|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1925
(b) In England, April of 1825
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In England, April of 1925
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) like Ellis.
(b) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) drink before sunset.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "choosing peace."
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was refusing to become a man.
4. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(b) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(c) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(d) she is wet from swimming in the river.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A birthmark on his face
(d) A mole on his face
Short Answer Questions
1. Ko S'la is __________________.
2. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
3. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
4. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
5. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)