|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
2. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(b) School teachers.
3. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
(a) Turn to male doctors.
(b) Hear that they should take action and speak up.
(c) Hear that they should enjoy themselves.
(d) Go to other women for advice.
4. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(b) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
(d) No answers are correct.
5. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Young versus old.
(b) Working versus homemakers.
(c) Single versus married.
(d) Affluent versus working poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
2. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
3. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
4. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
5. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)