|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Increasing, increasing.
(b) Increasing, limiting.
(c) Limiting, limiting.
(d) Limiting, increasing.
2. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Their married, child-bearing peers.
(c) Families in other industrialized nations.
(d) Paupers, fools, and foreigners.
3. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
(b) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(c) They have come of age.
(d) They have returned to traditional roles.
4. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Greater abortion rates.
(b) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(c) Higher miscarriage rates.
5. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Patricia Craig.
(b) Shere Hite.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
2. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
3. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
4. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)