|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which researcher finds no statistically significant difference in how the sexes reason morally in nineteen Kohlberg studies?
(a) Susan Brownmiller.
(b) Lawrence Walker.
(c) Carol Gilligan.
(d) Zella Luria.
2. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) National Organization for Women.
(b) Women's Agenda Conference.
(c) Eagle Forum.
(d) Concerned Women for America.
3. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Charlene Heatherly.
(b) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(c) Leslie Wolfe.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
4. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Unchanging market share.
(b) Declining circulation.
(d) Falling ad lineage.
5. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
(a) Greatest gift to men and women, resent the women who will not marry.
(b) Acid test of manhood, devolve into brutes.
(c) Death of the American male, enjoy greater freedom.
(d) All answers are correct.
6. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
(a) Sex and Destiny.
(b) Sexual Personae.
(c) In a Different Voice.
(d) Ms. Still.
7. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Encourages women to work.
(b) Supports male misogyny.
(c) Allows women to survive without husbands.
(d) Champions social welfare programs.
8. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
(b) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
(c) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(d) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
9. Which of the following occur in the case of Angela Carder ("A.C"), age twenty-eight, a bone cancer victim who conceives in 1984 while in remission?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The ACLU cites the Supreme Court precedent for putting giving equal weight to the mother's and fetus' health.
(c) After consulting her family, the hospital calls on Judge Emmet Sullivan to decide.
(d) Her long-time oncologist recommends aggressive treatment, but doctors and lawyers at the hospital worry about endangering the fetus and liability.
10. Why does Faludi believe Warren Farrell's loses his enthusiasm for the feminist movement?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Women are unhappy that he is a spokesman for the movement.
(c) He is tired of defending his position.
(d) Feminism is fading in the media.
11. What is the message of chapter 11, "The Backlash Brain Trust: From Neocons to Neofems"?
(a) How a variety of "experts" both frighten and confuse people about feminism in the 1980s.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) How laypeople are used by the backlash to discredit feminism in the 1980s.
(d) How large non-profit organizations fund backlash efforts in the 1980.
12. Medical journals define codependency as individuals doing which of the following?
(a) Choosing to live with more than one adult partner.
(b) Selecting dysfunctional life partners.
(c) Being unable to live without each other.
(d) Ending unfulfilling relationships.
13. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
(b) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(c) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
(d) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
14. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
(a) The decision to provide fathers with a strategy to protect their unborn children.
(b) To reduce the number of US individuals addicted to drugs.
(c) An attempt to humanize the fetus and neutralize the mother.
(d) The policy of allowing mothers to take precedence over the fetus.
15. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
(a) She is unable to command large crowds at events.
(b) She claims that she is unable to escape the feminist movement.
(c) She realizes she is unable to have a baby.
(d) She finds that her recovery by marrying the "right" man is short-lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
2. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
3. Which of the following women is one of the co-authors of the book No More Lonely Nights?
4. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
5. Which of the following companies chooses to fight the EEOC's case brought against it?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)