|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 83 percent.
(b) 28 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
2. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
(a) Betty Friedan.
(b) Carol Gilligan.
(c) Camille Paglia.
(d) Susan Brownmiller.
3. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(b) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(c) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
(d) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
4. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(b) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
(c) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
(d) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
5. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
(b) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
(c) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
(d) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
2. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
3. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
4. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
5. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)