|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
(b) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(c) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(d) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
2. According to Backlash, career women are warned that their choice to delay pregnancy and childbirth are resulting in which of the following?
(a) Higher miscarriage rates.
(b) Greater abortion rates.
(d) Higher incidents of birth defects.
3. Why do politicians, journalists, and business leaders claim that women need no more help advancing?
(a) They are in the infancy of their independence.
(b) They have returned to traditional roles.
(c) They have come of age.
(d) They have surpassed men in their accomplishments.
4. Which book provides the "devastating" statistics that there is a seventy-three percent decline in a woman's standard of living during the first year after divorce versus a man's forty-seven percent increase?
(a) The Divorce Generation.
(b) When Divorce Happens.
(c) The Divorce Revolution.
(d) The Force of Divorce.
5. In the book Backlash, attackers of the feminist movement are described as working to put women back in their "proper" place _________________ and __________.
(a) Psychologically, physically.
(b) Relationally, traditionally.
(c) Physiologically, emotionally.
(d) Morally, ethnologically.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
2. After Reagan's accession to the presidency, Faludi writes that the two political parties do which of the following?
3. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
4. By questioning whether the "backlash" is a new phenomenon, some social observers admit that there has been:
5. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)