|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Awkward and timid
(b) Cruel and aggressive
(c) Cowardly and dishonorable
(d) Ungrateful and confrontational
2. Why is Flory not allowed to return to England?
(a) His ship sinks before it reaches Burma.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His firm needs him back in Rangoon.
(d) His firm will fire him if he leaves the country.
3. Elizabeth understands that Flory ________________________.
(a) wants her to admire the Burmese.
(b) wants her to return with him to England.
(c) does not find her attractive.
(d) has a Burmese wife.
4. What "sacrifice" does Mrs. Lackersteen make for Elizabeth?
(a) She gives Elizabeth money to make herself a more appealing catch.
(b) She agrees to stay behind with Elizabeth as Lackersteen returns to the jungle.
(c) She allows Elizabeth to choose for herself between Flory and Verrall.
(d) She offers to find Elizabeth a husband back in England.
5. Who does Flory feel is the entity to blame for his dishonor and futility?
(b) The English
(d) The Burmese Natives
Short Answer Questions
1. More than anything, Flory wishes for _________________________.
2. Many of Flory's early years in Burma were spent ____________________________.
3. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
4. Why is Flory ashamed of himself?
5. What words does Flory use to describe himself?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)