|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
(a) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families.
(b) Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.
(c) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families.
(d) Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women.
2. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Greater abortion rates.
(c) Higher miscarriage rates.
(d) Higher incidents of birth defects.
3. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Their married, child-bearing peers.
(c) Families in other industrialized nations.
(d) Paupers, fools, and foreigners.
4. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) Black, chlamydia.
(b) White, HPV.
(c) Black, gonorrhea.
(d) White, herpes.
5. Backlash is written in which decade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
2. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
3. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
4. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
5. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)