|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ecocriticism was a term that was applied to the work previously known as what form of writing?
2. ________ studies the relationship between literature and physical environment.
(c) New criticism.
3. The gist of "Style in Language," edited by ________, is to claim that linguistics offers a more objective way of studying literature, and the book tends to set up "a confrontation of camps" between literary and language studies.
4. ________ focalization is classic narrative called omniscient narration, according to the narrator in the chapter titled "Narratology."
5. According to Peter Barry in the chapter titled "Postcolonial Criticism," Frantz Fanon was a ________ from Martinique.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Greek philosopher identified three elements in a plot, fault or character-defect, recognition, and reversal, which are all incumbent on the hero or heroine?
2. Ecocritics emphasize writers who highlight ________ as their subject matter.
3. The chapter "Narratology" explains that Aristotle offered types of psychic narrative with ________'s plot specifics and ________'s tools to tell the story.
4. Lesbian theory that broke away from feminism and made new allegiances, in particular, with gay men rather than with other women is called "queer theory" or ________.
5. W.B. Yeats was a member of the ________ ruling class in ________, according to the narrator in the chapter titled "Postcolonial Criticism."
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)