|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It has a railway terminus.
(b) It is bigger than other towns.
(c) It has a social club.
(d) It is hotter than other towns.
2. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
(a) aloof and superior
(b) warm and inviting
(c) timid and conciliatory
(d) hostile and forbidding
3. Flory does not want to shave because _____________________________.
(a) he is too hot to do anything physical.
(b) he wants a beard to grow in and hide his birthmark.
(c) he is afraid of germs in the water.
(d) he does not want to look in the mirror until he has had a few drinks.
4. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
(a) She runs to him for rescue from the natives.
(b) She screams when she is frightened by Ko S'la.
(c) She screams when she is frightened by a water buffalo.
(d) She faints from the heat on his doorstep.
5. Lackersteen does not want to see his wife because __________________________.
(a) she is an irresponsible drinker.
(b) she will make him leave immediately.
(c) she is angry at him and will embarrass him.
(d) she will make him stop drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ko S'la is __________________.
2. Who is Flo?
3. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
4. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
5. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)