|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
(d) Estee Lauder.
2. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
(b) Fatal Attraction.
(c) Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York.
(d) 9 ½- weeks.
3. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Working versus homemakers.
(b) Single versus married.
(c) Young versus old.
(d) Affluent versus working poor.
4. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
(a) Equal pay.
(b) Educational opportunity.
(c) Reproductive freedom.
(d) Health care.
5. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Increasing, increasing.
(b) Limiting, increasing.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Limiting, limiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
2. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
3. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
4. What is the message of chapter 11, "The Backlash Brain Trust: From Neocons to Neofems"?
5. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)