|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
(b) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(c) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(d) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
2. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(b) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(c) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
(d) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
3. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) Less likely, marry.
(c) More likely, divorce.
(d) More likely, marry.
4. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
(a) Dry skin.
(b) Hair loss.
(d) Weight gain.
5. Who is nicknamed "The Breast Man of San Francisco"?
(a) Dr. Hugo Ramirez.
(b) Dr. Jack Statz.
(c) Dr. John Voorhees.
(d) Dr. Robert Harvey.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
2. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
3. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
4. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
5. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)