|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) Less psychologically.
(b) More psychologically.
(c) Less physically.
(d) More physically.
2. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Jeanne Moorman.
(b) David Bloom.
(c) Patricia Craig.
(d) Neil Bennett.
3. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
4. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
5. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(b) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(c) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(d) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
2. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
3. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
4. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
5. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)