|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
(b) Flory's health.
(c) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(d) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
2. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
(a) Flory's mistress, Ma Hla May
(b) Dr. Veraswami
(c) Flory's servant, Ko S'la
(d) Flory himself
3. Why does Verrall enter the Burma Military Police?
(a) He is running from the law in England.
(b) He has no other training or prospects.
(c) He has enormous debts to pay.
(d) He needs to escape from a woman.
4. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) a wonderland of beauty.
(b) a journey into their hearts.
(c) a relief from the heat of the day.
(d) an oppressive struggle.
5. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
(b) Ellis' drunkenness.
(c) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(d) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
4. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
5. The earthquake inspires what kind of feeling in the members of the Club after it is over?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)