|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to <i>Backlash</i>, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(b) Greater abortion rates.
(c) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(d) Higher miscarriage rates.
2. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(b) U.S. Census Bureau.
(c) <i>The New England Journal of Medicine</i>.
(d) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
3. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Phyllis Schlafly.
(c) Faith Whittlesey.
(d) Beverly LaHaye.
4. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
(a) Revoke the Equal Pay Act
(b) Put forth an anti-abortion platform.
(c) Oppose the ERA.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. In 1987 what percent of single women accept bearing and raising children outside wedlock?
(a) 55 percent.
(b) 29 percent.
(c) 87 percent.
(d) 90 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
2. According to Faludi, at the end of the 1980s women go back to___________ about ___________.
3. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
4. According to Faludi, Randall Terry is a leading figure in the antiabortion movement and his emotional baggage dates from which of the following?
5. In the American version of the French film <i>Three Men and a Baby</i>, what significant change is made to the story line?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)