|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kendra react to Kyle's news that he has been completely alone for months?
(a) She tells him that it is just what he deserved.
(b) She feels a little guilty, and agrees to try to help him find the girl to break his spell.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She feels a little guilty, and agrees to remove the spell.
2. What are to be Will's living arrangements?
(a) He will live in the country.
(b) He will have an apartment nearby.
(c) He will stay with Kyle and Magda.
(d) He will live at home.
3. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
(b) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(c) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(d) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
4. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(b) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
(c) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
(d) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
5. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(b) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(c) Kyle is rendered blind.
(d) Kyle is rendered mute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of the conditions for being Kyle's tutor?
2. Why does Kyle give the rose away?
3. Why does Kyle think that he was unable to break his spell with Sloane?
4. Where does Linda run to avoid her father?
5. Which of the following best describes Kyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kendra in Kyle's room?
2. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
3. How does Kyle see himself?
4. Why is Kyle uncomfortable about Kendra's public displays of affection at school?
5. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
6. How does Sloane react to the curse?
7. What happens when Kyle stands up Kendra?
8. How does Kendra feel about Homecoming?
9. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
10. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)