|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
(a) 2.0 percent.
(b) 0.2 percent.
(c) 2.2 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
2. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Parents Choices.
(b) The Little Ones.
(c) Second Chance.
(d) After Divorce.
3. Why does Faludi believe Warren Farrell's loses his enthusiasm for the feminist movement?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Women are unhappy that he is a spokesman for the movement.
(c) Feminism is fading in the media.
(d) He is tired of defending his position.
4. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
(a) Revoke the Equal Pay Act
(b) Put forth an anti-abortion platform.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Oppose the ERA.
5. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Family Upheavals.
(b) Feminist Satisfactions.
(c) Man Shortages.
(d) Fertility Booms.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
2. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
3. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
4. If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? (1988) was written by which of the following authors?
5. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)