|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
(a) Postwar European governments must rebuild their populations.
(b) The European feminist movement is more effective in attaining its goals.
(c) Europeans are more in tuned with the needs of women.
(d) The American feminist movement has been undercut by the backlash.
2. Sylvia Ann Hewlett worked at which university?
(b) Barnard College.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Yeshiva University.
3. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
(a) Smaller household sizes among the middle class.
(b) Political indifference by women.
(c) The decline of morality in society.
(d) The creation of a "feminist party."
4. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Working versus homemakers.
(b) Young versus old.
(c) Affluent versus working poor.
(d) Single versus married.
5. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
(a) Acne, wrinkles.
(b) Acne, acne.
(c) Wrinkles, wrinkles.
(d) Wrinkles, acne.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to <i>Backlash</i>, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
2. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
3. Part 2 of the book <i>The Backlash in Popular Culture</i> looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
4. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
5. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)