|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
(a) right after she kills a jungle cock.
(b) right before Flory kills the tiger.
(c) right after she misses her first shot.
(d) right after they leave the headman's house.
2. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(b) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
(c) She is reassured by the local customs.
(d) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
3. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's cocker spaniel
(b) Flory's maid
(c) Flory's wife
(d) Flory's assistant
4. Who greets Flory and Elizabeth when they go ashore?
(b) The Eurasians
(c) The village headman
(d) Ko S'la
5. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(b) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
(c) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
(d) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
2. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
3. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
4. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
5. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)