|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
(a) A letter from Macgregor
(b) An anonymous letter telling him to avoid Ma Hla May
(c) A letter from England
(d) An anonymous letter warning him about Veraswami
2. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(b) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(c) Flory's health.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Ellis
(b) Mr. Flory
(c) Mr. Lackersteen
(d) Mr. Chesterton
4. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(a) U Po Kyin
(c) Mrs. Lackersteen
5. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) discussing the European women in town
(b) reading up on world events
(c) trading jokes
(d) arguing about sports
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
2. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
4. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
5. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)