|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) The Divorce Generation.
(b) The Divorce Revolution.
(c) The Force of Divorce.
(d) When Divorce Happens.
2. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(b) Resentment and stress.
(d) Justification for the struggle.
3. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
(c) Census Bureau data.
(d) Time magazine research.
4. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Second Chance.
(b) The Little Ones.
(c) After Divorce.
(d) Parents Choices.
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(b) Greater abortion rates.
(c) Higher miscarriage rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
2. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
3. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
4. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
5. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)