|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin's meal is described as ______________________.
(a) joyous, lengthy and celebratory.
(b) short, light and fresh.
(c) swift, passionate and enormous.
(d) sparse, lonely and bland.
2. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was refusing to become a man.
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was "choosing peace."
3. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a four-room wooden building.
(b) a pillared building in the center of town.
(c) a golf course outside of town.
(d) a grand estate.
4. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
(b) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(c) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(d) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
5. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very slimy
(b) Very savvy
(c) The savage doctor
(d) That Indian
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
2. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
3. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)