|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(b) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
2. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his face
(b) A birthmark on his hand
(c) A scar on his face
(d) A mole on his face
3. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(d) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
4. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(a) Courage and exhilaration
(b) Guilt and self-loathing
(c) Fear and resentment
5. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
(a) Elizabeth will pay Flory more respect in the future.
(b) Flory will propose to Elizabeth that evening.
(c) Flory will enjoy one last night out with the boys that evening.
(d) Elizabeth will claim to have killed the tiger on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami's letter informs Flory that __________________________.
2. What is Elizabeth's first thought when she thinks of Flory?
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
4. What is the description of the mood of Chapter 17?
5. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)