|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
(a) Wrinkles, wrinkles.
(b) Wrinkles, acne.
(c) Acne, wrinkles.
(d) Acne, acne.
2. Which of the following women is one of the co-authors of the book No More Lonely Nights?
(a) Robin Norwood.
(b) Susan Price.
(c) Toni Grant.
(d) Susan Page.
3. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
(a) Fail to indict a demoralizing marketplace.
(b) Show women as recognizing the sacrifices of being working women, but highly satisfied with their choices.
(c) Show female jobs as tedious and supportive of male enterprises.
(d) Showing why women are better off staying home.
4. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The right to abortions.
(c) Decent childcare.
(d) Child-rearing courses.
5. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
(a) Smaller household sizes among the middle class.
(b) Political indifference by women.
(c) The decline of morality in society.
(d) The creation of a "feminist party."
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
2. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
3. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
4. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
5. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)