|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(b) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
(c) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(d) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
2. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
(a) When women's clinics are awarded additional funding.
(b) When women's clinics are shut down due to systematic lobbying efforts.
(c) When women's clinics are firebombed.
(d) When prominent politicians deliver speeches against feminism.
3. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Patricia Craig.
(c) Shere Hite.
(d) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
4. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Child-rearing courses.
(b) The right to abortions.
(c) Decent childcare.
(d) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(d) School teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
2. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
3. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
4. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
5. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)