|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "choosing peace."
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was refusing to become a man.
2. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A birthmark on his face
(c) A mole on his face
(d) A scar on his face
3. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Spineless cur
(b) Local pariah
(c) Lord of all he surveys
(d) Misunderstood genius
4. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) homesick for England.
(b) jaded and resentful of the English.
(c) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(d) tired of the Burmese.
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(b) Old Mattu, the beggar
(c) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)