|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
(b) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
(c) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(d) She is reassured by the local customs.
2. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
(a) She screams when she is frightened by Ko S'la.
(b) She faints from the heat on his doorstep.
(c) She runs to him for rescue from the natives.
(d) She screams when she is frightened by a water buffalo.
3. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
(a) he wants Macgregor to apologize for his notice.
(b) he wants Flory denounced publicly.
(c) he does not want non-whites admitted to the Club.
(d) he is unhappy with the service at the Club.
4. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Mrs. Lackersteen
5. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
(a) Flory wants her to return to the headman's house.
(b) she may be able to hunt a leopard.
(c) Flory plans to propose to her at the Club later.
(d) she may be able to hunt a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose arrival confirms Veraswami's views about the Burmese?
2. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
3. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
5. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)