|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Veraswami do when Flory denounces the English?
(a) Veraswami feels free to denounce them, too.
(b) Veraswami pretends he does not hear Flory's comments.
(c) Veraswami warns him that he is becoming a traitor.
(d) Veraswami defends and praises the English.
2. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) come in for tea but not for other meals.
(b) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(c) wear her sandals in the house.
(d) join Flory for all his meals.
3. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
(a) working around the clock.
(b) drinking and fighting with natives.
(c) drinking and visiting whores.
(d) saving money to send home to his parents.
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) thin and gaunt
(b) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) fat and sagging
5. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(b) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(c) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
(d) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
2. Where and when does the story take place?
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
4. Ba Taik is ___________
5. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)