|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) Fatal Attraction.
(b) The Graduate.
(c) Private Benjamin.
2. The Price's use all of the following accommodations to a feminist lifestyle except which of the following?
(a) They use babysitters and nursery schools and Susan is content.
(b) Susan does not want to be a homemaker, over Stephen's objections.
(c) Susan does not complete her professional studies to become a therapist.
(d) Susan puts Stephen through graduate school.
3. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(b) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
(c) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(d) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
4. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
(a) Put forth an anti-abortion platform.
(b) Oppose the ERA.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Revoke the Equal Pay Act
5. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
(b) Fatal Attraction.
(c) Elia Kazan's Baby Doll.
(d) Fellini's La Dolce Vita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
2. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
3. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
4. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
5. Which researcher finds no statistically significant difference in how the sexes reason morally in nineteen Kohlberg studies?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)