1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1925
(b) In England, April of 1925
(c) In Burma, April of 1825
(d) In England, April of 1825
2. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ba Taik
(b) Ma Kin
(c) Ko Ba Sein
(d) U Po Kyin
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Decide court cases
(b) Rise from a chair
(c) Prepare his own food
(d) Acquire merit
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) rotting from within, like old fruit
(b) fat and sagging
(c) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(d) thin and gaunt
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) defeat the weak among his own people.
(b) prove his worth to the white men.
(c) defend the queen.
(d) be a parasite upon them
6. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(read all 180 Multiple Choice Questions and Answers)
This section contains 5,803 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)