|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Cruel and aggressive
(b) Ungrateful and confrontational
(c) Cowardly and dishonorable
(d) Awkward and timid
2. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) avoid her aunt and uncle
(b) go hunting together
(c) talk intimately
3. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
(a) someone with whom he can share his life.
(b) someone to fight Ellis.
(c) someone who will overlook his birthmark.
(d) someone to force him to stand up for himself.
4. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
(a) he never suffers serious consequences.
(b) he is not to blame for his ignorance of polite social behavior.
(c) he always regrets his behavior.
(d) he often apologizes afterward.
5. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
(a) he is ready to change for the right woman.
(b) he is only interested in marriage to a wealthy English woman.
(c) he is capable of tenderness and emtional intimacy.
(d) he is not interested in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
2. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
3. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
4. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
5. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)