|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
(a) Michael Douglas.
(b) David Mamet.
(c) James Dearden.
(d) Adrian Lyne.
2. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
(a) University researchers.
(b) Media organizations receiving federal grants.
(c) U.S. Census Bureau demographers.
(d) U.S. Department of Education statisticians.
3. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
(b) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(d) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
4. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
(a) 2.2 percent.
(b) 0.2 percent.
(c) 2.0 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
5. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) <i>The New England Journal of Medicine</i>.
(b) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(c) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(d) U.S. Census Bureau.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
2. In the book <i>Backlash</i>, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
3. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
4. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
5. Part 2 of the book <i>The Backlash in Popular Culture</i> looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)