|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Felice Schwartz.
(c) Mary Anne Devanna.
(d) Faith Popcorn.
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(b) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(c) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(d) Women's drive for economic equality.
4. Backlash is written in which decade?
5. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Family Upheavals.
(b) Fertility Booms.
(c) Feminist Satisfactions.
(d) Man Shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
2. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
3. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
4. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
5. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)