|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(b) Reconsidering abortion rights.
(c) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
(d) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
2. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) More physically.
(b) More psychologically.
(c) Less psychologically.
(d) Less physically.
3. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
(a) Census figures showing 1.9 million more never-married men than women.
(b) Women cohabitating at rates twice those of 1970.
(c) Unmarried women believing their lives are "as easy" as married friends.
(d) Better paid women are more likely to marry.
4. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(d) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher miscarriage rates.
(c) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(d) Greater abortion rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
2. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
3. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
4. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
5. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)