|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) wants her to admire the Burmese.
(b) wants her to return with him to England.
(c) has a Burmese wife.
(d) does not find her attractive.
2. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
(d) Burmese culture
3. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(b) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(c) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
(d) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
4. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
(a) in love with Mrs. Lackersteen.
(b) in love with Ma Hla May.
(c) in love with Elizabeth.
(d) destined to remain a bachelor.
5. What causes the Englishmen to feel envy for Verrall?
(a) Verrall is destined for a happy marriage.
(b) Verrall has a spotless reputation with officers and creditors.
(c) Verrall is extremely wealthy.
(d) Verrall dances with Elizabeth at the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
2. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
3. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
4. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
5. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)