|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The right to abortions.
(b) Child-rearing courses.
(c) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(d) Decent childcare.
3. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Limiting, limiting.
(d) Increasing, limiting.
4. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
(b) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(c) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(d) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
5. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) Black, gonorrhea.
(b) White, HPV.
(c) White, herpes.
(d) Black, chlamydia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
2. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
3. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
4. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
5. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)