|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
(c) An expanding minimum-wage economy.
2. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
(a) To require a husband's consent prior to an abortion.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) To end legalized abortion.
(d) To block federal funding of abortions.
3. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
4. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
(a) Blame affirmative action when rejecting male applicants.
(b) Demote men while promoting women.
(c) Show preferential treatment to women in meetings.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
(b) Women's drive for economic equality.
(c) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(d) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
Short Answer Questions
1. If I'm So Wonderful, Why Am I Still Single? (1988) was written by which of the following authors?
2. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
3. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
4. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
5. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)