|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(b) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(c) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
2. Ba Sein brings a copy of __________________.
(a) The London Times.
(b) The Burmese Patriot.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Rangoon Gazette.
3. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In England, April of 1925
(b) In Burma, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In England, April of 1825
4. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
5. What does Ma Kin tell her husband about happiness?
(a) Happiness is not in power.
(b) Happiness escapes those who do evil.
(c) Happiness is not in money.
(d) Happiness comes from the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Macgregor is most offended by ____________________.
2. Flory is more aware of his birthmark when ___________________________.
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
4. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
5. What does U Po Kyin believe will bring him merit at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)