|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
(a) Giving a basket of mangoes to the priests
(b) Honoring his wife.
(c) Taking in a local pregnant girl
(d) Dishonoring Dr. Veraswami
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) Mrs. Lackersteen
(d) U Po Kyin
3. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is bigger than other towns.
(b) It has a railway terminus.
(c) It has a social club.
(d) It is hotter than other towns.
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
(a) Flory leaves without saying hello to his wife.
(b) Flory does not promise to propose him as a club member.
(c) Flory refuses to give money to Old Mattu.
(d) Flory refuses to help him fight U Po Kyin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
3. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)