|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "It's All in Your Mind" looks at ¬¬_______________ in the 1980s backlash.
(b) Popular psychology.
(c) Male bashing.
(d) Undergraduate education.
2. Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave are written by which of the following two authors?
(a) Kinder Melvin and Cowan Connell.
(b) Melvin Kinder and Connell Cowan.
(c) Melvin Cowan and Connell Kinder.
(d) Kinder Connell and Melvin Cowan.
3. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(b) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
4. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Iliad.
(c) Viking Power.
5. In the books, Smart Women/Foolish Choices and Women Men Love/Women Men Leave women are told that their problems stem from which of the following choices?
(a) Delaying career entry.
(b) Delaying childbearing.
(c) Delaying marriage.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
2. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
3. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
4. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
5. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)