|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's wife
(b) Flory's maid
(c) Flory's assistant
(d) Flory's cocker spaniel
2. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Formative periods
(b) Moral failings
(c) Unfortunate episodes
(d) Dark spells
3. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) his ability to see events more clearly.
(b) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
(c) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
(d) a solution to his problems.
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(c) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(d) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
5. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Rangoon Gazette.
(c) The London Times.
(d) The Burmese Patriot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
4. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
5. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)