|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
(a) Television producers do not wish to tackle these issues through on-screen programming.
(b) There are more women executives in the television industry who support the women's movement.
(c) Women are a majority of viewers and are advertisers' prime target.
(d) Hollywood movies have greater budgets and more freedom with their creativity.
2. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
(d) Estee Lauder.
3. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(d) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(b) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
(c) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(d) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
5. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(b) Resentment and stress.
(c) Justification for the struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
2. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
3. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
4. According to Faludi, cosmetic companies try to increase sales by ___________ their products.
5. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)