|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) White, herpes.
(b) Black, chlamydia.
(c) White, HPV.
(d) Black, gonorrhea.
2. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(a) Justification for the struggle.
(b) Resentment and stress.
3. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(b) Women's drive for economic equality.
(c) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(d) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
4. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
(a) Census figures showing 1.9 million more never-married men than women.
(b) Women cohabitating at rates twice those of 1970.
(c) Unmarried women believing their lives are "as easy" as married friends.
(d) Better paid women are more likely to marry.
5. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Reconsidering abortion rights.
(b) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(c) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
(d) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
4. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
5. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)