|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Child-rearing courses.
(b) Decent childcare.
(c) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(d) The right to abortions.
2. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
(a) Michael Douglas.
(b) James Dearden.
(c) Adrian Lyne.
(d) David Mamet.
3. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
(a) Their married, child-bearing peers.
(b) Families in other industrialized nations.
(c) Paupers, fools, and foreigners.
(d) No answers are correct.
4. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(a) Resentment and stress.
(c) Justification for the struggle.
5. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
(a) U.S. National Center for Health Statistics.
(b) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(c) U.S. Census Bureau.
(d) French researchers Schwartz and Mayaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
2. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
3. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
4. The backlash seeks to divide and conquer by pitting women against each other. Faludi describes all of the following battle lines EXCEPT:
5. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)