|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
(a) Beverly LaHaye.
(b) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(c) Phyllis Schlafly.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
2. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(b) Charlene Heatherly.
(c) Leslie Wolfe.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
3. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) Viking Power.
(c) The Iliad.
4. According to Faludi, the 1980s are awash with books about women's special virtues of:
(a) Contextual thinking.
(d) All of the Above.
5. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
(a) The decision to provide fathers with a strategy to protect their unborn children.
(b) The policy of allowing mothers to take precedence over the fetus.
(c) An attempt to humanize the fetus and neutralize the mother.
(d) To reduce the number of US individuals addicted to drugs.
6. Which of the following companies chooses to fight the EEOC's case brought against it?
(a) General Electric.
(b) General Motors.
(c) Sears Roebuck & Co.
7. Sylvia Ann Hewlett worked at which university?
(a) Barnard College.
(b) Yeshiva University.
(d) No answers are correct.
8. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
(a) Blame affirmative action when rejecting male applicants.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Demote men while promoting women.
(d) Show preferential treatment to women in meetings.
9. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Heritage Foundation.
(b) Moral Majority.
(c) Young Americans for Freedom.
(d) Free Congress Foundation.
10. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Unchanging market share.
(b) Falling ad lineage.
(d) Declining circulation.
11. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Strive to be self-fulfilled.
(b) Postpone careers until children are grown.
(c) Learn to compromise.
(d) Stop trying to make men change.
12. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes The Spirit-Controlled Woman, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Faith Whittlesey.
(c) Beverly LaHaye.
(d) Phyllis Schlafly.
13. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Champions social welfare programs.
(b) Encourages women to work.
(c) Supports male misogyny.
(d) Allows women to survive without husbands.
14. What is the message of chapter 11, "The Backlash Brain Trust: From Neocons to Neofems"?
(a) How large non-profit organizations fund backlash efforts in the 1980.
(b) How a variety of "experts" both frighten and confuse people about feminism in the 1980s.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) How laypeople are used by the backlash to discredit feminism in the 1980s.
15. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
(a) George Gilder.
(b) Warren Farrell.
(c) Michael Levin
(d) Allan Bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author uses fairy tales to generalize about men and women without offending anyone?
2. Both Susan and Stephen Price claim to be ___________ in a ___________ age.
3. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
4. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
5. Feminists outflank the antiabortion "warriors" at which of the following Sacramento family-planning clinics?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)