|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(b) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(c) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
(d) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
2. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(b) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
(d) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) White, HPV.
(b) Black, chlamydia.
(c) Black, gonorrhea.
(d) White, herpes.
4. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) More psychologically.
(b) More physically.
(c) Less physically.
(d) Less psychologically.
5. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
3. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
4. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
5. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)