|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
(a) wear her sandals in the house.
(b) join Flory for all his meals.
(c) borrow Flory's money without asking.
(d) come in for tea but not for other meals.
2. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
(a) pretends he does not have a birthmark.
(b) talks to him about art and literature.
(c) sees how he can shoot.
(d) watches him mix with the Burmese people.
3. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
(a) Flory's health.
(b) the English refusing him entrance to the Club.
(c) U Po Kyin's plot against him.
(d) U Po Kyin's attempts to bribe him.
4. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) The monsoon season
(b) The muddy roads
(c) The oppressive heat
(d) The wind and cold
5. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(b) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(c) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
2. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
3. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
4. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
5. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)