Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
(a) Smaller household sizes among the middle class.
(b) The creation of a "feminist party."
(c) Political indifference by women.
(d) The decline of morality in society.
2. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Financial ruin.
3. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
(a) Acid test of manhood, devolve into brutes.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Greatest gift to men and women, resent the women who will not marry.
(d) Death of the American male, enjoy greater freedom.
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) <i>Wealth and Poverty.</i>
(b) <i>Ripon Forum.</i>
(c) <i>The Closing of the American Mind.</i>
(d) <i>Feminism and Freedom.</i>
5. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
(a) Until women's rights becomes an issue in the mid nineteenth century.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Since colonial times.
(d) And is supported by a majority of women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
2. Faludi asserts that the 1980s and early 90s legal attacks against pregnant mothers could not be motivated by a desire to protect fetuses because at the same time which of the following policies was in place?
3. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
4. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
5. This author dismisses a young woman's objection about women's role in gathering supplies.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)