|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is nicknamed "The Breast Man of San Francisco"?
(a) Dr. John Voorhees.
(b) Dr. Robert Harvey.
(c) Dr. Jack Statz.
(d) Dr. Hugo Ramirez.
2. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Single versus married.
(b) Working versus homemakers.
(c) Affluent versus working poor.
(d) Young versus old.
3. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
(a) Taller, more slender, and poutier.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Flawless, slender, and shorter.
(d) Flawless, shorter, bustier, and wasp-waisted.
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
(b) A culture of support for working mothers.
(c) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
(d) Long-standing support for women's rights.
5. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
(b) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
(c) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
(d) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
2. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
3. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
4. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
5. In her timeline of women's cosmetic trends, Faludi states that the bright, healthy, athletic look is popular in which era?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)