|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
(c) An expanding minimum-wage economy.
2. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
(a) Acid test of manhood, devolve into brutes.
(b) Greatest gift to men and women, resent the women who will not marry.
(c) Death of the American male, enjoy greater freedom.
(d) All answers are correct.
3. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
(a) Being too old.
(b) All of the Above.
(c) Being too unattractive.
(d) Being insufficiently deferential to men.
4. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
(a) She is unable to command large crowds at events.
(b) She finds that her recovery by marrying the "right" man is short-lived.
(c) She claims that she is unable to escape the feminist movement.
(d) She realizes she is unable to have a baby.
5. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) <i>Feminism and Freedom.</i>
(b) <i>Wealth and Poverty.</i>
(c) <i>Ripon Forum.</i>
(d) <i>The Closing of the American Mind.</i>
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
2. To gain support for the anti-abortion backlash, the media frame the struggle as:
3. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
4. Which author uses fairy tales to generalize about men and women without offending anyone?
5. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)