|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
(a) Kyle's wealth.
(b) Kyle's looks.
(c) Kyle's personality.
(d) Kyle's social status.
2. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is rendered blind.
(b) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(c) Kyle is rendered mute.
(d) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
3. What did Kyle's father tell the tutor about Kyle?
(a) That he was blind.
(b) That he was a beast.
(c) That he was an invalid.
(d) That he was lonely.
4. How does Kyle feel about the homecoming ceremony?
(a) He takes it very seriously and plans to be king.
(b) He thinks it is elitist and shallow.
(c) He thinks it is silly.
(d) He doesn't care one way or the other.
5. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(b) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
(c) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
(d) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kyle combat his boredom?
2. What one nice thing did Kyle do?
3. Who is Dr. Endecott?
4. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
5. Why does Sloane agree to keep Kyle's secret?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Magda move with Kyle?
2. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
3. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
4. How does Kendra feel about Homecoming?
5. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
6. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
7. How does Kyle react to Dr. Endecott's words?
8. What was Kyle thinking when he gave the ticket girl the rose?
9. What is the purpose of the chat room?
10. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)