Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
2. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
3. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
5. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
Throughout the book, Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women, Faludi highlights research studies and books that use flawed data collection, methods of analysis, or interpretations. Three of such studies were the Harvard-Yale marriage study, the work of Dr. Srully Blotnick, and Lenore Weitzman's 1985 book, The Divorce Revolution. Describe the role each of these works played in subverting the fight for women's rights. Highlight two or three examples from each of the three publications.
In the Epilogue, Faludi makes the statement that men see more clearly than women how women united could change government and society and that the backlash propaganda is a purposeful overreaction precisely because men "got it." What does she mean by this statement? Use three - five issues from the book to show how men "got it" much more than women and how the men mobilized to create a backlash around these issues.
The feminist movement in America is commonly cited as being strongest in the 1960s and 1970s. Do you agree with this assertion? Why or Why not? How do you believe the movement has affected our society? How are we different and similar to other cultures that have not had similar movements? What do you see as the biggest benefit provided to our society due to the feminist movement? What is the biggest harm inflicted on our society due to this movement?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)