|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
(a) Turn to male doctors.
(b) Hear that they should enjoy themselves.
(c) Hear that they should take action and speak up.
(d) Go to other women for advice.
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
(a) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to the feminist struggle than they give to protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras.
(b) Faludi states that the media gives greater coverage to both issues than they give to the feminist struggle.
(c) Faludi states that the media gives equal coverage to the feminist struggle, protests against the Miss America pageant, and burning bras.
(d) Faludi states that the media gives little coverage to both issues.
3. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
(a) Disneyland version of a 19th-century lady's dressing room.
(b) Type of store where couples could purchase intimate attire for dress-up fantasies.
(c) Retail store to provide real intimate attire for real women.
(d) Store where women could buy lingerie without the interruptions of men.
4. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
(a) Acid test of manhood, devolve into brutes.
(b) Death of the American male, enjoy greater freedom.
(c) Greatest gift to men and women, resent the women who will not marry.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Financial ruin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
2. As the health care industry continues to convince women they need medical attention, the market increases for which of these services?
3. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
4. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
5. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)