Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator, all of the following authors were major proponents of ecocriticism except for whom?
2. Peter Barry states that ________ is best understood by seeing it initially in the context of its own origins within feminism in the 1980s.
3. According to Peter Barry, the aim of Marxism was to bring about a ________ society, based on the common ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange.
4. According to the narrator, post-colonial critics would discuss the representation of what country in Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness"?
5. The British critic ________ described cultural materialism as "a politicized form of historiography."
Analyze and discuss the ambitions of stylistics as described by Peter Barry.
Discuss the relevance of Beginning Theory to English literature today.
Identify, analyze, and discuss the significance of the ten principles of liberal humanism that Peter Barry summarizes within the book "Beginning Theory."
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)