|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
(a) Their married, child-bearing peers.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Families in other industrialized nations.
(d) Paupers, fools, and foreigners.
2. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
(a) 20 percent.
(b) 2.0 percent.
(c) 0.2 percent.
(d) 2.2 percent.
3. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Mary Anne Devanna.
(c) Felice Schwartz.
(d) Faith Popcorn.
4. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Murphy Brown.
(c) Roseanne Barr.
(d) Glenn Close.
5. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
(a) Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York.
(b) 9 ½- weeks.
(c) Fatal Attraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
2. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
3. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
4. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)