|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Adrian kiss Linda after taking her back to her bedroom?
(a) He knows it will upset her.
(b) He doesn't want her to know that he likes her.
(c) He does not like her.
(d) He is ashamed of the way he has treated her.
2. What do Linda and Adrian do after the thunder wakes them up?
(a) They go back to sleep.
(b) They go outside to watch the rain.
(c) They make out.
(d) They watch TV and talk.
3. Why does Adrian want to get a head start on their tutoring session?
(a) He wants to skip ahead.
(b) He is having trouble keeping up with the pace of the lesson.
(c) He wants to impress Linda.
(d) He has other plans for their scheduled class time.
4. What did Magda do before she came to the United States?
(a) She was a farmer.
(b) She was a dancer.
(c) She was unemployed.
(d) She was a teacher.
5. What does Linda say to Adrian when she wakes up in his arms?
(a) She trusts him.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She wants to leave.
(d) She loves him.
6. What does Linda say to Adrian when he leaves her in her bed?
(a) She tells him his voice sounds familiar.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) She tells him to stay.
(d) She tells him good night.
7. How does Adrian feel when Lindy tells him about her crush on Kyle?
(a) He feels upset that she liked the old him for his looks but can't love him as he is now.
(b) He is angry that she didn't tell him the night he gave her the rose.
(c) He is worried that she would prefer him the way he was before.
(d) He is glad that she liked him, as it gives him a better chance of getting her to love him now.
8. What does the rose symbolize in Shakespeare's sonnets?
9. What happens when the mugger tries to tell the reporters that there was a beast that attacked him?
(a) Linda claims to have been the beast.
(b) Adrian and Linda make a joke about the guy being drugged up and everyone laughs it off.
(c) Adrian admits that he was the beast, but that the curse is now lifted.
(d) Adrian and Linda deny ever seeing the mugger, and say that he must be crazy.
10. Why does Kyle refuse to face Magda at dinner?
(a) He is embarrassed about the roses.
(b) He is angry at her for suggesting the garden.
(c) He is embarrassed because he is falling in love with her.
(d) He does not want to have to look at a servant while he eats.
11. Why does Adrian accept Linda in return for her father's life?
(a) He would rather eat the tender young girl than her drug addict father.
(b) He is already rich and doesn't do drugs, so he has no need of the other options.
(c) He knows that Linda is in love with him.
(d) He hopes it will help her and break his curse.
12. What choice is Linda given?
(a) She can stay or go, but if she goes, Will will turn in her father's break in tape and have him arrested.
(b) She can either love Adrian or not, but she must stay.
(c) She can either stay or go, but if she stays Will will turn her father's break in tape in and have him arrested.
(d) She can either give her father's drugs back or not.
13. What does Adrian see when he calls to Linda in the mirror?
(a) She is back at Tuttle.
(b) She has run away.
(c) She is being kidnapped by a mugger.
(d) She is back home with her father.
14. What would make Linda happy enough to stay forever?
(a) Marrying Adrian.
(b) Being allowed to come and go as she pleases.
(c) Seeing her father happy.
(d) Adrian changing back into a human.
15. What does Linda's father not offer Kyle in return for his life?
(d) A cure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adrian feel about Lindy being gone so long?
2. What does Linda do with the green dress?
3. How does Linda react to Adrian's appearance when she does come out?
4. Who was Ida Dunleavy?
5. What does Linda do after Adrian is shot?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)