|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His family has disowned him.
(b) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(c) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(d) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
2. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
(b) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(c) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
(d) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very slimy
(b) Very savvy
(c) That Indian
(d) The savage doctor
4. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
(a) Her disdain for Burmese culture infuriates him.
(b) Elizabeth's boldness in approaching him offends him.
(c) Her beauty finally causes Verrall to socialize with the English.
(d) Her beauty intimidates him and he cannot speak.
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) thin and gaunt
(b) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) fat and sagging
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruins Flory's plan to deliver the leopard skin to Elizabeth?
2. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
3. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
4. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)