|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Working versus homemakers.
(b) Young versus old.
(c) Single versus married.
(d) Affluent versus working poor.
2. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(b) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
(c) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(d) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
3. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
(a) David Mamet.
(b) Adrian Lyne.
(c) James Dearden.
(d) Michael Douglas.
4. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
5. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(c) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(d) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
2. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
3. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
4. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
5. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)