|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
(b) <i>9 ½- weeks.</i>
(c) <i>Fatal Attraction.</i>
(d) <i>Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York.</i>
2. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
(b) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
(c) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(d) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
3. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
4. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(a) School teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with <i>Good Housekeeping</i> the worst off and <i>Working Woman</i> the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of <i>Working Woman</i>?
2. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
3. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
4. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
5. In <i>Angels 88</i> screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)