|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Greater abortion rates.
(b) Higher miscarriage rates.
(d) Higher incidents of birth defects.
2. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Demote men while promoting women.
(c) Blame affirmative action when rejecting male applicants.
(d) Show preferential treatment to women in meetings.
3. According to Faludi, cosmetic companies try to increase sales by ___________ their products.
(b) Cleaning up.
4. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(b) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(c) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(d) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
5. In the early stages of the feminist movement, women unite and fight for which of the following?
(b) Family rights.
(d) Reproductive rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
2. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
3. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
4. Faludi asserts that the 1980s and early 90s legal attacks against pregnant mothers could not be motivated by a desire to protect fetuses because at the same time which of the following policies was in place?
5. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)