|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19, 20, and 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Local pariah
(b) Lord of all he surveys
(c) Spineless cur
(d) Misunderstood genius
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(b) Happiness comes from the heart.
(c) Happiness is not in money.
(d) Happiness is not in power.
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
(b) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(c) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
(d) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
4. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
(a) He notices Elizabeth's beauty from a distance.
(b) They approach him and he cannot escape them.
(c) They approach him and he is delighted to speak to them.
(d) Mrs. Lackersteen invites him to dinner.
5. Killing the leopard has created what feeling between Flory and Elizabeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
2. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
4. How does Flory start his day?
5. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)