|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Second Chance.
(b) Parents Choices.
(c) After Divorce.
(d) The Little Ones.
2. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) Black, chlamydia.
(b) Black, gonorrhea.
(c) White, HPV.
(d) White, herpes.
4. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
(a) Hear that they should take action and speak up.
(b) Hear that they should enjoy themselves.
(c) Go to other women for advice.
(d) Turn to male doctors.
5. Backlash is written in which decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
2. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
3. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
4. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
5. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)