|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To gain support for the anti-abortion backlash, the media frame the struggle as:
(a) A moral and biological debate over when life begins.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) A moral and biological debate between mothers versus fetuses' rights.
(d) A parental debate over maternal versus paternal rights.
2. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(b) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
(c) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
(d) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
3. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Increasing, limiting.
(b) Increasing, increasing.
(c) Limiting, limiting.
(d) Limiting, increasing.
4. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) Eagle Forum.
(b) Concerned Women for America.
(c) Women's Agenda Conference.
(d) National Organization for Women.
5. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
(a) George Gilder.
(b) Michael Levin
(c) Allan Bloom.
(d) Warren Farrell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
2. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
3. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
4. According to Faludi, male crews comment that there are "too many women" on the job. This is reinforced by management's tendency to which of the following?
5. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)