|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adrian accept Linda in return for her father's life?
2. What happens to Grizzlyguy in the prelude to Part 5?
3. How does Linda feel about her time with Adrian?
4. Why is Kendra afraid to grant wishes?
5. What did Magda do before she came to the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Magda banished and banned from practicing magic?
2. What does Kendra tell Adrian about her powers to grant wishes?
3. How does Adrian cope with Linda's absence?
4. Why is Adrian reluctant to show Linda the fifth floor?
5. Why does Kyle change his name?
6. Why does Kyle take the subway?
7. What does Adrian take in return for not killing the drug addict burglar?
8. What does Adrian see in the mirror on his last day to break the curse?
9. Why does the mirror show Adrian Kendra?
10. What advice does Will give Adrian when Linda refuses to come out of her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Kyle choose the subway as his route through the city? How do people react to Kyle in the subway? How does Kyle feel about this?
Essay Topic 2
Define vanity. Do any of the characters in this story show signs of vanity? If any, which characters show this trait, and how? What are the effects of this vanity?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Dr. Endecott feel that Kyle should learn to accept who he is now? How does he expect Kyle to do so?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)