|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) A ban on all abortions.
(c) Censoring of birth control information.
(d) Revocation of the Equal Pay Act.
2. Some forecast that the 1990s will be a:
(a) Decade against women.
(b) Decade for women to tread water politically.
(c) Decade of Women.
(d) Decade to undo what the backlash has left untouched.
3. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 83 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 28 percent.
4. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
(a) A greater number of conservative women begin to support the Democratic candidates.
(b) The New Right criticizes Reagan for not supporting its agenda more strongly during his first term.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The number of female appointments drops below the level achieved during Reagan's first term.
5. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(b) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(c) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
(d) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, when women cannot find a niche that does not conflict with the backlash message, they must do which of the following?
2. Faludi suggests that women change the minds of individual men when they do which of the following?
3. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
4. According to Faludi, the pay gap in 1986 is actually what?
5. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)