|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
(a) Women's increasing presence in the political arena.
(b) Women's desires to control their own fertility.
(c) Women's drive for economic equality.
(d) Women's choices of fashion and clothing.
2. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
(a) After Divorce.
(b) Parents Choices.
(c) Second Chance.
(d) The Little Ones.
3. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) They disagree with the choices of spouses and feel that the writers mismatched the female leads and the men that they marry.
(c) They disagree with the ending in the novel in which the author does not feel the need to marry off the single women.
(d) They prefer the ending in the novel in which the author does not feel the need to marry off the single women. They do not like the wedding scenes and prefer more romantic settings.
4. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
(a) Removing gender-based arguments from its hearings.
(b) Removing all gender-neutral policies from public laws.
(c) Reconsidering abortion rights.
(d) Striking down the Equal Rights Amendment.
5. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Baby Boom and Private Benjamin.
(c) Private Benjamin and Fatal Attraction.
(d) Fatal Attraction and Baby Boom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
3. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
4. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
5. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)