|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Prepare his own food
(b) Acquire merit
(c) Decide court cases
(d) Rise from a chair
2. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(b) drive him away from the Club.
(c) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(d) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Ungrateful and confrontational
(b) Cruel and aggressive
(c) Cowardly and dishonorable
(d) Awkward and timid
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) wear her sandals in the house.
(b) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(c) join Flory for all his meals.
(d) come in for tea but not for other meals.
5. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(b) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(c) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
(d) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
3. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
5. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)