|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) Second Chance.
(b) After Divorce.
(c) The Little Ones.
(d) Parents Choices.
2. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
(a) Women cohabitating at rates twice those of 1970.
(b) Unmarried women believing their lives are "as easy" as married friends.
(c) Census figures showing 1.9 million more never-married men than women.
(d) Better paid women are more likely to marry.
3. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
(a) Mommy syndrome.
(b) Biological clock.
(c) Husband shortage.
(d) Feminism movement.
4. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
5. An analogy is made between heiress Patricia Hearst and many female characters of the 1980s. Which of the following expresses the comparison?
(a) Having two heavy weights in each hand to symbolize the choice between marriage and single womanhood.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Being bound, blindfolded, and lacking identity to symbolize having to flee the office for marriage and motherhood.
(d) Carrying a light load in a backpack to symbolize the ease with which committed women face motherhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
2. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
3. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
4. Backlash is written in which decade?
5. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)