|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(b) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(c) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(d) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
2. Why does Flory not get to propose to Elizabeth?
(a) Lackersteen finds them kissing outside and objects.
(b) Flory loses his nerve because of his birthmark.
(c) Elizabeth refuses to hear his offer.
(d) He is interrupted twice.
3. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Carrying the gun in her lap
(b) Watching the scenery go by
(c) Shooting at birds
(d) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
4. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Chesterton
(b) Mr. Flory
(c) Mr. Ellis
(d) Mr. Lackersteen
5. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
(a) He fears the Burmese men will catch them.
(b) He suddenly becomes aware of his birthmark.
(c) He suddenly realizes she is indifferent toward him.
(d) He does not want her to see him as a lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to scandal among the men?
2. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
4. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
5. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)