|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(d) No answers are correct.
2. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
(a) Carol Gilligan.
(b) Susan Brownmiller.
(c) Betty Friedan.
(d) Camille Paglia.
3. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
4. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(b) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(c) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(d) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
5. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Faith Popcorn.
(b) Felice Schwartz.
(c) Bonnie Chambers.
(d) Mary Anne Devanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
2. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
3. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
4. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
5. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)