|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
(a) Providing day care centers at all jobs with at least 20 women employed.
(b) Suggest that the government approve family counseling programs.
(c) Subsidizing psychotherapy to get neurotic women married.
(d) Helping women to understand that they must fulfill their own career goals.
2. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
(b) The Office of Domestic Violence.
(c) The Equal Rights Amendment.
(d) The Vice President.
3. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) <i>Fatal Attraction</i>.
(b) <i>Flashdance. </i>
(c) <i>Private Benjamin</i>.
(d) <i>The Graduate</i>.
4. What is the complete title of the book, <i>Backlash</i>?
(a) <i>Backlash: The Declared War Against American Women.</i>
(b) <i>Backlash: The Declared War Against American Families</i>.
(c) <i>Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Women</i>.
(d) <i>Backlash: The Undeclared War Against American Families</i>.
5. The co-directors of which of the following organizations declare themselves "the psychological arm of the women's movement"?
(a) American Psychosis Association.
(b) American Psychiatric Association.
(c) American Psychological Association.
(d) National Self-Help Clearinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
2. Which of the following occur in the case of Angela Carder ("A.C"), age twenty-eight, a bone cancer victim who conceives in 1984 while in remission?
3. According to Faludi, how are female characters treated in morality tales?
4. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with <i>Good Housekeeping</i> the worst off and <i>Working Woman</i> the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of <i>Working Woman</i>?
5. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)