|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
2. How does Adrian feel when Lindy tells him about her crush on Kyle?
3. What does Linda want to do this winter?
4. Where do they go for the winter?
5. What does Adrian see when he calls to Linda in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Adrian feel about the revelation that Linda has a crush on Kyle?
2. What does Adrian see in the mirror on his last day to break the curse?
3. In the prelude to Part 6, how are the members of the chat room faring?
4. What happens when Linda falls asleep on the couch?
5. How does Adrian spend his time after changing his name?
6. How does Adrian react when he finds that Linda will be joining the tutoring sessions?
7. How does Kendra respond to Kyle's attempt to see Angelbaby1023 in the magic mirror?
8. Why does Kyle take the subway?
9. How does Adrian cope with Linda's absence?
10. Why is Adrian reluctant to show Linda the fifth floor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define Elitism. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of elitism? In what ways do these characters show this trait?
Essay Topic 2
After moving into the Brownstone, Kyle's attitude begins to change for the better. Is this change linked to the physical change Kyle has suffered recently? What other factors might contribute to his change of heart.
Essay Topic 3
Define foreshadowing. How does the author use foreshadowing in this story? What does this foreshadowing accomplish?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)