|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they go for the winter?
2. A year after he is cursed, how does Kyle/Adrian feel about it?
3. How does Will feel about Linda's father when they arrive?
4. Why does Linda stay with Adrian?
5. How do people react to Adrian in the subway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adrian take in return for not killing the drug addict burglar?
2. Why does the mirror show Adrian Kendra?
3. What happens when the curse is broken?
4. What happens when Linda falls asleep on the couch?
5. What would truly make Linda happy?
6. How does Will feel about Adrian's plan to keep Linda?
7. Why was Magda banished and banned from practicing magic?
8. How does Adrian spend his time after changing his name?
9. What does Adrian see in the mirror on his last day to break the curse?
10. Why does Kyle change his name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Kyle's belief that his father's wealth is the solution to all of his problems. What has caused this belief? Is it valid? Give examples from the story to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss stereotypes. What stereotypes are evident in this story? What is the importance of these stereotypes?
Essay Topic 3
Define vanity. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of vanity? If any, which characters show this trait, and how? What are the effects of this vanity?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)