Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
2. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
3. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
5. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women, Faludi highlights research studies and books that use flawed data collection, methods of analysis, or interpretations. Three of such studies were the Harvard-Yale marriage study, the work of Dr. Srully Blotnick, and Lenore Weitzman's 1985 book, The Divorce Revolution. Describe the role each of these works played in subverting the fight for women's rights. Highlight two or three examples from each of the three publications.
Essay Topic 2
Identify three to four ways in which the feminist movement can be used to improve the circumstances of women, men, and families in our society.
Essay Topic 3
The movie Fatal Attraction is used in Chapter 5 to highlight how the backlash is served by Hollywood. Analyze five points made by Faludi to support her perspective and discuss why they are valid or invalid.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)