|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
2. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
3. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
4. The antiabortion message is championed by which of the following teams?
5. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
Essay Topic 1
Faludi writes that Murphy Brown and Roseanne are two characters who are attacked by the backlash. Is this an accurate accusation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The movie Fatal Attraction is used in Chapter 5 to highlight how the backlash is served by Hollywood. Analyze five points made by Faludi to support her perspective and discuss why they are valid or invalid.
Essay Topic 3
Identify three to four ways in which the feminist movement can be used to improve the circumstances of women, men, and families in our society.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)