|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(b) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(c) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(d) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
2. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was refusing to become a man.
(b) He was "choosing peace."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was "fighting his own battles."
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) discussing the European women in town
(b) trading jokes
(c) reading up on world events
(d) arguing about sports
5. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
(a) his parents demanded he get a job or leave the house.
(b) his parents believed he could not survive in England.
(c) his parents bought him a position at a firm.
(d) his parents brought him over on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
2. Ko S'la is __________________.
3. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
4. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
5. Who is Flo?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)