|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(b) No answers are correct.
2. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
(a) Michael Douglas.
(b) Adrian Lyne.
(c) James Dearden.
(d) David Mamet.
3. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
(b) Long-standing support for women's rights.
(c) A culture of support for working mothers.
(d) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
5. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(b) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
(c) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(d) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
2. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
3. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
4. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
5. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)