|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(d) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
2. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
(a) U.S. Census Bureau demographers.
(b) Media organizations receiving federal grants.
(c) U.S. Department of Education statisticians.
(d) University researchers.
3. Cries of a "birth dearth" proudly seeks to scare educated white women into keeping up with which of the following groups according to Faludi?
(a) Their married, child-bearing peers.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Families in other industrialized nations.
(d) Paupers, fools, and foreigners.
4. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) More likely, divorce.
(c) More likely, marry.
(d) Less likely, marry.
5. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) The Divorce Generation.
(b) When Divorce Happens.
(c) The Divorce Revolution.
(d) The Force of Divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
2. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
3. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
4. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
5. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)