|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Magda feel about Adrian's dedication to the rose garden?
(a) She is sad that he is not spending more time with her.
(b) She is glad that he has something to keep him busy.
(c) She is jealous that he is a better gardener than she is.
(d) She is worried that he is giving up on himself too early.
2. Why does Adrian accept Linda in return for her father's life?
(a) He would rather eat the tender young girl than her drug addict father.
(b) He is already rich and doesn't do drugs, so he has no need of the other options.
(c) He knows that Linda is in love with him.
(d) He hopes it will help her and break his curse.
3. What does the rose symbolize in Shakespeare's sonnets?
4. What is Sloane doing at the party?
(a) Making out with an older boy.
(b) Waiting for Kyle.
(d) Making out with Trey.
5. What does Linda think about her new room?
(a) She does not like it.
(b) She is impressed with it.
(c) She thinks that it is ugly.
(d) She is sad because it reminds her of the library.
6. Why does Kyle change his name to Adrian?
(a) He never really liked his name to start with.
(b) He feels that he needs to start over.
(c) He thinks it sounds better.
(d) It means "Dark one", while Kyle means "Hansom".
7. What does Linda say to Adrian when she wakes up in his arms?
(a) She wants to leave.
(b) She trusts him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is afraid of him.
8. How does Will feel about Linda's father when they arrive?
(a) He decides that her father might improve.
(b) He decides that her father is just as bad as Adrian said.
(c) He decides that he seems like a decent guy.
(d) He decides that her father is bad, but surely not as bad as Adrian made him sound.
9. Whose idea was the garden?
10. What does Trey call Kyle at Gin Elliot's party?
(a) A liar.
(b) A putz.
(c) An ass.
(d) A pretty boy.
11. Who comes up with a plan to help Adrian make Linda happy?
(a) His father.
12. What advice does Will give Adrian about Linda?
(a) To give her her space and let her see that she does have choices.
(b) To keep trying to get her to come out.
(c) To knock the door down and make her come out.
(d) To give her until the end of the week to come to accept her new place.
13. Who breaks into Kyle's greenhouse, destroying the roses?
(a) Kyle's father.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) The police.
(d) Linda's drug addict father.
14. What happens at the Halloween party?
(a) Adrian finds his true love, and they kiss.
(b) Adrian accidentally breaks a girl's arm.
(c) Adrian decides not to go in.
(d) Adrian fights Trey.
15. How does Will feel about Adrian's plan?
(a) He thinks it's a great idea.
(b) He thinks it's dumb.
(c) He is angry about it.
(d) He isn't sure it will work, but agrees anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Linda feel about her time with Adrian?
2. What does Adrian do when Linda falls asleep?
3. What book does Will suggest that Kyle read?
4. What do Will and Kyle plant in the garden?
5. How does Linda feel about her time with Adrian?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)