|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher incidents of birth defects.
(b) Greater abortion rates.
(c) Higher miscarriage rates.
2. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(b) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(c) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
(d) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
3. The Price's use all of the following accommodations to a feminist lifestyle except which of the following?
(a) They use babysitters and nursery schools and Susan is content.
(b) Susan does not want to be a homemaker, over Stephen's objections.
(c) Susan does not complete her professional studies to become a therapist.
(d) Susan puts Stephen through graduate school.
4. This author dismisses a young woman's objection about women's role in gathering supplies.
(a) Warren Farrell.
(b) George Gilder.
(c) Allan Bloom.
(d) Michael Levin.
5. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
(b) Promotion of corporate faithfuls only.
(c) Threats and harassment.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
2. Backlash is written in which decade?
3. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
4. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
5. Child abuse laws are extended to the fetus and "fetal neglect" bills flood legislatures as a result of which strategy?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)