|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(b) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(c) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(d) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
2. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(b) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(c) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
(d) His family has disowned him.
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Awkward and timid
(b) Cruel and aggressive
(c) Ungrateful and confrontational
(d) Cowardly and dishonorable
4. Who are Francis and Samuel?
(a) Elizabeth's uncles.
(b) Two English men from the Club.
(c) Flory's servants.
(d) Two Eurasian men Flory has befriended.
5. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
(b) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(c) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
(d) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
2. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
4. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
5. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)