|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who objects to scandal among the men?
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Mrs. Lackersteen
2. Why is Elizabeth upset about the pew?
(a) She is not allowed to sit in the front with the rest of the whites.
(b) She thinks the female natives are being exploited.
(c) She feels Flory might try to abandon her there.
(d) She has to sit among the natives and watch a suggestive dance.
3. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
(b) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(c) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
(d) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
4. Elizabeth's view of the world is mostly shaped by ____________________________.
(a) her time as an artist in Paris.
(b) her family's immense fortunes.
(c) two terms she spent at an expensive boarding school.
(d) her father's time in the military.
5. Killing the leopard has created what feeling between Flory and Elizabeth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What confrontation does Flory endure?
2. How does Elizabeth feel when she kills a bird?
3. Elizabeth is most excited when she learns ____________________________.
4. Veraswami sees the English as ______________________.
5. What does Elizabeth enjoy during the canoe trip to the shooting party?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)