|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
2. According to Toni Grant, self-assertion for women is abnormal and relinquishing control is naturally feminine. Therefore, when women attempt to control their own destiny they are in fact showing that they are _____________.
3. Sylvia Ann Hewlett worked at which university?
4. What is the message of chapter 11, "The Backlash Brain Trust: From Neocons to Neofems"?
5. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faludi writes that Murphy Brown and Roseanne are two characters who are attacked by the backlash. Is this an accurate accusation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the entertainment industry and its executives sway public opinion and how they are in turn swayed by public opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout her book, Faludi presents backlash supporters who bash the feminist movement while enjoying its benefits. She seems to make the issue black or white asserting that if a person does not support the movement entirely, then he/she is a hypocrite for taking actions that could be supported by feminists. Is this an appropriate position for Faludi to take? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)