|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The wind and cold
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The muddy roads
2. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
(a) saving money to send home to his parents.
(b) working around the clock.
(c) drinking and fighting with natives.
(d) drinking and visiting whores.
3. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
(a) right after she kills a jungle cock.
(b) right before Flory kills the tiger.
(c) right after they leave the headman's house.
(d) right after she misses her first shot.
4. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) take a trip home.
(b) get as drunk as possible.
(c) exercise until he sweats.
(d) hide from others.
5. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(b) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
2. Why do the members of the Club suddenly allow the butler into their conversation?
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
4. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
5. What does Flory do when he learns the truth about Elizabeth's affair with Verrall?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)