|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(b) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(c) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(d) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
2. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
(a) Elia Kazan's Baby Doll.
(b) Fatal Attraction.
(c) Fellini's La Dolce Vita.
3. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(b) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
(d) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
4. In the books, Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave women are told that their problems stem from which of the following choices?
(a) Delaying marriage.
(b) Delaying career entry.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Delaying childbearing.
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
2. The antiabortion message is championed by which of the following teams?
3. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
4. Some forecast that the 1990s will be a:
5. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)