|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in money.
(b) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(c) Happiness comes from the heart.
(d) Happiness is not in power.
2. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's cocker spaniel
(b) Flory's assistant
(c) Flory's wife
(d) Flory's maid
3. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
4. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The wind and cold
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Flory
(b) Mr. Ellis
(c) Mr. Lackersteen
(d) Mr. Chesterton
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
2. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)