|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(b) Women's drive for economic equality.
(c) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(d) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
2. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have returned to traditional roles.
(b) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(c) They have come of age.
(d) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
3. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) The Divorce Generation.
(b) The Force of Divorce.
(c) The Divorce Revolution.
(d) When Divorce Happens.
4. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
(a) Single versus married.
(b) Working versus homemakers.
(c) Affluent versus working poor.
(d) Young versus old.
5. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
(a) Religious dogmatism.
(b) Scientific research.
(c) Undercover journalism.
(d) Legal maneuvering.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
2. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
3. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
4. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
5. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)