|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
2. In the American version of the French film Three Men and a Baby, what significant change is made to the story line?
(a) It adds a dour lawyer, Rebecca, who lacks both maternal and romantic "juices."
(b) It has the men raising one baby rather than twins.
(c) It includes the remorseful mother returning to take care of the baby and marry one of the fathers.
(d) It makes all of the men happy to have a baby to take raise.
3. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
(a) Hollywood movies have greater budgets and more freedom with their creativity.
(b) Women are a majority of viewers and are advertisers' prime target.
(c) There are more women executives in the television industry who support the women's movement.
(d) Television producers do not wish to tackle these issues through on-screen programming.
4. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Census Bureau data.
(d) Time magazine research.
5. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
(a) Hear that they should enjoy themselves.
(b) Turn to male doctors.
(c) Hear that they should take action and speak up.
(d) Go to other women for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
2. According to Faludi, how are female characters treated in morality tales?
3. Faludi notes that after Reagan becomes president, which of the following are among the political victims?
4. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
5. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)