|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
(a) Grassroots movements of husbands and fathers.
(b) Research on children's opinions.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Popular culture.
2. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Bonnie Chambers.
(b) Mary Anne Devanna.
(c) Felice Schwartz.
(d) Faith Popcorn.
3. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(b) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(c) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(d) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
4. The federal "reductions in force" hit women over which level twice as badly as men?
(a) G.S. 5.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) G.S. 11.
(d) G.S. 9.
5. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
(a) Sex and Destiny.
(b) In a Different Voice.
(c) Ms. Still.
(d) Sexual Personae.
Short Answer Questions
1. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
2. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
3. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
4. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
5. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)