|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) The Little Ones.
(b) After Divorce.
(c) Parents Choices.
(d) Second Chance.
2. The co-directors of which of the following organizations declare themselves "the psychological arm of the women's movement"?
(a) American Psychosis Association.
(b) National Self-Help Clearinghouse.
(c) American Psychiatric Association.
(d) American Psychological Association.
3. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Young versus old.
(b) Single versus married.
(c) Affluent versus working poor.
(d) Working versus homemakers.
4. According to Faludi, the pay gap in 1986 is actually what?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) $.70 on the dollar.
(c) $.20 on the dollar.
(d) $.64 cents on the dollar.
5. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(b) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
(c) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(d) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
2. Sylvia Ann Hewlett worked at which university?
3. To deal with the backlash message while maintaining their identities, many women heed the "little voice" inside that calls for ________.
4. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
5. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)