|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does MacGregor start his day?
(a) He forces the other men to do calisthenics.
(b) He investigates any leftover business from the day before.
(c) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(d) He does exercises at home then takes a brisk walk.
2. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
(a) She screams when she is frightened by a water buffalo.
(b) She screams when she is frightened by Ko S'la.
(c) She faints from the heat on his doorstep.
(d) She runs to him for rescue from the natives.
3. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
4. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) feeling racist.
(b) never experiencing beauty.
(c) being European among Burmese.
(d) being alone.
5. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his face
(b) A birthmark on his hand
(c) A mole on his face
(d) A scar on his face
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
2. Who is Flo?
3. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
4. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
5. Flory reveals what attitude toward Macgregor?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)