|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(d) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
3. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) More likely, divorce.
(c) Less likely, marry.
(d) More likely, marry.
4. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Limiting, limiting.
(d) Increasing, limiting.
5. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
(c) Estee Lauder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
2. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
3. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
4. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
5. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)