|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
(a) Shooting at birds
(b) Carrying the gun in her lap
(c) Carrying on a conversation with the Burman canoe-man
(d) Watching the scenery go by
2. Flory's greatest misery is ______________________.
(a) never experiencing beauty.
(b) being alone.
(c) being European among Burmese.
(d) feeling racist.
3. Killing the leopard has created what feeling between Flory and Elizabeth?
4. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(b) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
(c) She is reassured by the local customs.
(d) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
5. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
(a) Flory plans to propose to her at the Club later.
(b) Flory wants her to return to the headman's house.
(c) she may be able to hunt a dog.
(d) she may be able to hunt a leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
2. What aspect of the setting is repeatedly mentioned in Chapter 2?
3. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
4. Flory and Elizabeth have an intimate moment _____________________________.
5. Finally, the doctor tells Flory about his fears regarding ________________________.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)