|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Englishmen to feel envy for Verrall?
(a) Verrall is extremely wealthy.
(b) Verrall is destined for a happy marriage.
(c) Verrall has a spotless reputation with officers and creditors.
(d) Verrall dances with Elizabeth at the Club.
2. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) has a Burmese wife.
(b) wants her to admire the Burmese.
(c) wants her to return with him to England.
(d) does not find her attractive.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Chesterton
(c) Mr. Lackersteen
(d) Mr. Flory
4. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(b) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
(c) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
(d) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
5. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1825
(b) In Burma, April of 1925
(c) In England, April of 1925
(d) In England, April of 1825
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
2. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
3. What do the locals carry ashore at the end of Chapter twenty-one?
4. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
5. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)