|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the servants threaten to leave if Flory marries a European woman?
(a) They feel Flory would be disrespecting Ma Hla May.
(b) They feel Flory would be unhappy.
(c) They feel a European woman would be cheap and controlling.
(d) They feel a European woman would replace them with European servants.
2. Who walks home with the Lackersteens at the end of the evening?
3. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
(a) She and Flory find the servants watching them talk.
(b) She notices Flory's birthmark and is repulsed by it.
(c) She realizes Flory is sympathetic to the natives.
(d) She realizes her uncle does not like Flory.
4. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(b) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(c) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
(d) a mixture of love and respect.
5. Flory finally leaves the Club because _____________________.
(a) he is late for a date with his mistress.
(b) he cannot stand the racist talk any longer.
(c) his dog needs to go out.
(d) he needs to get home before the sun is too extreme.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ma Hla May complains because _____________________________.
2. What excuse does Flory make to Elizabeth for Ma Hla May's presence?
3. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
4. How does Flory discover Lackersteen's niece, Elizabeth?
5. What does Elizabeth's do after her mother dies?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)