|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) Decent childcare.
(c) Child-rearing courses.
(d) The right to abortions.
2. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
(a) Research on children's opinions.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Grassroots movements of husbands and fathers.
(d) Popular culture.
3. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(a) Resentment and stress.
(c) Justification for the struggle.
4. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Fertility Booms.
(b) Family Upheavals.
(c) Man Shortages.
(d) Feminist Satisfactions.
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Greater abortion rates.
(b) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(c) Higher miscarriage rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
2. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
3. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
5. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)