|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
(b) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
(c) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
(d) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
2. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(b) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(c) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(d) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
3. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Faith Popcorn.
(b) Mary Anne Devanna.
(c) Felice Schwartz.
(d) Bonnie Chambers.
4. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Patricia Craig.
(d) Shere Hite.
5. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have returned to traditional roles.
(b) They have come of age.
(c) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
(d) They are in the infancy of their independence.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
3. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
4. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
5. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)