Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, all of the following authors were major proponents of ecocriticism except for whom?
2. Peter Barry states that ________ is best understood by seeing it initially in the context of its own origins within feminism in the 1980s.
3. According to Peter Barry, the aim of Marxism was to bring about a ________ society, based on the common ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange.
4. According to the narrator, post-colonial critics would discuss the representation of what country in Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness"?
5. The British critic ________ described cultural materialism as "a politicized form of historiography."
Essay Topic 1
Identify, analyze, and discuss the following quote: "The most basic difference between liberal humanist and structuralist reading is that the structuralist's comments on structure, symbol, and design, become paramount, and are the main focus of the commentary, while the emphasis on any wider moral significance, and indeed on interpretation itself in the broad sense, is very much reduced."
Essay Topic 2
Explain how deconstruction ties into post-structuralism. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Identify, list, and describe the specific functions ecocritics perform in their analysis of literary text.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)