|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does U Po Kyin's plan finally cause Ma Kin to feel?
2. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
(a) Birds are calling in the trees outside his house.
(b) A dog continues to yelp outside his house.
(c) Ma Hla May will not leave him alone.
(d) A dog attacked Flo outside his house.
3. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
(a) Burmese culture
4. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Unfortunate episodes
(b) Formative periods
(c) Dark spells
(d) Moral failings
5. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He wants Flo to have a companion.
(b) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(c) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(d) He feels he deserves the punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orwell states that in India you are not judged for what you do but ___________________.
2. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
3. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
4. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
5. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)