|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(b) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(c) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(d) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
2. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
(a) The family unit and how it can be torn apart.
(b) A middle-aged man's fight for monogamy.
(c) An individual's responsibility for a stranger's suffering.
(d) The plight of a suburban housewife.
3. Faludi asserts that a major objective of the attack on feminism is the desire to:
(a) Return to capitalist traditions.
(b) Encourage women to band together.
(c) Destroy the family bond.
(d) Break women's political will.
4. Backlash is written in which decade?
5. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Shere Hite.
(b) Patricia Craig.
(c) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
2. According to Faludi in Chapter 1, all of the following attack feminists EXCEPT:
3. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
4. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
5. Another blow to the feminist movement comes when the Supreme Court moves towards which of the following actions?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)