|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following magazines uses the Harvard-Yale study to sell minis?
(b) Women's Day.
(c) Women's Wear Daily.
2. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Mary Anne Devanna.
(c) Faith Popcorn.
(d) Felice Schwartz.
3. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
(a) Cecelia Gouge.
(b) Diane Doe.
(c) Patsy Howell.
(d) Elia Kazan.
4. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(b) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(c) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(d) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(c) School teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
2. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
4. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
5. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)