|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) Faith Popcorn.
(b) Felice Schwartz.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Mary Anne Devanna.
2. The book backlash claims that which of the following is true?
(a) The gap narrows among Hispanics.
(b) The gap narrows among Blacks.
(c) The pay gap is reduced because of men's falling wages.
(d) The gap narrows among the college educated.
3. As the health care industry continues to convince women they need medical attention, the market increases for which of these services?
(b) Diet clinics.
(c) Colon cleansing.
(d) No answers are correct.
4. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes The Spirit-Controlled Woman, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Phyllis Schlafly.
(c) Beverly LaHaye.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
5. The Price's use all of the following accommodations to a feminist lifestyle except which of the following?
(a) Susan does not complete her professional studies to become a therapist.
(b) Susan does not want to be a homemaker, over Stephen's objections.
(c) Susan puts Stephen through graduate school.
(d) They use babysitters and nursery schools and Susan is content.
Short Answer Questions
1. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
2. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
3. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
4. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
5. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)