|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(b) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
(c) U.S. Census Bureau.
(d) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
2. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Neil Bennett.
(b) David Bloom.
(c) Patricia Craig.
(d) Jeanne Moorman.
3. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) Decent childcare.
(c) The right to abortions.
(d) Child-rearing courses.
4. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) More psychologically.
(b) Less physically.
(c) Less psychologically.
(d) More physically.
5. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
(a) Patricia Craig, Neil Bennett.
(b) Jeanne Moorman, Robert Fay.
(c) Neil Bennett, David Bloom.
(d) David Bloom, Jeanne Moorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
2. What is the complete title of the book, Backlash?
3. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
4. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
5. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)