|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
(a) Calvin Klein, Christian Lacroix.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Bill Blass, Calvin Klein.
(d) John Weitz, Christian Dior.
2. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
(a) Allan Bloom.
(b) Michael Levin
(c) George Gilder.
(d) Warren Farrell.
3. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(a) The Office of Domestic Violence.
(b) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(d) The Vice President.
4. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
(a) Carol Gilligan.
(b) Camille Paglia.
(c) Betty Friedan.
(d) Susan Brownmiller.
5. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Patricia Craig.
(b) Neil Bennett.
(c) David Bloom.
(d) Jeanne Moorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the complete title of the book, <i>Backlash</i>?
2. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
3. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
4. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
5. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)