|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(a) Fear and resentment
(b) Courage and exhilaration
(c) Guilt and self-loathing
2. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
3. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was refusing to become a man.
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was "sticking by his job."
(d) He was "choosing peace."
4. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) He is busy buying his groceries.
(b) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
(c) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
(d) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
5. What causes the Englishmen to feel envy for Verrall?
(a) Verrall dances with Elizabeth at the Club.
(b) Verrall is destined for a happy marriage.
(c) Verrall is extremely wealthy.
(d) Verrall has a spotless reputation with officers and creditors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
2. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
3. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
4. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
5. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)