|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His family has disowned him.
(b) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(c) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(d) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
2. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for who you know.
(b) for your past.
(c) for what you own.
(d) for what you are.
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone to fight Ellis.
(b) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
(c) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(d) someone with whom he can share his life.
4. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
(b) Burmese culture
5. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(b) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
(c) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
(d) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
2. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
4. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
5. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)