|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, limiting.
(b) Limiting, increasing.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Increasing, increasing.
2. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
(a) Fatal Attraction and Baby Boom.
(b) Baby Boom and Private Benjamin.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Private Benjamin and Fatal Attraction.
3. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
(a) When prominent politicians deliver speeches against feminism.
(b) When women's clinics are awarded additional funding.
(c) When women's clinics are shut down due to systematic lobbying efforts.
(d) When women's clinics are firebombed.
4. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
(a) Acne, acne.
(b) Acne, wrinkles.
(c) Wrinkles, wrinkles.
(d) Wrinkles, acne.
5. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
(a) Breast implants.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Tummy tucks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Women's Wear Daily serve the feminist movement and the fashion industry?
2. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
3. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
4. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
5. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)