|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Limiting, limiting.
3. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
(a) Fatal Attraction.
(b) Baby Boom.
(c) Crossing Delancey.
(d) Broadcast News.
4. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
(b) Fatal Attraction.
(c) Fellini's La Dolce Vita.
(d) Elia Kazan's Baby Doll.
5. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
(b) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(c) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(d) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
2. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
3. Backlash is written in which decade?
4. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
5. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)