|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, all of the following authors were major proponents of ecocriticism except for whom?
2. Peter Barry states that ________ is best understood by seeing it initially in the context of its own origins within feminism in the 1980s.
3. According to Peter Barry, the aim of Marxism was to bring about a ________ society, based on the common ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange.
4. According to the narrator, post-colonial critics would discuss the representation of what country in Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness"?
5. The British critic ________ described cultural materialism as "a politicized form of historiography."
Essay Topic 1
Identify, discuss, and analyze the history of English studies as foretold by Peter Barry.
Essay Topic 2
In an argumentative essay, state whether you believe stylistics is a theory or a practice.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the "landmarks" in postmodernism as discussed by Peter Barry.
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)