|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
2. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Neil Bennett.
(b) Jeanne Moorman.
(c) David Bloom.
(d) Patricia Craig.
3. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Second Chance.
(b) The Little Ones.
(c) After Divorce.
(d) Parents Choices.
4. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Greater abortion rates.
(b) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(d) Higher miscarriage rates.
5. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
(a) Grassroots movements of husbands and fathers.
(b) Popular culture.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Research on children's opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
2. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
3. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
4. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
5. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)