|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kendra's spell?
(a) Kyle is rendered blind.
(b) Kyle is transformed into a hideous beast with claws and fangs.
(c) Kyle is transformed into an Afghan Hound.
(d) Kyle is rendered mute.
2. What does Kyle do that utterly surprises Magda?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He breaks down in tears.
(c) He apologizes for the way he has treated her.
(d) He tells her that he loves her.
3. Why do Kendra's words upset Kyle so badly?
(a) They make him look bad to his friends.
(b) They make him insecure about himself.
(c) They were supposed to be secret.
(d) They are lies.
4. How does Kendra react to Kyle asking her out?
(a) She accepts, and immediately seems to fall in love with him.
(b) She turns him down, calling him a sexist pig.
(c) She tells him that she knows what he is planning, and that it won't work.
(d) She accepts, but seems to have an agenda of her own.
5. How does Kendra acknowledge Kyle's only kind act?
(a) She agrees to date him now that he is ugly too.
(b) She gives him two years to find his true love and reverse the spell.
(c) She gives him a single white rose to remind him of real beauty.
(d) She only makes him remain a beast for two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Endecott?
2. Beastly is a modern retelling of what classic fairy tale?
3. Where does Kyle find Linda?
4. What does Kyle tell Kendra about her opinion of the homecoming ceremony?
5. What does the gardener say to Kyle about the flower mix up?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the story, what characters don't get their happily ever after?
2. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
3. How does Sloane react to the curse?
4. Why does Kyle change his name?
5. What is the purpose of the chat room?
6. How does Kyle's father feel about his plan to embarrass Kendra?
7. How does Adrian spend his time after changing his name?
8. How does Kyle react to finding a white rose in place of Sloane's orchid?
9. How does Kyle react to Dr. Endecott's words?
10. Why does Kyle take the subway?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)