Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, all of the following authors were major proponents of ecocriticism except for whom?
2. Peter Barry states that ________ is best understood by seeing it initially in the context of its own origins within feminism in the 1980s.
3. According to Peter Barry, the aim of Marxism was to bring about a ________ society, based on the common ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange.
4. According to the narrator, post-colonial critics would discuss the representation of what country in Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness"?
5. The British critic ________ described cultural materialism as "a politicized form of historiography."
In an argumentative essay, state whether you believe stylistics is a theory or a practice.
Discuss what it means to read literature with the perspective of "Orientalism" in mind.
Analyze and discuss Peter Barry's instructional approach to literary theory.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)