Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
2. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
3. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
5. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
Throughout her book, Faludi presents backlash supporters who bash the feminist movement while enjoying its benefits. She seems to make the issue black or white asserting that if a person does not support the movement entirely, then he/she is a hypocrite for taking actions that could be supported by feminists. Is this an appropriate position for Faludi to take? Why or why not?
The feminist movement in America is commonly cited as being strongest in the 1960s and 1970s. Do you agree with this assertion? Why or Why not? How do you believe the movement has affected our society? How are we different and similar to other cultures that have not had similar movements? What do you see as the biggest benefit provided to our society due to the feminist movement? What is the biggest harm inflicted on our society due to this movement?
According to Faludi, daycare centers became a point of attack for backlash advocates. Discuss why this was an important issue in the fight against the feminist movement. How is this issue handled in today's society? Put yourself in the shoes of a working mother; how do you feel about choosing to place your child(ren) in a daycare setting and why do you feel this way?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)