|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
(a) The New Right criticizes Reagan for not supporting its agenda more strongly during his first term.
(b) A greater number of conservative women begin to support the Democratic candidates.
(c) The number of female appointments drops below the level achieved during Reagan's first term.
(d) No answers are correct.
2. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 0.2 percent.
(c) 2.0 percent.
(d) 2.2 percent.
3. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Heritage Foundation.
(b) Free Congress Foundation.
(c) Moral Majority.
(d) Young Americans for Freedom.
4. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
(a) Breast implants.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Tummy tucks.
5. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Learn to compromise.
(b) Postpone careers until children are grown.
(c) Stop trying to make men change.
(d) Strive to be self-fulfilled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
2. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
3. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
4. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)