|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
(a) Acne, acne.
(b) Acne, wrinkles.
(c) Wrinkles, acne.
(d) Wrinkles, wrinkles.
2. Backlash is written in which decade?
3. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
(a) Show female jobs as tedious and supportive of male enterprises.
(b) Fail to indict a demoralizing marketplace.
(c) Showing why women are better off staying home.
(d) Show women as recognizing the sacrifices of being working women, but highly satisfied with their choices.
4. In 1988, at every level, writes Faludi, women candidates above the state legislature are at record low numbers and those who run generally lose. What does Faludi blame for this trend?
(a) The "public drubbing" of Geraldine Ferraro.
(b) The hard-nosed tactics used by the press against any woman candidate.
(c) The anti-activist agenda pushed by Charlene Heatherly.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. According to Faludi, how are female characters treated in morality tales?
(a) Good mothers are punished, and independent women win.
(b) Good mothers win, and independent women are punished.
(c) Women are not judged according to their lifestyle choices.
(d) Good mothers win, and single women are always envious of those in traditional roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
2. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
3. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
4. According to Faludi, the 1980s are awash with books about women's special virtues of:
5. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)