|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Fertility Booms.
(b) Feminist Satisfactions.
(c) Family Upheavals.
(d) Man Shortages.
2. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(b) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
(c) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(d) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
3. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Increasing, increasing.
(b) Increasing, limiting.
(c) Limiting, increasing.
(d) Limiting, limiting.
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) A culture of support for working mothers.
(b) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
(c) Long-standing support for women's rights.
(d) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
5. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(b) They have come of age.
(c) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
(d) They have returned to traditional roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
2. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
3. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
4. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
5. In her timeline of women's cosmetic trends, Faludi states that the bright, healthy, athletic look is popular in which era?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)