|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Shooting at birds
(b) Carrying the gun in her lap
(c) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
(d) Watching the scenery go by
2. The Club is ______________________.
(a) a pillared building in the center of town.
(b) a grand estate.
(c) a four-room wooden building.
(d) a golf course outside of town.
3. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
(a) trust Veraswami completely.
(b) try to give each a fair chance to speak his mind.
(c) believe U Po Kyin is lying.
(d) are behind U Po Kyin.
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(b) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(c) a mixture of love and respect.
(d) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
5. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
(a) He suddenly becomes aware of his birthmark.
(b) He does not want her to see him as a lover.
(c) He fears the Burmese men will catch them.
(d) He suddenly realizes she is indifferent toward him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
2. What does Mrs. Lackersteen imply to Elizabeth?
3. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
4. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
5. Flory's fear of a confrontation with Ellis is clear because _______________________.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)