|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
(b) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
(c) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
(d) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
2. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
(a) To require a husband's consent prior to an abortion.
(b) To end legalized abortion.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To block federal funding of abortions.
3. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
(d) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
4. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have returned to traditional roles.
(b) They have come of age.
(c) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(d) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
5. Whose design house loses $9.3 million in 1989?
(a) Christian Lacroix.
(b) Calvin Klein.
(c) John Weitz.
(d) Christian Dior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
2. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
3. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
4. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
5. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)