|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) his ability to see events more clearly.
(b) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
(c) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
(d) a solution to his problems.
2. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In Burma, April of 1925
(c) In England, April of 1925
(d) In Burma, April of 1825
3. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(b) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
(c) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(d) he is too hot to do anything physical.
4. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A mole on his face
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A birthmark on his face
(d) A birthmark on his hand
5. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(b) she will make him stop drinking.
(c) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(d) she will make him leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
3. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
4. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)