|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
2. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
(a) Elia Kazan's Baby Doll.
(c) Fellini's La Dolce Vita.
(d) Fatal Attraction.
3. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(b) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
(c) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
(d) Both stop talking about women's rights.
4. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(b) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
(d) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
5. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(b) Declining circulation.
(c) Falling ad lineage.
(d) Unchanging market share.
Short Answer Questions
1. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
2. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
3. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
4. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
5. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)