|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
(a) inform him they are no longer friends.
(b) apologize for signing the notice against him.
(c) accuse him of the crimes mentioned in U Po Kyin's letters.
(d) apologize for neglecting to introduce him to Elizabeth.
2. Orwell claims that the notion of men at the 'outposts of Empire' as able and hardworking is ___________.
3. What does Flory realize when he is forced to return to Burma?
(a) He could not function without his servants.
(b) He hates Burma.
(c) He is now more at home in Burma than in England.
(d) He will not see his Father again before he dies.
4. What is Flory's excuse for evading the war in England?
(a) He was "choosing peace."
(b) He was "fighting his own battles."
(c) He was refusing to become a man.
(d) He was "sticking by his job."
5. Though Flory and Elizabeth are often alone together, they are never able to _________________.
(a) avoid her aunt and uncle
(b) talk intimately
(d) go hunting together
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
2. When Lackersteen invites Verrall to the Club, __________________________.
3. Flory is convinced he is ______________________.
4. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
5. Flory's camp has run out of its opium supply because _________________________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)