|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
(a) Women cohabitating at rates twice those of 1970.
(b) Better paid women are more likely to marry.
(c) Unmarried women believing their lives are "as easy" as married friends.
(d) Census figures showing 1.9 million more never-married men than women.
2. Who is nicknamed "The Breast Man of San Francisco"?
(a) Dr. Hugo Ramirez.
(b) Dr. Jack Statz.
(c) Dr. John Voorhees.
(d) Dr. Robert Harvey.
3. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
(a) Undergraduate education.
(b) Popular psychology.
(d) Male bashing.
4. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
(a) Break women's political will.
(b) Return to capitalist traditions.
(c) Encourage women to band together.
(d) Destroy the family bond.
5. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Relationally, traditionally.
(b) Physiologically, emotionally.
(c) Psychologically, physically.
(d) Morally, ethnologically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi claims that the requirement of parental consent results in which of the following statistics?
2. To gain support for the anti-abortion backlash, the media frame the struggle as:
3. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
4. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
5. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)