|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Breast implants.
(d) Tummy tucks.
2. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
(b) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(d) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) Child-rearing courses.
(c) Decent childcare.
(d) The right to abortions.
4. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
(a) Providing day care centers at all jobs with at least 20 women employed.
(b) Helping women to understand that they must fulfill their own career goals.
(c) Subsidizing psychotherapy to get neurotic women married.
(d) Suggest that the government approve family counseling programs.
5. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(b) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(c) Women's drive for economic equality.
(d) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
2. Which of the following claims to be the "media's number one psychologist," broadcasting live, nationwide, from Los Angeles?
3. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
4. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)