|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women Who Love Too Much: When You Keep Wishing and Hoping He'll Change is written by which of the following authors?
(a) Robin Norwood.
(b) Teresa Bernardez.
(c) Toni Grant.
(d) Karen Horney.
2. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
(a) Acne, acne.
(b) Wrinkles, wrinkles.
(c) Wrinkles, acne.
(d) Acne, wrinkles.
3. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
(a) Beverly LaHaye.
(b) Phyllis Schlafly.
(c) Faith Whittlesey.
(d) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
4. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) Private Benjamin.
(b) Fatal Attraction.
(d) The Graduate.
5. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Second Chance.
(b) After Divorce.
(c) Parents Choices.
(d) The Little Ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
2. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
3. According to Faludi, rather than helping women to overcome the problems with misogyny, the book If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? suggests that women can be happy only if they do all of the following EXCEPT:
4. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
5. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)