|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carol Gilligan's criticism of Lawrence Kohlberg's six-stage ladder?
(a) Education and class are what actually determines moral judgement.
(b) The data does not support the anti-feminist conclusions he made.
(c) It is skewed to male bases for moral judgments.
(d) The samples used are not sufficiently representative.
2. As the health care industry continues to convince women they need medical attention, the market increases for which of these services?
(a) No answers are correct.
(c) Diet clinics.
(d) Colon cleansing.
3. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(b) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(c) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(d) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
4. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(b) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(c) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
(d) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
5. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) Fatal Attraction.
(b) Private Benjamin.
(d) The Graduate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
2. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
3. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
4. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
5. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)