|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(b) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(c) Flory's health.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
2. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(b) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(c) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
3. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a grand estate.
(b) a golf course outside of town.
(c) a four-room wooden building.
(d) a pillared building in the center of town.
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) trading jokes
(b) discussing the European women in town
(c) arguing about sports
(d) reading up on world events
5. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
(a) Flory is treated as an intruder in Veraswami's personal life.
(b) Flory is resented but tolerated.
(c) Flory is welcomed and respected by Veraswami.
(d) Flory is welcomed, but only because he is beneficial to Veraswami's goals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
2. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
3. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
4. What does Flory's clerk bring him?
5. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)