|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(b) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) Reconsidering abortion rights.
(d) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
2. As the health care industry continues to convince women they need medical attention, the market increases for which of these services?
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Colon cleansing.
(d) Diet clinics.
3. Backlash is written in which decade?
4. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The right to abortions.
(c) Decent childcare.
(d) Child-rearing courses.
5. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) The Closing of the American Mind.
(b) Wealth and Poverty.
(c) Feminism and Freedom.
(d) Ripon Forum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Medical journals define codependency as individuals doing which of the following?
2. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
3. According to Faludi, the 1980s are awash with books about women's special virtues of:
4. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
5. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)