|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
(a) an envious goddess.
(b) a sick woman creeping out of bed.
(c) a Japanese lantern.
(d) a silver orb.
2. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
(b) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(c) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(d) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
3. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
(a) Elizabeth's boldness in approaching him offends him.
(b) Her beauty finally causes Verrall to socialize with the English.
(c) Her beauty intimidates him and he cannot speak.
(d) Her disdain for Burmese culture infuriates him.
4. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
5. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
(a) for who you know.
(b) for what you own.
(c) for what you are.
(d) for your past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
2. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
3. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
5. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)