|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she will make him leave immediately.
(b) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(c) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
2. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
3. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) That Indian
(b) The savage doctor
(c) Very savvy
(d) Very slimy
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) his dog needs to go out.
(c) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(d) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(d) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
2. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
3. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
4. What gives Flory brief comfort at the end of the chapter?
5. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)