|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
(a) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor but feels contempt for him.
(b) He acts respectfully toward Macgregor because he looks up to him.
(c) He acts contemptuously toward Macgregor.
(d) He acts as though Macgregor does not exist.
2. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of religion.
(b) freedom to marry a native.
(c) freedom of speech.
(d) freedom of choice.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "choosing peace."
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was refusing to become a man.
(d) He was "sticking by his job."
4. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
(a) That she refuses to do laundry.
(b) That she is Flory's mistress.
(c) That she is Burmese.
(d) That she is jealous of Elizabeth.
5. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
(b) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(c) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(d) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
4. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
5. How do the men respond when Flory proposes Veraswami as a member of the Club?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)