|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher miscarriage rates.
(b) Greater abortion rates.
(c) Higher incidents of birth defects.
2. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) Fatal Attraction.
(b) The Graduate.
(d) Private Benjamin.
3. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
4. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(b) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(c) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(d) U.S. Census Bureau.
5. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
(b) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
(c) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
(d) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
2. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
3. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
4. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
5. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)