|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Post-structuralism and deconstruction.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best fits the definition of a discipline which has always been inherently confident about the possibility of establishing objective knowledge?
2. What does Peter Barry say was the earliest work of theory written by Aristotle?
(b) Generation of Animals.
3. ________ was probably the most influential figure in twentieth-century British criticism according to author Peter Barry.
(a) Patrick Tilley.
(b) F.R. Leavis.
(c) Edward Jablonski.
(d) Douglas Adams.
4. In the chapter titled Structuralism, the narrator explains that ________ applied the structuralism method to the general field of modern culture.
(a) Isaac Newton.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Roland Barthes.
(d) Friedrich Nietzsche.
5. What does Peter Barry say is the topic of the book Beginning Theory?
(a) Modern theory.
(b) Historical theory.
(c) Literary theory.
(d) English studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Introduction states that another name for traditional literary criticism is ________.
2. According to the chapter titled Structuralism, what is another term for "alba," the poetic form dating from the twelfth century in which lovers lament the approach of daybreak?
3. ________ is defined as a discipline which has always tended to emphasize the difficulty of achieving secure knowledge about things.
4. The narrator informs the reader that in the early 1980s, two new forms of political/historical criticism emerged, new historicism from ________ and cultural materialism from ________.
5. According to the chapter titled Post-Structuralism and Deconstruction, structuralism derives ultimately from ________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)