|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) Black, gonorrhea.
(b) Black, chlamydia.
(c) White, herpes.
(d) White, HPV.
2. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(b) School teachers.
3. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
(b) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
(c) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(d) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
4. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
5. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
2. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
3. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
4. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
5. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)