|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
2. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
3. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
4. Which author uses fairy tales to generalize about men and women without offending anyone?
5. Faludi claims that the requirement of parental consent results in which of the following statistics?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the trend of "fetal protection" and why it is practiced by such a wide cross section of companies, doctors, lawyers, and court systems. Does it have implications for men and non-child-bearing women? If so, how? What are the implications of this trend on society as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the gender disparity in the women's clothing industry. Why are men the majority of the well-known designers? In addition, why are women less likely to be in this field?
Essay Topic 3
Working Woman and Good Housekeeping are two women's magazines that have played a role in the fight for women's rights. Summarize the position taken by each magazine in regards to the feminist movement. Summaries should first present the magazine's position across the decades from the 1950s to the present and then deal with the position of the magazine in general. How do you believe their positions have affected the feminist movement?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)