|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
(a) he agrees with everything Ellis says.
(b) he cannot meet Ellis' eyes and his voice shakes when he speak.
(c) he leaves the room whenever Ellis enters.
(d) he cannot speak even when Ellis asks him a question.
2. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) his dog needs to go out.
(b) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(c) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(d) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
3. Ba Taik is ___________
(a) U Po Kyin's unpaid servant.
(b) U Po Kyin's wife.
(c) U Po Kyin's deputy.
(d) U Po Kyin's son.
4. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(d) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
5. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) planning to overthrow the English.
(b) afraid of offending the English.
(c) ungrateful to the English.
(d) too submissive to the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
2. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
3. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
5. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)