|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He hates Burma.
(b) He could not function without his servants.
(c) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
(d) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
2. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Wants her to hold him
(b) Cries upon seeing her
(c) Climbs up on to her lap
(d) Wets himself on the floor
3. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom of religion.
(b) freedom of speech.
(c) freedom of choice.
(d) freedom to marry a native.
4. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(b) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
(c) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
(d) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
5. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
(a) They approach him and he is delighted to speak to them.
(b) Mrs. Lackersteen invites him to dinner.
(c) He notices Elizabeth's beauty from a distance.
(d) They approach him and he cannot escape them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
2. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
4. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
5. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)