|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) his ability to see events more clearly.
(b) a solution to his problems.
(c) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
(d) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
2. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Destroy his enemies
(b) Acquire more merit
(c) Make more money
(d) Buy more merit.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Flory
(c) Mr. Chesterton
(d) Mr. Lackersteen
4. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
(a) Ellis' drunkenness.
(b) Ellis' rude comments on his proposal.
(c) Flory's refusal to stand up for his friend.
(d) Ellis' use of the term 'nigger.'
5. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(b) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(c) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where and when does the story take place?
2. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
5. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)