|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the few subjects that Flory and Elizabeth both enjoy discussing together?
(d) Burmese culture
2. What causes the Englishmen to feel envy for Verrall?
(a) Verrall is destined for a happy marriage.
(b) Verrall dances with Elizabeth at the Club.
(c) Verrall has a spotless reputation with officers and creditors.
(d) Verrall is extremely wealthy.
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Cruel and aggressive
(b) Awkward and timid
(c) Cowardly and dishonorable
(d) Ungrateful and confrontational
4. What does Flory mistakenly believe?
(a) That he should bring Elizabeth back to England.
(b) That Elizabeth is afraid of the Burmese.
(c) That Elizabeth will enjoy the bazaar.
(d) That Elizabeth prefers the Club to the bazaar.
5. Why does Verrall enter the Burma Military Police?
(a) He has no other training or prospects.
(b) He needs to escape from a woman.
(c) He is running from the law in England.
(d) He has enormous debts to pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Verrall's attitude toward women suggests __________________________.
2. As Elizabeth and Verrall dance outside, the moon is described as _________________________.
3. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
4. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
5. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)