|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the indulgent freedoms allowed a pukka sahib, the one freedom denied them is ________________________.
(a) freedom to marry a native.
(b) freedom of religion.
(c) freedom of speech.
(d) freedom of choice.
2. Flory visits Veraswami in order to _______________________________.
(a) accuse him of the crimes mentioned in U Po Kyin's letters.
(b) apologize for neglecting to introduce him to Elizabeth.
(c) inform him they are no longer friends.
(d) apologize for signing the notice against him.
3. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
(a) Unfortunate episodes
(b) Moral failings
(c) Dark spells
(d) Formative periods
4. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
(a) he is capable of tenderness and emtional intimacy.
(b) he is only interested in marriage to a wealthy English woman.
(c) he is ready to change for the right woman.
(d) he is not interested in marriage.
5. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
(a) a Japanese lantern.
(b) a silver orb.
(c) an envious goddess.
(d) a sick woman creeping out of bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
2. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
3. Why does Flory let the distraction remain?
4. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
5. Why is Ellis upset that Verrall has abused the butler?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)