|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(b) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
(c) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(d) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
2. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Greater abortion rates.
(b) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(c) Higher miscarriage rates.
3. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Single versus married.
(b) Working versus homemakers.
(c) Young versus old.
(d) Affluent versus working poor.
4. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Psychologically, physically.
(b) Physiologically, emotionally.
(c) Morally, ethnologically.
(d) Relationally, traditionally.
5. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(b) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(c) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(d) Women's drive for economic equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
2. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
3. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
4. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
5. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)