|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
(a) U.S. Department of Education statisticians.
(b) Media organizations receiving federal grants.
(c) U.S. Census Bureau demographers.
(d) University researchers.
2. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(b) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(d) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
3. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(b) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
(c) They have returned to traditional roles.
(d) They have come of age.
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(b) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
(c) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(d) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
5. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
(b) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(d) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
2. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
3. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
4. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
5. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)