|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Second Chance.
(b) Parents Choices.
(c) The Little Ones.
(d) After Divorce.
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
4. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(d) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
5. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Fertility Booms.
(b) Man Shortages.
(c) Family Upheavals.
(d) Feminist Satisfactions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Backlash is written in which decade?
2. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
3. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
4. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
5. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)