|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both Susan and Stephen Price claim to be ___________ in a ___________ age.
(a) Feminists, post-feminist.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Feminists, anti-feminist.
(d) Anti-feminists, anti-feminist.
2. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
(b) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(c) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
(d) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
3. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
(a) Revoke the Equal Pay Act
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Put forth an anti-abortion platform.
(d) Oppose the ERA.
4. If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? (1988) was written by which of the following authors?
(a) Susan Price.
(b) Toni Grant.
(c) Robin Norwood.
(d) Susan Page.
5. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) The Closing of the American Mind.
(b) Feminism and Freedom.
(c) Wealth and Poverty.
(d) Ripon Forum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
3. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
4. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
5. In her timeline of women's cosmetic trends, Faludi states that the bright, healthy, athletic look is popular in which era?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)