|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(c) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(d) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, limiting.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Limiting, increasing.
3. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(b) Resentment and stress.
(d) Justification for the struggle.
4. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) More physically.
(b) Less physically.
(c) Less psychologically.
(d) More psychologically.
5. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The high divorce rates.
(b) The surge in infertility.
(c) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
2. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
3. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
4. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
5. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)