|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda say that she did with the rose Kyle gave her?
(a) She pressed it between the pages of a book.
(b) She planted it.
(c) She ate it.
(d) She threw it away.
2. What does Linda do when Adrian tells her she is beautiful?
(a) She blushes and thanks him.
(b) She becomes embarrassed and leaves.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She tells him that he must never have seen a really beautiful woman before.
3. What does Adrian see when he calls to Linda in the mirror?
(a) She is back at Tuttle.
(b) She is being kidnapped by a mugger.
(c) She has run away.
(d) She is back home with her father.
4. How does Will feel about Linda's father when they arrive?
(a) He decides that her father might improve.
(b) He decides that her father is just as bad as Adrian said.
(c) He decides that he seems like a decent guy.
(d) He decides that her father is bad, but surely not as bad as Adrian made him sound.
5. What do they discuss during tutoring on Linda's first day?
6. What does the rose symbolize in Shakespeare's sonnets?
7. What do Linda and Adrian do after the thunder wakes them up?
(a) They make out.
(b) They go outside to watch the rain.
(c) They watch TV and talk.
(d) They go back to sleep.
8. What book does Will suggest that Kyle read?
(a) Vampire Academy.
(b) Beauty and the Beast.
(c) The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
(d) Wicked Lovely.
9. How do people react to Adrian in the subway?
(a) They accept him for who he is.
(b) They run from him.
(c) They ignore him.
(d) They are afraid of him and try to push him onto the tracks.
10. What does Adrian decide to do about Linda?
(a) He doesn't love her so he will let her go.
(b) He loves her and will tell her the truth.
(c) He loves her and will let her go.
(d) He will leave her so that she can't figure out who he really is.
11. Why doesn't Adrian kiss Linda after taking her back to her bedroom?
(a) He does not like her.
(b) He doesn't want her to know that he likes her.
(c) He is ashamed of the way he has treated her.
(d) He knows it will upset her.
12. What choice is Linda given?
(a) She can either give her father's drugs back or not.
(b) She can either love Adrian or not, but she must stay.
(c) She can stay or go, but if she goes, Will will turn in her father's break in tape and have him arrested.
(d) She can either stay or go, but if she stays Will will turn her father's break in tape in and have him arrested.
13. What did Magda do before she came to the United States?
(a) She was a teacher.
(b) She was a dancer.
(c) She was unemployed.
(d) She was a farmer.
14. Who breaks into Kyle's greenhouse, destroying the roses?
(a) Kyle's father.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) Linda's drug addict father.
(d) The police.
15. Who does Adrian meet at the Halloween party?
(a) Bronwen Kreps.
(b) Linda Owens.
(d) Ida Dunleavy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Will and Kyle plant in the garden?
2. Why will Linda not come out of her room?
3. Why does Kyle change his name to Adrian?
4. What storybook character does Kyle begin to feel a special bond to?
5. How does Will feel about Adrian's plan?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)