|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) "Fine-tuning" new divorce laws.
(b) Focusing on the core question of whether women are better off "protected" or equal.
(c) Collecting pre-reform data against which to test her hypothesis.
(d) Rejecting the "charade" of the old system.
2. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
3. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(b) The Office of Domestic Violence.
(c) The Vice President.
(d) The Equal Rights Amendment.
4. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
(d) School teachers.
5. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Patricia Craig.
(b) Neil Bennett.
(c) Jeanne Moorman.
(d) David Bloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
2. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
3. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
5. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)