|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) <i>Fatal Attraction</i>.
(b) <i>Private Benjamin</i>.
(c) <i>Flashdance. </i>
(d) <i>The Graduate</i>.
2. <i>Backlash</i> is written in which decade?
3. In <i>Angels 88</i> screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(b) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(c) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(d) Add more bikinis.
4. In the American version of the French film <i>Three Men and a Baby</i>, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
(b) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
(c) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
(d) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
5. According to Faludi, how are female characters treated in morality tales?
(a) Good mothers win, and independent women are punished.
(b) Good mothers win, and single women are always envious of those in traditional roles.
(c) Women are not judged according to their lifestyle choices.
(d) Good mothers are punished, and independent women win.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
2. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
3. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
4. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
5. <i>Fatal and Fetal Visions</i> deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)