|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
(a) Health care.
(b) Educational opportunity.
(c) Equal pay.
(d) Reproductive freedom.
2. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
(b) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(c) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
(d) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
3. In 1987 what percent of single women accept bearing and raising children outside wedlock?
(a) 29 percent.
(b) 87 percent.
(c) 90 percent.
(d) 55 percent.
4. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
(a) Robin Norwood.
(b) Karen Horney.
(c) Toni Grant.
(d) Teresa Bernardez.
5. According to Faludi, Randall Terry is a leading figure in the antiabortion movement and his emotional baggage dates from which of the following?
(a) Been rejected by his father who was married and wanted his mother to have an abortion.
(b) Being the product of a failed abortion attempt by his mother.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Being raised by three feminist aunts who each had personal stakes in legal abortions.
6. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) Eagle Forum.
(b) Women's Agenda Conference.
(c) National Organization for Women.
(d) Concerned Women for America.
7. Which researcher finds no statistically significant difference in how the sexes reason morally in nineteen Kohlberg studies?
(a) Lawrence Walker.
(b) Susan Brownmiller.
(c) Zella Luria.
(d) Carol Gilligan.
8. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
(a) Death of the American male, enjoy greater freedom.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Greatest gift to men and women, resent the women who will not marry.
(d) Acid test of manhood, devolve into brutes.
9. Who was the author of the book, Closed: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion?
(a) Randall Terry.
(b) John Willke.
(c) Joseph Scheidler.
(d) Emmet Sullivan.
10. Which of the following claims to be the "media's number one psychologist," broadcasting live, nationwide, from Los Angeles?
(a) Toni Grant.
(b) Robin Norwood.
(c) Teresa Bernardez.
(d) Karen Horney.
11. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) They select Geraldine Ferraro for Vice-President.
(c) They elect a Democratic President.
(d) They return the Senate to the Democrats.
12. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The Second Stage.
(c) In a Different Voice.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
13. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
(a) Founder of the Heritage Foundation.
(b) The "Father of the New Right."
(c) Considering feminism as a dead issue.
(d) Viewing women's liberation as a dangerous lie.
14. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
(a) Threats and harassment.
(b) Promotion of corporate faithfuls only.
(c) All answers are correct.
15. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 83 percent.
(d) 28 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
2. The book backlash claims that which of the following is true?
3. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
4. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
5. The antiabortion message is championed by which of the following teams?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)