|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flory's conviction to stand by Veraswami cause him to feel?
(a) Fear and resentment
(c) Courage and exhilaration
(d) Guilt and self-loathing
2. What does the Chinese child do that upsets Elizabeth?
(a) Climbs up on to her lap
(b) Cries upon seeing her
(c) Wets himself on the floor
(d) Wants her to hold him
3. How do most of Flory's experiences portray him?
(a) Awkward and timid
(b) Cruel and aggressive
(c) Ungrateful and confrontational
(d) Cowardly and dishonorable
4. Why does Flory not recognize Elizabeth's discomfort at the bazaar?
(a) He is caught up in the noise and the crowd.
(b) He is busy buying his groceries.
(c) He sees her interest in the Burmese people.
(d) Elizabeth refuses to speak to him.
5. Flory signed the notice because ____________________________.
(a) He feels Veraswami should be punished.
(b) He agrees with Ellis after all.
(c) He does not have the courage to refuse.
(d) He does not want natives admitted to the club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Verrall often offends people, ____________________________.
2. How does Orwell describe the ugly periods in Flory's past?
3. Flory's resolve to shoot the dog results in __________________________.
4. Elizabeth now believes she can describe Flory with her deadliest word: ________________.
5. What effect does Elizabeth have on Verrall?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)