|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Make more money
(b) Acquire more merit
(c) Destroy his enemies
(d) Buy more merit.
2. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(d) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
3. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(c) his dog needs to go out.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
(a) He stays home instead of joining the others at the club.
(b) He signs a slanderous notice against Veraswami.
(c) He shoots the dog in cold blood.
(d) He throws Ma Hla May out of the house.
5. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
(a) hide from others.
(b) take a trip home.
(c) get as drunk as possible.
(d) exercise until he sweats.
Short Answer Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
2. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
3. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
5. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)