|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Surveys show that an overwhelming majority of women feel there is still a need for all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Decent childcare.
(b) The right to abortions.
(c) Child-rearing courses.
(d) An Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
2. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
(a) University researchers.
(b) U.S. Department of Education statisticians.
(c) U.S. Census Bureau demographers.
(d) Media organizations receiving federal grants.
3. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
(a) They disagree with the choices of spouses and feel that the writers mismatched the female leads and the men that they marry.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) They disagree with the ending in the novel in which the author does not feel the need to marry off the single women.
(d) They prefer the ending in the novel in which the author does not feel the need to marry off the single women. They do not like the wedding scenes and prefer more romantic settings.
4. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
5. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
(a) Neil Bennett.
(b) David Bloom.
(c) Jeanne Moorman.
(d) Patricia Craig.
Short Answer Questions
1. An analogy is made between heiress Patricia Hearst and many female characters of the 1980s. Which of the following expresses the comparison?
2. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
3. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
4. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
5. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)