1. Where and when does the story take place?
(a) In Burma, April of 1825
(b) In Burma, April of 1925
(c) In England, April of 1825
(d) In England, April of 1925
2. Who is the Subdivisional Magistrate of Kyauktada?
(a) Ko Ba Sein
(b) U Po Kyin
(c) Ma Kin
(d) Ba Taik
3. What is U Po Kyin unable to do without help?
(a) Acquire merit
(b) Prepare his own food
(c) Rise from a chair
(d) Decide court cases
4. U Po Kyin is described as _______________.
(a) thin and gaunt
(b) fat, yet shapely and beautiful
(c) rotting from within, like old fruit
(d) fat and sagging
5. Fighting for the English was U Po Kyin's dream so that he could ______________.
(a) defeat the weak among his own people.
(b) defend the queen.
(c) prove his worth to the white men.
(d) be a parasite upon them
6. U Po Kyin keeps up his reputation as an impartial magistrate by _______________________________.
(a) accepting bribes only from Englishmen.
(b) accepting bribes only from those in whose favor he plans to rule.
(c) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling on behalf of both.
(d) accepting bribes from both sides, then ruling as he sees fit.
This section contains 5,803 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)