|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flory start his day?
(a) He prepares his household for the day.
(b) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
(c) He writes letters to his enemies.
(d) He writes a love letter to Elizabeth.
2. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
(a) Elizabeth will claim to have killed the tiger on her own.
(b) Flory will enjoy one last night out with the boys that evening.
(c) Elizabeth will pay Flory more respect in the future.
(d) Flory will propose to Elizabeth that evening.
3. Ellis warns Flory that ________________________________.
(a) U Po Kyin is out to get him.
(b) Elizabeth is not impressed by Burma or the natives.
(c) Veraswami may be in some kind of trouble.
(d) Elizabeth has come to Burma to find a husband.
4. How is Flory received at Dr. Veraswami's house?
(a) Flory is treated as an intruder in Veraswami's personal life.
(b) Flory is resented but tolerated.
(c) Flory is welcomed and respected by Veraswami.
(d) Flory is welcomed, but only because he is beneficial to Veraswami's goals.
5. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
(a) He says Ma Hla May is the laundress.
(b) He says Ma Hla May is the jealous type.
(c) He says Ma Hla May is a boy.
(d) He says Ma Hla May is Ko S'la's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
2. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
3. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
4. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
5. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)