|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Encourages women to work.
(b) Supports male misogyny.
(c) Champions social welfare programs.
(d) Allows women to survive without husbands.
2. Whose design house loses $9.3 million in 1989?
(a) Christian Dior.
(b) Christian Lacroix.
(c) John Weitz.
(d) Calvin Klein.
3. Which of the following occur in the case of Angela Carder ("A.C"), age twenty-eight, a bone cancer victim who conceives in 1984 while in remission?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The ACLU cites the Supreme Court precedent for putting giving equal weight to the mother's and fetus' health.
(c) After consulting her family, the hospital calls on Judge Emmet Sullivan to decide.
(d) Her long-time oncologist recommends aggressive treatment, but doctors and lawyers at the hospital worry about endangering the fetus and liability.
4. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) Wealth and Poverty.
(b) The Closing of the American Mind.
(c) Ripon Forum.
(d) Feminism and Freedom.
5. Who was the author of the book, Closed: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion?
(a) Emmet Sullivan.
(b) John Willke.
(c) Joseph Scheidler.
(d) Randall Terry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Retin-A is approved by the FDA to treat _____________ and is eventually marketed to treat ________.
2. According to Faludi what was one of the radical suggestions made by Franham and Lundberg's Modern Women?
3. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
4. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
5. In her timeline of women's cosmetic trends, Faludi states that the bright, healthy, athletic look is popular in which era?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)