|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) After Divorce.
(b) Parents Choices.
(c) The Little Ones.
(d) Second Chance.
2. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Flawless, shorter, bustier, and wasp-waisted.
(c) Taller, more slender, and poutier.
(d) Flawless, slender, and shorter.
3. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Feminism movement.
(b) Biological clock.
(c) Husband shortage.
(d) Mommy syndrome.
4. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(b) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(c) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(d) Add more bikinis.
5. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Psychologically, physically.
(b) Physiologically, emotionally.
(c) Relationally, traditionally.
(d) Morally, ethnologically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
2. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
3. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
4. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
5. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)