|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the books, Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave women are told that their problems stem from which of the following choices?
(a) Delaying childbearing.
(b) Delaying marriage.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Delaying career entry.
2. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
(a) To block federal funding of abortions.
(b) To require a husband's consent prior to an abortion.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) To end legalized abortion.
3. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
(a) The decision to provide fathers with a strategy to protect their unborn children.
(b) An attempt to humanize the fetus and neutralize the mother.
(c) To reduce the number of US individuals addicted to drugs.
(d) The policy of allowing mothers to take precedence over the fetus.
4. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
(a) Legal maneuvering.
(b) Religious dogmatism.
(c) Undercover journalism.
(d) Scientific research.
5. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(b) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(c) U.S. Census Bureau.
(d) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
2. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
3. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
4. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
5. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)