|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The co-directors of which of the following organizations declare themselves "the psychological arm of the women's movement"?
(a) American Psychosis Association.
(b) American Psychiatric Association.
(c) American Psychological Association.
(d) National Self-Help Clearinghouse.
2. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(b) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
(c) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
(d) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
3. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
(a) In a Different Voice.
(b) Sex and Destiny.
(c) Ms. Still.
(d) Sexual Personae.
4. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Postpone careers until children are grown.
(b) Stop trying to make men change.
(c) Strive to be self-fulfilled.
(d) Learn to compromise.
5. Which researcher finds no statistically significant difference in how the sexes reason morally in nineteen Kohlberg studies?
(a) Carol Gilligan.
(b) Lawrence Walker.
(c) Susan Brownmiller.
(d) Zella Luria.
6. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(b) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(c) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
(d) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
7. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Faith Whittlesey.
(b) Charlene Heatherly.
(c) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(d) Leslie Wolfe.
8. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) <i>Feminism and Freedom.</i>
(b) <i>Wealth and Poverty.</i>
(c) <i>Ripon Forum.</i>
(d) <i>The Closing of the American Mind.</i>
9. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
(c) Undocumented but noteworthy.
10. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The Iliad.
(b) Viking Power.
(c) The Odyssey.
11. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
(a) The decline of morality in society.
(b) Political indifference by women.
(c) The creation of a "feminist party."
(d) Smaller household sizes among the middle class.
12. Faludi asserts that the 1980s and early 90s legal attacks against pregnant mothers could not be motivated by a desire to protect fetuses because at the same time which of the following policies was in place?
(a) While mothers are prosecuted for refusing doctor's orders, poor mothers are not provided with the services they need to protect the health of their children.
(b) It is the lack of insurance and treatments, not drug addictions, that results in the widening gap between black and white fetal mortality rates.
(c) Doctors refuse treatment to mothers who are poor or are on Medicare.
(d) All answers are correct.
13. If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? (1988) was written by which of the following authors?
(a) Susan Price.
(b) Toni Grant.
(c) Robin Norwood.
(d) Susan Page.
14. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Free Congress Foundation.
(b) Young Americans for Freedom.
(c) Moral Majority.
(d) Heritage Foundation.
15. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
(a) Male bashing.
(b) Undergraduate education.
(c) Popular psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
2. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
3. What is Carol Gilligan's criticism of Lawrence Kohlberg's six-stage ladder?
4. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes <i>The Spirit-Controlled Woman</i>, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
5. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)