|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
(a) accuse him of the crimes mentioned in U Po Kyin's letters.
(b) apologize for signing the notice against him.
(c) inform him they are no longer friends.
(d) apologize for neglecting to introduce him to Elizabeth.
2. The two things Flory becomes as a result of his harassed childhood are _________________________.
(a) a traveller and a salesman.
(b) a friend to the unfortunate.
(c) a liar and a boxer.
(d) a liar and a footballer.
3. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
(a) he always regrets his behavior.
(b) he never suffers serious consequences.
(c) he often apologizes afterward.
(d) he is not to blame for his ignorance of polite social behavior.
4. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(b) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(c) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(d) He wants Flo to have a companion.
5. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Climbs up on to her lap
(b) Wets himself on the floor
(c) Wants her to hold him
(d) Cries upon seeing her
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
2. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
3. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
4. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
5. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)