|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1980 presidential election, the only clear differentiation from the Democrats comes when the Republicans do what according to Faludi?
(a) Put forth an anti-abortion platform.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Revoke the Equal Pay Act
(d) Oppose the ERA.
2. Why does Faludi believe Warren Farrell's loses his enthusiasm for the feminist movement?
(a) Feminism is fading in the media.
(b) Women are unhappy that he is a spokesman for the movement.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) He is tired of defending his position.
3. Faludi writes that all of the following designers try to push femininity onto working women except:
(a) John Weitz.
(b) Calvin Klein.
(c) Christian Dior.
(d) Christian Lacroix.
4. According to Faludi, the pay gap in 1986 is actually what?
(a) $.70 on the dollar.
(b) $.20 on the dollar.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) $.64 cents on the dollar.
5. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher miscarriage rates.
(c) Greater abortion rates.
(d) Higher incidents of birth defects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
2. How does Women's Wear Daily serve the feminist movement and the fashion industry?
3. Which of the following occur in the case of Angela Carder ("A.C"), age twenty-eight, a bone cancer victim who conceives in 1984 while in remission?
4. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
5. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)