|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Limiting, limiting.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Increasing, increasing.
2. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) Less psychologically.
(b) More physically.
(c) Less physically.
(d) More psychologically.
3. Backlash is written in which decade?
4. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(b) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(c) Add more bikinis.
(d) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
5. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
Short Answer Questions
1. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
2. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
3. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
4. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
5. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)