|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
(b) Weight gain.
(c) Hair loss.
(d) Dry skin.
2. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The surge in infertility.
(b) The high divorce rates.
(d) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
3. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
(a) How the cosmetics industry and plastic surgery complete the "cultural undertow" of the 1980s backlash.
(b) The strategies used by cosmetic companies to convince women they must wear makeup to appeal to men and look professional in the workplace.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The way in which cosmetics and diet fads are used to subjugate women.
4. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Moral Majority.
(b) Heritage Foundation.
(c) Free Congress Foundation.
(d) Young Americans for Freedom.
5. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(b) Justification for the struggle.
(d) Resentment and stress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
2. According to Toni Grant, self-assertion for women is abnormal and relinquishing control is naturally feminine. Therefore, when women attempt to control their own destiny they are in fact showing that they are _____________.
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
4. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
5. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)