|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flory not kiss Elizabeth in the jungle?
(a) He fears the Burmese men will catch them.
(b) He suddenly becomes aware of his birthmark.
(c) He suddenly realizes she is indifferent toward him.
(d) He does not want her to see him as a lover.
2. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
3. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) Mrs. Lackersteen
(d) U Po Kyin
4. Elizabeth's behavior at the headman's house could be described as ______________________.
(a) hostile and forbidding
(b) aloof and superior
(c) timid and conciliatory
(d) warm and inviting
5. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's assistant
(b) Flory's maid
(c) Flory's wife
(d) Flory's cocker spaniel
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
2. What nickname is Ellis given to Dr. Veraswami?
3. Veraswami is slightly disappointed when _________________________________.
4. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
5. Who accompanies Elizabeth to her uncle's house?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)