|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Phyllis Schlafly.
(c) Beverly LaHaye.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
2. According to Faludi, the 1980s are awash with books about women's special virtues of:
(a) Contextual thinking.
(b) All of the Above.
3. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Declining circulation.
(b) Unchanging market share.
(c) Falling ad lineage.
4. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Allows women to survive without husbands.
(b) Champions social welfare programs.
(c) Encourages women to work.
(d) Supports male misogyny.
5. In 1987 what percent of single women accept bearing and raising children outside wedlock?
(a) 90 percent.
(b) 29 percent.
(c) 55 percent.
(d) 87 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
2. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
3. Faludi claims that Robin Norwood stops making speeches, divorces, and withdraws into a "shell-like existence" after which of the following events?
4. According to Faludi, how are female characters treated in morality tales?
5. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)