|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
2. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(b) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(c) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(d) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
3. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Mommy syndrome.
(b) Biological clock.
(c) Husband shortage.
(d) Feminism movement.
4. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Relationally, traditionally.
(b) Morally, ethnologically.
(c) Physiologically, emotionally.
(d) Psychologically, physically.
5. Backlash is written in which decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
2. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
3. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
4. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
5. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)