|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) Very savvy
(b) That Indian
(c) The savage doctor
(d) Very slimy
2. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) tired of the Burmese.
(b) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(c) homesick for England.
(d) jaded and resentful of the English.
3. What does Ma Kin encourage her husband to do?
(a) Buy more merit.
(b) Acquire more merit
(c) Destroy his enemies
(d) Make more money
4. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a traveller and a salesman.
(b) a liar and a footballer.
(c) a friend to the unfortunate.
(d) a liar and a boxer.
5. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Lackersteen
(b) Mr. Chesterton
(c) Mr. Ellis
(d) Mr. Flory
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
4. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
5. The village girl that visits that morning claims ____________________________.
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)