|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Morally, ethnologically.
(b) Relationally, traditionally.
(c) Psychologically, physically.
(d) Physiologically, emotionally.
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(b) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
(c) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(d) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
4. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(d) No answers are correct.
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(c) Greater abortion rates.
(d) Higher miscarriage rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
2. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
3. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
4. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
5. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)