|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
(a) Bill Blass, Calvin Klein.
(b) Calvin Klein, Christian Lacroix.
(c) John Weitz, Christian Dior.
(d) No answers are correct.
2. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(b) The high divorce rates.
(c) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
(d) The surge in infertility.
3. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
(a) A ban on all abortions.
(b) Revocation of the Equal Pay Act.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Censoring of birth control information.
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) Ripon Forum.
(b) Feminism and Freedom.
(c) The Closing of the American Mind.
(d) Wealth and Poverty.
5. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
2. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
3. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
4. Sylvia Ann Hewlett worked at which university?
5. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)