|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
2. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has not broken any laws at all.
(b) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
(c) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(d) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
3. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a liar and a boxer.
(b) a liar and a footballer.
(c) a traveller and a salesman.
(d) a friend to the unfortunate.
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) reading up on world events
(b) arguing about sports
(c) trading jokes
(d) discussing the European women in town
5. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(b) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(c) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(d) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
2. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
5. Who objects to scandal among the men?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)