|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The surge in infertility.
(b) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
(c) The high divorce rates.
2. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(b) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(c) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(d) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
3. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's drive for economic equality.
(b) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(c) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(d) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
4. Faludi writes that all of the following designers try to push femininity onto working women except:
(a) Christian Lacroix.
(b) John Weitz.
(c) Calvin Klein.
(d) Christian Dior.
5. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
2. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
3. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
4. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
5. As the health care industry continues to convince women they need medical attention, the market increases for which of these services?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)