|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
2. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(d) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
3. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
(a) Ms. Still.
(b) Sex and Destiny.
(c) Sexual Personae.
(d) In a Different Voice.
4. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Patricia Craig.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Shere Hite.
(d) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
5. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(b) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
(d) Reconsidering abortion rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
2. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
3. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
5. Both Susan and Stephen Price claim to be ___________ in a ___________ age.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)