Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes <i>The Spirit-Controlled Woman</i>, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Beverly LaHaye.
(c) Faith Whittlesey.
(d) Phyllis Schlafly.
2. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(b) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
3. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
(a) Adrian Lyne.
(b) David Mamet.
(c) James Dearden.
(d) Michael Douglas.
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(b) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(c) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
(d) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
5. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) <i>Time</i> magazine research.
(b) Census Bureau data.
(c) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by <i>Fortune</i> magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
3. The federal "reductions in force" hit women over which level twice as badly as men?
4. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
5. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)