|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Kyle and Sloane come back and find Kendra outside?
(a) Sloane and Kendra fight over Kyle.
(b) Kendra and Kyle kiss in front of Sloane, and everyone laughs at Sloane.
(c) They kiss in front of Kendra, and everyone laughs at Kendra.
(d) Sloane and Kendra both become angry at Kyle for playing them.
2. What does Dr. Endecott tell Kyle about his condition?
(a) The curse has changed Kyle's skin cells, and there is no way to change it back.
(b) He tells Kyle that the procedure is complicated, but not impossible.
(c) He should be happy about his new found strength and speed.
(d) He envies Kyle's raw beastly power, as good looks aren't really worth anything.
3. What does Kyle decide to do with Kendra's mirror?
(a) He decides to give it back.
(b) He decides to use it to see the girl that will love him.
(c) He decides to throw it away.
(d) He decides to break it.
4. Which of the following was not one of the conditions for being Kyle's tutor?
(a) He must live with Kyle.
(b) He must write a book.
(c) He must not ask who hired him.
(d) He can not write a book.
5. How does Kyle respond to SilentMaid's plan?
(a) He says that he will love her as she is, if she can do the same for him.
(b) He says that she is sweet.
(c) He says that she is crazy.
(d) He says that she is brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kyle's dad feel about his plan?
2. What is the point of view of this story?
3. Who becomes Kyle's tutor?
4. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
5. What does Kyle do with the rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
2. What were the conditions for Will to tutor Kyle?
3. Why is Kyle uncomfortable about Kendra's public displays of affection at school?
4. In PE, how does Kyle feel about what Kendra said to him?
5. Why does Will want Kyle to work in the rose garden?
6. What does Kendra tell Kyle when he sees her in the mirror the first time?
7. How does Kyle react to finding a white rose in place of Sloane's orchid?
8. How does Kyle see himself?
9. What does Kyle want in return for keeping his silence about his transformation?
10. What was Kyle thinking when he gave the ticket girl the rose?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)