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
(d) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
3. When Lackersteen returns from camp he _________________________.
(a) attempts to seduce Ma Hla May.
(b) attempts to rape Elizabeth.
(c) continues drinking and carousing with local women.
(d) refuses to appear at the club.
4. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
5. Who are Francis and Samuel?
(a) Two English men from the Club.
(b) Two Eurasian men Flory has befriended.
(c) Flory's servants.
(d) Elizabeth's uncles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
2. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
3. Who is Flo?
4. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
5. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)