|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi claims that the requirement of parental consent results in which of the following statistics?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) A two percent rise in second trimester abortions.
(c) A forty percent climb in the birth rate among fifteen to seventeen-year-olds.
(d) A reversal in the eighteen-year trend of a downward teenage birthrate.
2. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 83 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 28 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
3. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
(a) Male bashing.
(b) Undergraduate education.
(c) Popular psychology.
4. To gain support for the anti-abortion backlash, the media frame the struggle as:
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) A moral and biological debate over when life begins.
(c) A parental debate over maternal versus paternal rights.
(d) A moral and biological debate between mothers versus fetuses' rights.
5. Both Susan and Stephen Price claim to be ___________ in a ___________ age.
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Anti-feminists, anti-feminist.
(c) Feminists, anti-feminist.
(d) Feminists, post-feminist.
6. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
(a) Europeans are more in tuned with the needs of women.
(b) The European feminist movement is more effective in attaining its goals.
(c) Postwar European governments must rebuild their populations.
(d) The American feminist movement has been undercut by the backlash.
7. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
(a) Robin Norwood.
(b) Karen Horney.
(c) Teresa Bernardez.
(d) Toni Grant.
8. According to Faludi, surveys show which of the following types of women ranking highest in mental health?
9. The Price's use all of the following accommodations to a feminist lifestyle except which of the following?
(a) Susan puts Stephen through graduate school.
(b) Susan does not want to be a homemaker, over Stephen's objections.
(c) Susan does not complete her professional studies to become a therapist.
(d) They use babysitters and nursery schools and Susan is content.
10. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
(a) Helping women to understand that they must fulfill their own career goals.
(b) Suggest that the government approve family counseling programs.
(c) Subsidizing psychotherapy to get neurotic women married.
(d) Providing day care centers at all jobs with at least 20 women employed.
11. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
(a) The ERA.
(b) The EEOC.
(c) No answers are correct.
12. What is the message of chapter 11, "The Backlash Brain Trust: From Neocons to Neofems"?
(a) How large non-profit organizations fund backlash efforts in the 1980.
(b) How laypeople are used by the backlash to discredit feminism in the 1980s.
(c) How a variety of "experts" both frighten and confuse people about feminism in the 1980s.
(d) No answers are correct.
13. Which of the following claims to be the "media's number one psychologist," broadcasting live, nationwide, from Los Angeles?
(a) Robin Norwood.
(b) Toni Grant.
(c) Karen Horney.
(d) Teresa Bernardez.
14. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
(a) Allan Bloom.
(b) George Gilder.
(c) Warren Farrell.
(d) Michael Levin
15. The book backlash claims that which of the following is true?
(a) The gap narrows among Blacks.
(b) The pay gap is reduced because of men's falling wages.
(c) The gap narrows among the college educated.
(d) The gap narrows among Hispanics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feminists outflank the antiabortion "warriors" at which of the following Sacramento family-planning clinics?
2. In 1987 what percent of single women accept bearing and raising children outside wedlock?
3. By ignoring women's issues in his acceptance speech, which presidential candidate sees his twenty-four percent gender gap decease to only eight percent by Election Day?
4. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
5. Grant claims that Gilligan's In a Different Voice teaches her that the "______________" is the essence of being a woman.
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)