Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This author dismisses a young woman's objection about women's role in gathering supplies.
(a) Warren Farrell.
(b) George Gilder.
(c) Michael Levin.
(d) Allan Bloom.
2. Faludi presents <i>Ms.</i> Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(c) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
(d) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
3. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
(a) Calvin Klein, Christian Lacroix.
(b) John Weitz, Christian Dior.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Bill Blass, Calvin Klein.
4. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
(b) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
(c) Reconsidering abortion rights.
(d) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
5. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
(a) Turn to male doctors.
(b) Go to other women for advice.
(c) Hear that they should enjoy themselves.
(d) Hear that they should take action and speak up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. In the early stages of the feminist movement, women unite and fight for which of the following?
4. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
5. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)