|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
(a) They select Geraldine Ferraro for Vice-President.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) They return the Senate to the Democrats.
(d) They elect a Democratic President.
2. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
3. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
(a) Wrinkles, acne.
(b) Wrinkles, wrinkles.
(c) Acne, wrinkles.
(d) Acne, acne.
4. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
5. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
(a) Flawless, slender, and shorter.
(b) Flawless, shorter, bustier, and wasp-waisted.
(c) Taller, more slender, and poutier.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
2. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
3. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
4. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
5. According to Faludi, the pay gap in 1986 is actually what?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)