|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
(a) Private Benjamin.
(b) The Graduate.
(c) Fatal Attraction.
3. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
(a) A middle-aged man's fight for monogamy.
(b) The family unit and how it can be torn apart.
(c) The plight of a suburban housewife.
(d) An individual's responsibility for a stranger's suffering.
4. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They have come of age.
(b) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(c) They have returned to traditional roles.
(d) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
5. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
(a) Baby Boom and Private Benjamin.
(b) Fatal Attraction and Baby Boom.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Private Benjamin and Fatal Attraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
2. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
3. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
4. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
5. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)