|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's wife.
(b) U Po Kyin's son.
(c) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(d) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
2. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
3. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) arguing about sports
(b) trading jokes
(c) discussing the European women in town
(d) reading up on world events
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) his dog needs to go out.
(b) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
5. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Flo?
2. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
3. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)