|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Bonnie Chambers.
(b) Mary Anne Devanna.
(c) Faith Popcorn.
(d) Felice Schwartz.
2. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Supports male misogyny.
(b) Allows women to survive without husbands.
(c) Encourages women to work.
(d) Champions social welfare programs.
3. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 83 percent.
(d) 28 percent.
4. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
(b) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
(c) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
(d) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
5. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) Eagle Forum.
(b) National Organization for Women.
(c) Concerned Women for America.
(d) Women's Agenda Conference.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
2. According to Faludi, the 1980s are awash with books about women's special virtues of:
3. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
4. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
5. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)