|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Patricia Craig.
(b) Neil Bennett.
(c) David Bloom.
(d) Jeanne Moorman.
2. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
3. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
(b) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
(c) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
(d) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
4. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(b) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(c) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(d) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
5. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The right to abortions.
(b) Child-rearing courses.
(c) Decent childcare.
(d) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, cosmetic companies try to increase sales by ___________ their products.
2. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
3. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
4. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
5. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)