|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(b) No answers are correct.
2. Faludi writes that all of the following designers try to push femininity onto working women except:
(a) Christian Dior.
(b) Christian Lacroix.
(c) Calvin Klein.
(d) John Weitz.
3. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
(a) Bill Blass, Calvin Klein.
(b) Calvin Klein, Christian Lacroix.
(c) John Weitz, Christian Dior.
(d) No answers are correct.
4. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
(a) Hear that they should take action and speak up.
(b) Go to other women for advice.
(c) Hear that they should enjoy themselves.
(d) Turn to male doctors.
5. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. <i>Newsweek</i> uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
2. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
3. What is the complete title of the book, <i>Backlash</i>?
4. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
5. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)