|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
(b) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(c) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(d) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
2. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
(a) Popular culture.
(b) Grassroots movements of husbands and fathers.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Research on children's opinions.
3. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(b) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
(c) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(d) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
4. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
(a) Europeans are more in tuned with the needs of women.
(b) The European feminist movement is more effective in attaining its goals.
(c) Postwar European governments must rebuild their populations.
(d) The American feminist movement has been undercut by the backlash.
5. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
(a) George Gilder.
(b) Warren Farrell.
(c) Allan Bloom.
(d) Michael Levin
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
2. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
3. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
4. Which of the following claims to be the "media's number one psychologist," broadcasting live, nationwide, from Los Angeles?
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)