|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
(a) Being too old.
(b) Being too unattractive.
(c) All of the Above.
(d) Being insufficiently deferential to men.
2. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
(a) Sexual Personae.
(b) In a Different Voice.
(c) Ms. Still.
(d) Sex and Destiny.
3. Who was the author of the book, Closed: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion?
(a) Joseph Scheidler.
(b) John Willke.
(c) Randall Terry.
(d) Emmet Sullivan.
4. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
(a) She claims that she is unable to escape the feminist movement.
(b) She is unable to command large crowds at events.
(c) She finds that her recovery by marrying the "right" man is short-lived.
(d) She realizes she is unable to have a baby.
5. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
(b) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(c) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
(d) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
Short Answer Questions
1. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
2. What is the message of chapter 11, "The Backlash Brain Trust: From Neocons to Neofems"?
3. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
4. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
5. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Author and radio show host Toni Grant provides advice to help women be happy, overcome the obstacles of feminism, and get married. Highlight how her relationship advice contrasts with her real life relationships.
2. Highlight Chapter 13's presentation of the prominent battle between NBC, ABC, and the women who choose to stand up to their policies?
3. Highlight the 1980s battle against abortion and women's rights to control their reproductive rights.
4. Faludi writes that many fundamentalist preachers fear feminism because it threatens their status. Identify and explain the reasons she gives for this fear.
5. Identify two of the books listed in this chapter that focus on women getting married. Explain why the focus of these books is not helpful to women.
6. Recount the backlash's efforts to eliminate the effectiveness of the Women's Educational Equity Act.
7. Discuss the history of the term masochism and how it has been used to label women. Explain how the American Psychiatric Association considers adding this term to its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in 1985.
8. Chronicle the life of Connaught ("Connie") Marshner after she leaves college.
9. Summarize the case of Angela Carder.
10. How does Sylvia Ann Hewlett attack and affect the ERA?
This section contains 2,135 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)