|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the author of the book, Closed: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion?
(a) Emmet Sullivan.
(b) Joseph Scheidler.
(c) Randall Terry.
(d) John Willke.
2. Grant concludes that women's liberation is a set of "big lies" that lead to all of the following EXCEPT:
(c) Financial ruin.
3. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
(a) Childlessness, bitterness, and financial ruin.
(b) Depression, loneliness, and an empty bank account.
(c) An empty bank account, bitterness, and loneliness.
(d) Loneliness, depression, and childlessness.
4. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
(a) Both stop talking about women's rights.
(b) Both oppose the women's rights movement with equal vigor.
(c) Begin expressing diverging views about women's rights.
(d) Each present separate platforms for advancing women's rights.
5. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The Second Stage.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) In a Different Voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
2. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
3. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
4. The Price's use all of the following accommodations to a feminist lifestyle except which of the following?
5. According to Toni Grant, self-assertion for women is abnormal and relinquishing control is naturally feminine. Therefore, when women attempt to control their own destiny they are in fact showing that they are _____________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)