|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Young Americans for Freedom.
(b) Moral Majority.
(c) Heritage Foundation.
(d) Free Congress Foundation.
2. How does Women's Wear Daily serve the feminist movement and the fashion industry?
(a) It tries unsuccessfully to convince women to buy into overly feminine and exploitive clothing to work, male fashion designers create these clothing lines and women do not buy the attire.
(b) It convinces women to buy into overly feminine and exploitive clothing to work; male fashion designers attempt to fight against the trend, but this is what women want to buy.
(c) It tries unsuccessfully to convince women to buy into overly feminine and exploitive clothing to work; male fashion designers attempt to fight against the trend, but this is what women want to buy.
(d) It convinces women to buy into overly feminine and exploitive clothing to work; male fashion designers create these clothing lines and women buy the attire.
3. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Psychologically, physically.
(b) Morally, ethnologically.
(c) Relationally, traditionally.
(d) Physiologically, emotionally.
4. According to Faludi, cosmetic companies try to increase sales by ___________ their products.
(a) Cleaning up.
5. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
2. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
3. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
4. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
5. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)