|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Mommy syndrome.
(b) Husband shortage.
(c) Feminism movement.
(d) Biological clock.
2. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Allows women to survive without husbands.
(b) Supports male misogyny.
(c) Encourages women to work.
(d) Champions social welfare programs.
3. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
(a) Disneyland version of a 19th-century lady's dressing room.
(b) Retail store to provide real intimate attire for real women.
(c) Type of store where couples could purchase intimate attire for dress-up fantasies.
(d) Store where women could buy lingerie without the interruptions of men.
4. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Neil Bennett.
(b) Patricia Craig.
(c) David Bloom.
(d) Jeanne Moorman.
5. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The way in which cosmetics and diet fads are used to subjugate women.
(c) How the cosmetics industry and plastic surgery complete the "cultural undertow" of the 1980s backlash.
(d) The strategies used by cosmetic companies to convince women they must wear makeup to appeal to men and look professional in the workplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
2. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
3. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
4. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
5. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)