|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(c) School teachers.
2. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) More likely, marry.
(b) Less likely, marry.
(c) Less likely, divorce.
(d) More likely, divorce.
3. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(b) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(c) Add more bikinis.
(d) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
4. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(b) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(c) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(d) U.S. Census Bureau.
5. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Time magazine research.
(c) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
(d) Census Bureau data.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
2. According to Faludi, how are female characters treated in morality tales?
3. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
4. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
5. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)