|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(b) rotting from within, like old fruit
(c) thin and gaunt
(d) fat and sagging
2. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
(a) a civilizing presence.
(b) a pox.
(c) an unwelcome presence.
(d) an unfortunate necessity.
3. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(b) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
(c) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(d) she is sick from eating table scraps.
4. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Awkward and timid
(b) Cowardly and dishonorable
(c) Cruel and aggressive
(d) Ungrateful and confrontational
5. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(b) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(c) she will make him stop drinking.
(d) she will make him leave immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
2. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
3. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
5. The plot against Dr. Veraswami is to _____________________________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)