|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
2. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
(a) The creation of a "feminist party."
(b) Smaller household sizes among the middle class.
(c) Political indifference by women.
(d) The decline of morality in society.
3. What is the purpose of the Hyde amendment?
(a) To end legalized abortion.
(b) To block federal funding of abortions.
(c) To require a husband's consent prior to an abortion.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Falling ad lineage.
(b) Declining circulation.
(d) Unchanging market share.
5. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
(a) How the cosmetics industry and plastic surgery complete the "cultural undertow" of the 1980s backlash.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) The strategies used by cosmetic companies to convince women they must wear makeup to appeal to men and look professional in the workplace.
(d) The way in which cosmetics and diet fads are used to subjugate women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
2. According to Toni Grant, self-assertion for women is abnormal and relinquishing control is naturally feminine. Therefore, when women attempt to control their own destiny they are in fact showing that they are _____________.
3. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
4. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
5. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)