|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
(a) Spineless cur
(b) Misunderstood genius
(c) Local pariah
(d) Lord of all he surveys
2. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
(a) Dr. Veraswami has refused aid to Flory.
(b) Dr. Veraswami has seized any illegal drug to save his reputation.
(c) U Po Kyin has refused aid to Flory.
(d) U Po Kyin ordered a raid to seize the opium.
3. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Cries upon seeing her
(b) Climbs up on to her lap
(c) Wants her to hold him
(d) Wets himself on the floor
4. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
5. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
(a) he is ready to change for the right woman.
(b) he is not interested in marriage.
(c) he is capable of tenderness and emtional intimacy.
(d) he is only interested in marriage to a wealthy English woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
2. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
3. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
4. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
5. Who are Francis and Samuel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)