|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(b) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(c) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(d) Women's drive for economic equality.
3. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(b) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(c) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
(d) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
4. In Part 1 of <i>Backlash</i>, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Feminist Satisfactions.
(b) Man Shortages.
(c) Fertility Booms.
(d) Family Upheavals.
5. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
(a) When women's clinics are shut down due to systematic lobbying efforts.
(b) When women's clinics are firebombed.
(c) When prominent politicians deliver speeches against feminism.
(d) When women's clinics are awarded additional funding.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
2. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
3. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
4. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
5. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)