|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) feeling racist.
(b) being European among Burmese.
(c) being alone.
(d) never experiencing beauty.
2. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) Old Mattu, the beggar
(c) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
3. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(a) The Burmese Natives
(c) The English
4. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a social club.
(b) It has a railway terminus.
(c) It is hotter than other towns.
(d) It is bigger than other towns.
5. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The muddy roads
(b) The oppressive heat
(c) The wind and cold
(d) The monsoon season
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to scandal among the men?
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
4. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
5. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)