|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confrontation does Flory endure?
(a) He turns Ma Hla May out of his house.
(b) He asks Elizabeth to marry him.
(c) He has a meeting with U Po Kyin.
(d) He stands up to Dr. Veraswami.
2. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
(b) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
(c) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(d) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
3. How does MacGregor start his day?
(a) He does exercises at home then takes a brisk walk.
(b) He forces the other men to do calisthenics.
(c) He investigates any leftover business from the day before.
(d) He drinks gin while sitting in the tub.
4. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) his dog needs to go out.
(b) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
(c) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(d) he is late for a date with his mistress.
5. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
(a) A pack of dogs
(b) A patient who will not pay his bill
(c) A pox on humanity
(d) A sick patient
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Westfield feel about pursuing petty criminals?
2. The Club is ______________________.
3. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
4. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
5. Ellis confronts Macgregor because _______________________.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)