|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(c) Resentment and stress.
(d) Justification for the struggle.
2. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
3. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Mommy syndrome.
(b) Husband shortage.
(c) Biological clock.
(d) Feminism movement.
4. Backlash is written in which decade?
5. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
(a) When women's clinics are firebombed.
(b) When women's clinics are awarded additional funding.
(c) When women's clinics are shut down due to systematic lobbying efforts.
(d) When prominent politicians deliver speeches against feminism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
3. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
4. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
5. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)