|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(a) Resentment and stress.
(d) Justification for the struggle.
2. According to Faludi, at the end of the 1980s women go back to___________ about ___________.
(a) Not caring, offending men.
(b) Worrying, offending men.
(c) Not caring, maintaining the status quo.
(d) Worrying, maintaining the status quo.
3. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
(a) Store where women could buy lingerie without the interruptions of men.
(b) Type of store where couples could purchase intimate attire for dress-up fantasies.
(c) Retail store to provide real intimate attire for real women.
(d) Disneyland version of a 19th-century lady's dressing room.
4. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(b) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(c) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
(d) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
5. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(b) Shere Hite.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Patricia Craig.
Short Answer Questions
1. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
2. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
3. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
4. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
5. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)