|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps U Po Kyin from being exposed by those who complain against him?
(a) He has too many supporters and he pays them well.
(b) He has not broken any laws that the English care about.
(c) He has not broken any laws at all.
(d) He has too many powerful friends from the Club.
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
(a) drink before sunset.
(b) object to Lackersteen's drinking and carousing.
(c) like Ellis.
(d) want to admit non-whites to the Club.
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
(b) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(c) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(d) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
(a) destroy his medical practice to make room for another doctor.
(b) have him arrested so that U Po Kyin could demand a bribe from him.
(c) drive him away from the Club.
(d) destroy his reputation and ruin him forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ba Sein arrives to discuss ________________________________.
2. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
3. The only solution for Flory's ennui is to ________________________.
4. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
5. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)