|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth admires Flory when she _____________________.
(a) sees how he can shoot.
(b) pretends he does not have a birthmark.
(c) watches him mix with the Burmese people.
(d) talks to him about art and literature.
2. After the argument, the men occupy their time by ______________________.
(a) discussing the European women in town
(b) trading jokes
(c) arguing about sports
(d) reading up on world events
3. Mrs. Lackersteen believes the natives are _________________________.
(a) planning to overthrow the English.
(b) too submissive to the English.
(c) ungrateful to the English.
(d) afraid of offending the English.
4. Who is Flo?
(a) Flory's maid
(b) Flory's assistant
(c) Flory's wife
(d) Flory's cocker spaniel
5. To what do the doctor and Flory compare the British Empire?
(a) A patient who will not pay his bill
(b) A pox on humanity
(c) A pack of dogs
(d) A sick patient
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lackersteen complains about the quality of ______________.
2. What does Lackersteen almost reveal about Ma Hla May?
3. In the feud between U Po Kyin and Veraswami, most townspeople _____________________.
4. Who greets Flory and Elizabeth when they go ashore?
5. What confrontation does Flory endure?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)