|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
(a) two terms she spent at an expensive boarding school.
(b) her time as an artist in Paris.
(c) her family's immense fortunes.
(d) her father's time in the military.
2. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(c) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(d) a mixture of love and respect.
3. Who objects most strongly to Macgregor's notice about admitting non-whites to the Club?
(a) Mr. Chesterton
(b) Mr. Lackersteen
(c) Mr. Flory
(d) Mr. Ellis
4. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
(a) That Indian
(b) Very savvy
(c) Very slimy
(d) The savage doctor
5. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) an oppressive struggle.
(b) a wonderland of beauty.
(c) a relief from the heat of the day.
(d) a journey into their hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
2. Who objects to scandal among the men?
3. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
4. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
5. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)