|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi, surveys show which of the following types of women ranking highest in mental health?
2. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(b) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
(c) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
(d) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
3. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 83 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 28 percent.
4. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
(a) An empty bank account, bitterness, and loneliness.
(b) Childlessness, bitterness, and financial ruin.
(c) Loneliness, depression, and childlessness.
(d) Depression, loneliness, and an empty bank account.
5. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Feminism movement.
(b) Husband shortage.
(c) Biological clock.
(d) Mommy syndrome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
2. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
3. The antiabortion message is championed by which of the following teams?
4. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)