|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) More psychologically.
(b) Less physically.
(c) Less psychologically.
(d) More physically.
2. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
(a) Unmarried women believing their lives are "as easy" as married friends.
(b) Census figures showing 1.9 million more never-married men than women.
(c) Women cohabitating at rates twice those of 1970.
(d) Better paid women are more likely to marry.
3. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Feminism movement.
(b) Mommy syndrome.
(c) Biological clock.
(d) Husband shortage.
4. In her timeline of women's cosmetic trends, Faludi states that the bright, healthy, athletic look is popular in which era?
(a) In the 1970s.
(b) The 1910s and 1920s.
(c) During World War I.
(d) The 1920s and 1930s.
5. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) In a Different Voice.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The Second Stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
2. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
3. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
4. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
5. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)