|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(b) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
(c) They have returned to traditional roles.
(d) They have come of age.
2. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(b) U.S. Census Bureau.
(c) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(d) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
3. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Patricia Craig.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(d) Shere Hite.
4. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(b) Resentment and stress.
(c) Justification for the struggle.
5. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) Less psychologically.
(b) More psychologically.
(c) Less physically.
(d) More physically.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
2. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
4. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
5. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)