|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
(a) Toni Grant.
(b) Teresa Bernardez.
(c) Robin Norwood.
(d) Karen Horney.
2. Medical journals define codependency as individuals doing which of the following?
(a) Being unable to live without each other.
(b) Choosing to live with more than one adult partner.
(c) Selecting dysfunctional life partners.
(d) Ending unfulfilling relationships.
3. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
(a) She finds that her recovery by marrying the "right" man is short-lived.
(b) She is unable to command large crowds at events.
(c) She claims that she is unable to escape the feminist movement.
(d) She realizes she is unable to have a baby.
4. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The Second Stage.
(c) In a Different Voice.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
5. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
(a) Being too unattractive.
(b) All of the Above.
(c) Being too old.
(d) Being insufficiently deferential to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
2. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
3. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
4. Faludi asserts that the 1980s and early 90s legal attacks against pregnant mothers could not be motivated by a desire to protect fetuses because at the same time which of the following policies was in place?
5. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Chronicle the life of Connaught ("Connie") Marshner after she leaves college.
2. Faludi writes that many fundamentalist preachers fear feminism because it threatens their status. Identify and explain the reasons she gives for this fear.
3. Discuss the history of the term masochism and how it has been used to label women. Explain how the American Psychiatric Association considers adding this term to its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in 1985.
4. Highlight the 1980s battle against abortion and women's rights to control their reproductive rights.
5. Briefly chronicle George Gilder's career in the feminist movement.
6. Summarize the case of Angela Carder.
7. Discuss at least two of the implications of the fetal protection movement.
8. Why is it an important fight for the women to challenge the use of the word masochism in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM))?
9. How does Sylvia Ann Hewlett attack and affect the ERA?
10. Author and radio show host Toni Grant provides advice to help women be happy, overcome the obstacles of feminism, and get married. Highlight how her relationship advice contrasts with her real life relationships.
This section contains 2,027 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)