|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) The Divorce Revolution.
(b) The Divorce Generation.
(c) The Force of Divorce.
(d) When Divorce Happens.
3. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have come of age.
(b) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(c) They have returned to traditional roles.
(d) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
4. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(b) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(c) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
(d) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
5. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
(a) Religious dogmatism.
(b) Undercover journalism.
(c) Legal maneuvering.
(d) Scientific research.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
4. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
5. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)