|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(b) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(c) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(d) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
2. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Physiologically, emotionally.
(b) Morally, ethnologically.
(c) Psychologically, physically.
(d) Relationally, traditionally.
3. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
(a) John Weitz, Christian Dior.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Bill Blass, Calvin Klein.
(d) Calvin Klein, Christian Lacroix.
4. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
(a) Women's Day.
(d) Women's Wear Daily.
5. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) Less likely, marry.
(c) More likely, marry.
(d) More likely, divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, cosmetic companies try to increase sales by ___________ their products.
2. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
3. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
4. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
5. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)