|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(a) The Vice President.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence.
(d) The Equal Rights Amendment.
2. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) White, HPV.
(b) Black, chlamydia.
(c) Black, gonorrhea.
(d) White, herpes.
3. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) Less physically.
(b) More physically.
(c) More psychologically.
(d) Less psychologically.
4. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
(b) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
(c) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
(d) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
5. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Increasing, limiting.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Limiting, increasing.
(d) Limiting, limiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
2. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
3. <i>Backlash</i> is written in which decade?
4. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
5. According to <i>Backlash</i>, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)