|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
(b) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(c) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
(d) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
2. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
(a) Hollywood movies have greater budgets and more freedom with their creativity.
(b) Women are a majority of viewers and are advertisers' prime target.
(c) There are more women executives in the television industry who support the women's movement.
(d) Television producers do not wish to tackle these issues through on-screen programming.
3. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(b) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The Office of Domestic Violence.
4. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(c) School teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
2. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
3. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
4. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
5. Who is nicknamed "The Breast Man of San Francisco"?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)