|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(b) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(c) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(d) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
2. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of speech.
(b) freedom of religion.
(c) freedom to marry a native.
(d) freedom of choice.
3. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
(a) A pox on humanity
(b) A patient who will not pay his bill
(c) A sick patient
(d) A pack of dogs
4. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Make more money
(b) Buy more merit.
(c) Destroy his enemies
(d) Acquire more merit
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) defeat the weak among his own people.
(b) defend the queen.
(c) be a parasite upon them
(d) prove his worth to the white men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
2. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
3. Ko S'la is __________________.
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)