|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(c) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
(d) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
2. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
(b) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
(c) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
(d) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
3. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(b) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(c) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
(d) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
4. Backlash is written in which decade?
5. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(b) Reconsidering abortion rights.
(c) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
(d) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
2. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
5. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)