|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
2. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) More likely, marry.
(c) More likely, divorce.
(d) Less likely, marry.
3. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
(a) Private Benjamin and Fatal Attraction.
(b) Fatal Attraction and Baby Boom.
(c) Baby Boom and Private Benjamin.
(d) No answers are correct.
4. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
(a) Women's Day.
(d) Women's Wear Daily.
5. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have come of age.
(b) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
(c) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(d) They have returned to traditional roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
2. Whose design house loses $9.3 million in 1989?
3. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
4. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
5. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)