|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
(c) Undocumented but noteworthy.
2. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(b) Faith Whittlesey.
(c) Leslie Wolfe.
(d) Charlene Heatherly.
3. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) Concerned Women for America.
(b) Women's Agenda Conference.
(c) National Organization for Women.
(d) Eagle Forum.
4. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
(a) Acid test of manhood, devolve into brutes.
(b) Greatest gift to men and women, resent the women who will not marry.
(c) Death of the American male, enjoy greater freedom.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. According to Faludi, surveys show which of the following types of women ranking highest in mental health?
Short Answer Questions
1. The antiabortion message is championed by which of the following teams?
2. If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? (1988) was written by which of the following authors?
3. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
4. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
5. Which of the following claims to be the "media's number one psychologist," broadcasting live, nationwide, from Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Provide a chronological discussion of how women and feminists battle against the American Psychiatric Association as it considers adding the term masochism to its Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) in 1985.
2. In their advice manuals, Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave, Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan provide advice that is harmful to women. Give some examples of this advice and why it is harmful to women?
3. Summarize the case of Angela Carder.
4. According to Faludi, why are men like John Willke and Randall Terry engaged in the fight against abortion.
5. Why is it an important fight for the women to challenge the use of the word masochism in Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM))?
6. Chronicle the life of Connaught ("Connie") Marshner after she leaves college.
7. The media is highlighted as a field in which women see some of the worst progress. What evidence does Faludi use to support her claim?
8. How does Sylvia Ann Hewlett attack and affect the ERA?
9. Briefly chronicle George Gilder's career in the feminist movement.
10. Describe the ways in which Poet Robert Bly affects the feminist movement.
This section contains 2,133 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)