|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Flory and Elizabeth when they go ashore?
(b) The Eurasians
(c) Ko S'la
(d) The village headman
2. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
(a) She notices Flory's birthmark and is repulsed by it.
(b) She and Flory find the servants watching them talk.
(c) She realizes Flory is sympathetic to the natives.
(d) She realizes her uncle does not like Flory.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
(a) her husband's job
(b) her servants
(c) her drink
(d) her wardrobe
4. Flory and Ko S'la attend to Flo because _________________________.
(a) she is sick from eating table scraps.
(b) she is wet from swimming in the river.
(c) she picks up numerous ticks during the day.
(d) she is tired from the walk in the forest.
5. During Flory's time in Burma, he has grown ___________________________.
(a) homesick for England.
(b) uncomfortable with his friendship with the doctor.
(c) tired of the Burmese.
(d) jaded and resentful of the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
2. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
3. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
4. Ma Hla May is allowed to _____________________________.
5. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)