|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
2. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
(a) Camille Paglia.
(b) Susan Brownmiller.
(c) Betty Friedan.
(d) Carol Gilligan.
3. The federal "reductions in force" hit women over which level twice as badly as men?
(a) G.S. 11.
(b) G.S. 9.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) G.S. 5.
4. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
(b) Male bashing.
(c) Popular psychology.
(d) Undergraduate education.
5. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
(c) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(d) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
Short Answer Questions
1. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
2. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
3. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
4. What is Carol Gilligan's criticism of Lawrence Kohlberg's six-stage ladder?
5. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)