|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancestry of post-colonial criticism can be traced to Frantz Fanon's ________, published in French in 1961, and voicing what might be called "cultural resistance" to France's African empire.
2. Which of the following term is about "lexical items" (words) which cross the boundaries between sentences, binding them into a single continuous utterance, even though they are grammatically separate sentences?
3. Which of the following two writers were stigmatized as exemplars of "bourgeois decadence"?
4. According to Peter Barry, the term "new historicism" was coined by the ________ critic Stephen Greenblattt.
5. The term "reification" was used in Karl Marx's major work ________, and it concerned the way, when capitalist goals and questions of profit and loss are paramount, workers are bereft of their full humanity and are though of as "hands" or "the labor force."
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the background and history of Marxism theory.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss the ambitions of stylistics as described by Peter Barry.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Peter Barry draws a parallel between gay and lesbian theory.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)