|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(b) Women's drive for economic equality.
(c) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(d) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
3. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
(a) Media organizations receiving federal grants.
(b) U.S. Department of Education statisticians.
(c) University researchers.
(d) U.S. Census Bureau demographers.
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) A culture of support for working mothers.
(b) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
(c) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
(d) Long-standing support for women's rights.
5. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
2. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
3. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
4. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
5. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)