|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
(a) Broadcast News.
(b) Crossing Delancey.
(c) Baby Boom.
(d) Fatal Attraction.
2. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(a) The Office of Domestic Violence.
(b) The Vice President.
(d) The Equal Rights Amendment.
3. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
(b) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(c) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(d) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
4. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Young versus old.
(b) Affluent versus working poor.
(c) Working versus homemakers.
(d) Single versus married.
5. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
(b) Long-standing support for women's rights.
(c) A culture of support for working mothers.
(d) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
2. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
3. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
4. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
5. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)