|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone with whom he can share his life.
(b) someone to fight Ellis.
(c) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(d) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
2. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
(a) court cases against Mr. Macgregor and Mr. Flory.
(b) court cases against Ma Kin and Dr. Versaswami.
(c) plots against U Po Kyin and Ba Taik.
(d) plots against Mr. Macgregor and Dr. Veraswami.
3. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
(a) U Po Kyin, the magistrate
(c) Old Mattu, the beggar
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) arguing about sports
(b) trading jokes
(c) discussing the European women in town
(d) reading up on world events
5. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) a solution to his problems.
(b) his ability to see events more clearly.
(c) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
(d) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
3. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)