|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) like Ellis.
(b) drink before sunset.
(c) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
2. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's wife
(b) Flory's cocker spaniel
(c) Flory's assistant
(d) Flory's maid
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of choice.
(b) freedom of religion.
(c) freedom to marry a native.
(d) freedom of speech.
4. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1825
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In Burma, April of 1925
5. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
(a) Flory has sent her back to her parents.
(b) Flory no longer buys her presents.
(c) Flory has demanded she has no other lovers.
(d) Flory lets Ko S'la treat her rudely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
2. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
3. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
4. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
5. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)