|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that the 1980s and early 90s legal attacks against pregnant mothers could not be motivated by a desire to protect fetuses because at the same time which of the following policies was in place?
(a) It is the lack of insurance and treatments, not drug addictions, that results in the widening gap between black and white fetal mortality rates.
(b) Doctors refuse treatment to mothers who are poor or are on Medicare.
(c) While mothers are prosecuted for refusing doctor's orders, poor mothers are not provided with the services they need to protect the health of their children.
(d) All answers are correct.
2. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
(a) Baby Boom.
(b) Fatal Attraction.
(c) Broadcast News.
(d) Crossing Delancey.
3. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
(b) Women's Wear Daily.
(c) Women's Day.
4. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
(c) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(d) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
5. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
(a) A greater number of conservative women begin to support the Democratic candidates.
(b) The New Right criticizes Reagan for not supporting its agenda more strongly during his first term.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The number of female appointments drops below the level achieved during Reagan's first term.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
2. In the early stages of the feminist movement, women unite and fight for which of the following?
3. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
4. Which researcher finds no statistically significant difference in how the sexes reason morally in nineteen Kohlberg studies?
5. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)