|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
(a) Encourage women to band together.
(b) Destroy the family bond.
(c) Return to capitalist traditions.
(d) Break women's political will.
2. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
3. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(c) Shere Hite.
(d) Patricia Craig.
4. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) After Divorce.
(b) Parents Choices.
(c) The Little Ones.
(d) Second Chance.
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(d) School teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Backlash is written in which decade?
2. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
3. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
4. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
5. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)