|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
(a) Ellis feels protective of the butler.
(b) Ellis believes Verrall has no right to abuse the Club's butler as he is not a member.
(c) Ellis believes Verrall is part Burman, and therefore should not be admitted to the Club.
(d) Ellis wants Verrall to approve of everyone in the Club.
2. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
(a) He feels he deserves the punishment.
(b) He does not have the nerve to shoot the dog.
(c) He is too drunk to aim properly at the dog.
(d) He wants Flo to have a companion.
3. What causes Verrall to speak to Elizabeth and Mrs. Lackersteen?
(a) They approach him and he is delighted to speak to them.
(b) Mrs. Lackersteen invites him to dinner.
(c) They approach him and he cannot escape them.
(d) He notices Elizabeth's beauty from a distance.
4. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) wants her to return with him to England.
(b) wants her to admire the Burmese.
(c) does not find her attractive.
(d) has a Burmese wife.
5. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
(a) Verrall ignores the invitation.
(b) Verrall declines the invitation.
(c) Verrall comes to the Club with a native friend.
(d) Verrall comes to the Club at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Flory from falling asleep?
2. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
3. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
4. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
5. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)