|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Free Congress Foundation.
(b) Heritage Foundation.
(c) Moral Majority.
(d) Young Americans for Freedom.
2. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(c) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(d) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
3. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
(a) 2.2 percent.
(b) 2.0 percent.
(c) 0.2 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
4. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Faith Popcorn.
(c) Felice Schwartz.
(d) Mary Anne Devanna.
5. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
(a) There are more women executives in the television industry who support the women's movement.
(b) Hollywood movies have greater budgets and more freedom with their creativity.
(c) Women are a majority of viewers and are advertisers' prime target.
(d) Television producers do not wish to tackle these issues through on-screen programming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Women's Wear Daily serve the feminist movement and the fashion industry?
2. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
3. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
4. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
5. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)