|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Price's use all of the following accommodations to a feminist lifestyle except which of the following?
(a) Susan does not want to be a homemaker, over Stephen's objections.
(b) They use babysitters and nursery schools and Susan is content.
(c) Susan does not complete her professional studies to become a therapist.
(d) Susan puts Stephen through graduate school.
2. Feminists outflank the antiabortion "warriors" at which of the following Sacramento family-planning clinics?
(a) Operation Rescue.
(b) Operation salvation.
(c) Operation clinic.
(d) Operation Hope.
3. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
(a) To require a husband's consent prior to an abortion.
(b) To block federal funding of abortions.
(c) To end legalized abortion.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
(a) Being too unattractive.
(b) All of the Above.
(c) Being too old.
(d) Being insufficiently deferential to men.
5. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
(a) And is supported by a majority of women.
(b) Until women's rights becomes an issue in the mid nineteenth century.
(c) Since colonial times.
(d) All of the above.
6. This author dismisses a young woman's objection about women's role in gathering supplies.
(a) Allan Bloom.
(b) Michael Levin.
(c) George Gilder.
(d) Warren Farrell.
7. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
(a) Revoke the Equal Pay Act
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Put forth an anti-abortion platform.
(d) Oppose the ERA.
8. Sylvia Ann Hewlett worked at which university?
(a) Yeshiva University.
(b) No answers are correct.
(d) Barnard College.
9. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 28 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 83 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
10. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
(a) Phyllis Schlafly.
(b) Beverly LaHaye.
(c) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
11. Which author uses fairy tales to generalize about men and women without offending anyone?
(a) Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
(b) Betty Friedan.
(c) Allan Bloom.
(d) Robert Bly.
12. The book backlash claims that which of the following is true?
(a) The gap narrows among Hispanics.
(b) The pay gap is reduced because of men's falling wages.
(c) The gap narrows among Blacks.
(d) The gap narrows among the college educated.
13. In 1987 what percent of single women accept bearing and raising children outside wedlock?
(a) 87 percent.
(b) 29 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 55 percent.
14. If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? (1988) was written by which of the following authors?
(a) Robin Norwood.
(b) Toni Grant.
(c) Susan Price.
(d) Susan Page.
15. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
(a) To reduce the number of US individuals addicted to drugs.
(b) An attempt to humanize the fetus and neutralize the mother.
(c) The policy of allowing mothers to take precedence over the fetus.
(d) The decision to provide fathers with a strategy to protect their unborn children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
2. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
3. What is Carol Gilligan's criticism of Lawrence Kohlberg's six-stage ladder?
4. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
5. Which of the following occur in the case of Angela Carder ("A.C"), age twenty-eight, a bone cancer victim who conceives in 1984 while in remission?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)