|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) The Force of Divorce.
(b) The Divorce Generation.
(c) The Divorce Revolution.
(d) When Divorce Happens.
2. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(b) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(c) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(d) U.S. Census Bureau.
3. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Physiologically, emotionally.
(b) Psychologically, physically.
(c) Relationally, traditionally.
(d) Morally, ethnologically.
4. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(b) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(c) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
(d) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
5. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
(b) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(c) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(d) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
2. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
5. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)