|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(d) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
2. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(d) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
3. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) drive him away from the Club.
(b) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
(c) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(d) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
4. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) never experiencing beauty.
(b) feeling racist.
(c) being alone.
(d) being European among Burmese.
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Chesterton
(b) Mr. Flory
(c) Mr. Lackersteen
(d) Mr. Ellis
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
2. Ba Taik is ___________
3. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
4. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
5. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)