|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinguishing mark does John Flory have on his body?
(a) A birthmark on his hand
(b) A scar on his face
(c) A mole on his face
(d) A birthmark on his face
2. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
(a) a journey into their hearts.
(b) an oppressive struggle.
(c) a relief from the heat of the day.
(d) a wonderland of beauty.
3. What distinguishes Kyauktada from other Burmese towns?
(a) It is hotter than other towns.
(b) It has a social club.
(c) It is bigger than other towns.
(d) It has a railway terminus.
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(b) a mixture of love and respect.
(c) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(d) a mixture of fear and excitement.
5. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
(a) aloof and superior
(b) timid and conciliatory
(c) hostile and forbidding
(d) warm and inviting
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
2. Macgregor is the only Englishman who does not ____________________.
3. Flory feels Elizabeth may be a kindred spirit because ____________________________.
4. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
5. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)