|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(b) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(c) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(d) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
2. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) The Little Ones.
(b) Second Chance.
(c) Parents Choices.
(d) After Divorce.
3. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
4. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
(a) Adrian Lyne.
(b) David Mamet.
(c) Michael Douglas.
(d) James Dearden.
5. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) How the cosmetics industry and plastic surgery complete the "cultural undertow" of the 1980s backlash.
(c) The way in which cosmetics and diet fads are used to subjugate women.
(d) The strategies used by cosmetic companies to convince women they must wear makeup to appeal to men and look professional in the workplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi writes that all of the following designers try to push femininity onto working women except:
2. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
3. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
4. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
5. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)