|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
(c) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(d) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
3. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
4. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Child-rearing courses.
(b) The right to abortions.
(c) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(d) Decent childcare.
5. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) Less psychologically.
(b) More physically.
(c) Less physically.
(d) More psychologically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
3. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
4. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
5. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)