|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
(a) When women's clinics are awarded additional funding.
(b) When prominent politicians deliver speeches against feminism.
(c) When women's clinics are firebombed.
(d) When women's clinics are shut down due to systematic lobbying efforts.
2. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Add more bikinis.
(b) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(c) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(d) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
3. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
4. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
(a) Threats and harassment.
(b) All answers are correct.
(d) Promotion of corporate faithfuls only.
5. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(b) Women's drive for economic equality.
(c) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(d) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
2. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
3. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
4. Which author uses fairy tales to generalize about men and women without offending anyone?
5. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)