|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Feminism movement.
(b) Husband shortage.
(c) Mommy syndrome.
(d) Biological clock.
2. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Single versus married.
(b) Affluent versus working poor.
(c) Young versus old.
(d) Working versus homemakers.
3. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(b) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
(c) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(d) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
4. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) More likely, marry.
(b) More likely, divorce.
(c) Less likely, marry.
(d) Less likely, divorce.
5. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
(b) Estee Lauder.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
2. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
3. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
5. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)