|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
(b) A culture of support for working mothers.
(c) Long-standing support for women's rights.
(d) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
2. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) Mary Anne Devanna.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Faith Popcorn.
(d) Felice Schwartz.
3. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(c) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(d) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
(b) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(c) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
(d) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
5. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
(b) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
(c) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(d) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
2. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
3. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
4. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
5. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)