|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
(a) Until women's rights becomes an issue in the mid nineteenth century.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Since colonial times.
(d) And is supported by a majority of women.
2. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
(a) Educational opportunity.
(b) Health care.
(c) Reproductive freedom.
(d) Equal pay.
3. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
(a) Michael Levin and Warren Farrell.
(b) George Gilder and Allan Bloom.
(c) Robert Bly and Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
(d) All these individuals are married.
4. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
(a) The decision to provide fathers with a strategy to protect their unborn children.
(b) To reduce the number of US individuals addicted to drugs.
(c) An attempt to humanize the fetus and neutralize the mother.
(d) The policy of allowing mothers to take precedence over the fetus.
5. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
(a) Being too old.
(b) Being insufficiently deferential to men.
(c) Being too unattractive.
(d) All of the Above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
2. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
3. Faludi asserts that the 1980s and early 90s legal attacks against pregnant mothers could not be motivated by a desire to protect fetuses because at the same time which of the following policies was in place?
4. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
5. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)