|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
(a) a wasted effort, ultimately ineffective.
(b) his resolve to stand up for Veraswami.
(c) a solution to his problems.
(d) his ability to see events more clearly.
2. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Unfortunate episodes
(b) Moral failings
(c) Dark spells
(d) Formative periods
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(b) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(c) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(d) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
4. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "fighting his own battles."
(b) He was "choosing peace."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was refusing to become a man.
5. Why does Verrall enter the Burma Military Police?
(a) He has enormous debts to pay.
(b) He needs to escape from a woman.
(c) He has no other training or prospects.
(d) He is running from the law in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory landed in Burma because ________________________________.
2. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
3. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
4. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
5. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)