|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes The Spirit-Controlled Woman, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
(a) Beverly LaHaye.
(b) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(c) Phyllis Schlafly.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
2. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 28 percent.
(d) 83 percent.
3. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
(a) Phyllis Schlafly.
(b) Beverly LaHaye.
(c) Faith Whittlesey.
(d) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
4. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
(a) Teresa Bernardez.
(b) Toni Grant.
(c) Robin Norwood.
(d) Karen Horney.
5. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
(a) She is unable to command large crowds at events.
(b) She realizes she is unable to have a baby.
(c) She finds that her recovery by marrying the "right" man is short-lived.
(d) She claims that she is unable to escape the feminist movement.
6. Why does Faludi believe Warren Farrell's loses his enthusiasm for the feminist movement?
(a) Feminism is fading in the media.
(b) Women are unhappy that he is a spokesman for the movement.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He is tired of defending his position.
7. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
(b) Undocumented but noteworthy.
8. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) Wealth and Poverty.
(b) Ripon Forum.
(c) The Closing of the American Mind.
(d) Feminism and Freedom.
9. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
(a) Health care.
(b) Equal pay.
(c) Educational opportunity.
(d) Reproductive freedom.
10. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
(a) Carol Gilligan.
(b) Camille Paglia.
(c) Betty Friedan.
(d) Susan Brownmiller.
11. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
(a) All of the Above.
(b) Being too old.
(c) Being insufficiently deferential to men.
(d) Being too unattractive.
12. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Viking Power.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Iliad.
13. According to Faludi, abortion is legal in every state:
(a) And is supported by a majority of women.
(b) Until women's rights becomes an issue in the mid nineteenth century.
(c) Since colonial times.
(d) All of the above.
14. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Declining circulation.
(c) Unchanging market share.
(d) Falling ad lineage.
15. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
(b) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
(c) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(d) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
Short Answer Questions
1. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
2. Which of the following occur in the case of Angela Carder ("A.C"), age twenty-eight, a bone cancer victim who conceives in 1984 while in remission?
3. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
4. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
5. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)