|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the <i>Fortune</i> magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
2. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Child-rearing courses.
(b) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(c) Decent childcare.
(d) The right to abortions.
4. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
(b) Weight gain.
(c) Dry skin.
(d) Hair loss.
5. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) <i>The Divorce Revolution.</i>
(b) <i>When Divorce Happens.</i>
(c) <i>The Divorce Generation.</i>
(d) <i>The Force of Divorce.</i>
Short Answer Questions
1. As the health care industry continues to convince women they need medical attention, the market increases for which of these services?
2. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
3. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
4. According to <i>Backlash</i>, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
5. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)