|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
2. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(b) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(c) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
(d) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
3. According to Backlash, the press uses the Harvard-Yale study to scare women into marrying "just to beat the 'odds'." At the same time, they overlook which of the following types of data?
(a) Better paid women are more likely to marry.
(b) Women cohabitating at rates twice those of 1970.
(c) Unmarried women believing their lives are "as easy" as married friends.
(d) Census figures showing 1.9 million more never-married men than women.
4. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) White, HPV.
(b) Black, chlamydia.
(c) Black, gonorrhea.
(d) White, herpes.
5. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
(a) Hollywood movies have greater budgets and more freedom with their creativity.
(b) Television producers do not wish to tackle these issues through on-screen programming.
(c) Women are a majority of viewers and are advertisers' prime target.
(d) There are more women executives in the television industry who support the women's movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
2. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
3. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
4. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
5. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)