|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term "reification" was used in Karl Marx's major work ________, and it concerned the way, when capitalist goals and questions of profit and loss are paramount, workers are bereft of their full humanity and are though of as "hands" or "the labor force."
2. What was the name of Martin Taylor's poems that Mark Lilly used in his straight-forward essay that surveyed the range of First World War poetry?
3. Peter Barry affirms that Friedrich Engels was a German ________.
4. Which of the following realism terms best illustrates the straight realism which was imposed in the 1930s?
5. According to Marxist literary criticism, what term is best defined as an outlook, values, tacit assumptions, half-realized allegiances, etc. and having a major bearing on what is written by a member of a social class?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what it means to read literature with the perspective of "Orientalism" in mind.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "landmarks" in postmodernism as discussed by Peter Barry.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how deconstruction ties into post-structuralism. Use specific examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)