|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "Big Lie" joins ____________ to the "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
(a) Scientific research.
(b) Undercover journalism.
(c) Religious dogmatism.
(d) Legal maneuvering.
2. According to Faludi, men's opposition to women's rights and the feminist movement is a source of:
(a) Justification for the struggle.
(b) Resentment and stress.
3. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
(a) A culture of support for working mothers.
(b) Long-standing support for women's rights.
(c) Long-standing resistance to women's rights.
(d) An undercurrent of resentment against working fathers.
4. By the 1980s the media begins to hail the arrival of a "________ generation."
5. The author writes that the feminist movement is blamed for all the evil in ________ society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
2. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
3. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
4. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
5. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)