|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Child-rearing courses.
(b) The right to abortions.
(c) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(d) Decent childcare.
2. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) Less psychologically.
(b) Less physically.
(c) More psychologically.
(d) More physically.
3. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Man Shortages.
(b) Fertility Booms.
(c) Feminist Satisfactions.
(d) Family Upheavals.
4. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) Black, chlamydia.
(b) White, herpes.
(c) Black, gonorrhea.
(d) White, HPV.
5. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(b) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(c) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(d) Add more bikinis.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
3. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
4. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
5. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)