|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Flory about Elizabeth?
(a) Her willingness to accompany him outside the Club.
(b) Her confession that she has come to seek a husband.
(c) Her unwillingness to go to the pwe.
(d) Her admiration of Burma and its culture.
2. How does Orwell describe the leopard?
3. What game do the Englishmen play In the evening?
4. How does Elizabeth appear to feel about the atmosphere of the Club?
(a) She is reassured by the local customs.
(b) She is bored by the familiar customs.
(c) She is fearful of the attention of so many single men.
(d) She is reassured by the white faces and European habits.
5. Flory's attitude toward his mistress is ____________________________.
(a) a mixture of love and respect.
(b) a mixture of delight and anticipation.
(c) a mixture of fear and excitement.
(d) a mixture of tolerance and disgust.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, both Flory and Elizabeth expect that ____________________________.
2. Flory and Elizabeth's journey through the jungle is described as ______________________.
3. Ko S'la disapproves of Ma Hla May because _____________________________.
4. Killing the leopard has created what feeling between Flory and Elizabeth?
5. What causes Elizabeth to leave Flory's house?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)