|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) like Ellis.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) drink before sunset.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(b) drive him away from the Club.
(c) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(d) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
3. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(b) The English
(c) The Burmese Natives
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
(b) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(c) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
(d) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
5. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to fight Ellis.
(b) someone with whom he can share his life.
(c) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(d) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
2. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
4. Ko S'la is __________________.
5. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)