|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(b) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(c) <i>The New England Journal of Medicine</i>.
(d) U.S. Census Bureau.
2. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) <i>After Divorce</i>.
(b) <i>The Little Ones</i>.
(c) <i>Second Chance</i>.
(d) <i>Parents Choices</i>.
3. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
4. In the book <i>Backlash</i>, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Psychologically, physically.
(b) Morally, ethnologically.
(c) Physiologically, emotionally.
(d) Relationally, traditionally.
5. What is the complete title of the book, <i>Backlash</i>?
(a) <i>Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women</i>.
(b) <i>Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.</i>
(c) <i>Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families</i>.
(d) <i>Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families</i>.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
2. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the <i>Fortune</i> magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
3. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
4. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
5. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)