|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kendra allow Kyle a chance to redeem himself?
(a) She doesn't mean to.
(b) She sees that he did one nice thing.
(c) She knows that it would be wrong to curse someone without a way out.
(d) The nature of magic forces her hand.
2. Which of the following is not an example of a curse found on Kyle's chat room?
(a) A woman turned into a man.
(b) A prince turned into a frog.
(c) A man turned into a bear.
(d) A mermaid turned into a girl.
3. How does Kyle see his girlfriend?
(a) The most beautiful woman in the world.
(b) A bottle blonde who is not very bright.
(c) Not much to look at, but at least she is smart and funny.
(d) Pretty, but not as pretty as himself.
4. What does Kyle find when he goes to get Sloane's orchid?
(a) A single white rose.
(b) An orchid.
(d) An IOU note.
5. How does Dr. Endecott try to relate to Kyle?
(a) By talking about his bad acne.
(b) By telling Kyle the story of Beauty and the Beast.
(c) By admitting that he once was a beast as well.
(d) He doesn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not contribute to Kyle's popularity?
2. Where does Kyle send Magda when she arrives at his apartment?
3. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
4. Who is Kendra?
5. What is the point of view of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Magda feel about Kyle's apology?
2. Where does Kyle move?
3. What does Kyle want in return for keeping his silence about his transformation?
4. Explain Kyle's social status at school.
5. What is different about Doctor Endecott?
6. What happens when Kyle stands up Kendra?
7. How long will Kyle remain a beast?
8. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
9. What is the purpose of the hand mirror?
10. What does Kendra tell Kyle when he sees her in the mirror the first time?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)