|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
(a) Betty Friedan.
(b) Carol Gilligan.
(c) Camille Paglia.
(d) Susan Brownmiller.
2. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) Fatal Attraction.
(b) Private Benjamin.
(d) The Graduate.
3. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
(b) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
(c) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
(d) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
4. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
(b) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(d) Reconsidering abortion rights.
5. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Mary Anne Devanna.
(b) Felice Schwartz.
(c) Faith Popcorn.
(d) Bonnie Chambers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
2. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
3. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
4. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
5. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)