|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(b) Patricia Craig.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Shere Hite.
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
(a) Grassroots movements of husbands and fathers.
(b) Popular culture.
(c) Research on children's opinions.
(d) No answers are correct.
4. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
(a) Hair loss.
(b) Dry skin.
(d) Weight gain.
5. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
(a) Media organizations receiving federal grants.
(b) U.S. Census Bureau demographers.
(c) U.S. Department of Education statisticians.
(d) University researchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi writes that all of the following designers try to push femininity onto working women except:
2. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
3. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
4. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
5. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)