|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
(a) Women outnumber men on unemployment lines.
(b) The U.S. Census stops defining head of household as the husband.
(c) Women outnumber men in college attendance.
(d) Women outnumber men in total jobs.
2. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Faith Popcorn.
(b) Felice Schwartz.
(c) Mary Anne Devanna.
(d) Bonnie Chambers.
3. According to Faludi, thirty years of data show that men suffer __________ __________ than do women.
(a) More physically.
(b) Less physically.
(c) Less psychologically.
(d) More psychologically.
4. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
5. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
Short Answer Questions
1. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
2. According to Backlash, attacking the feminist movement is accomplished by systematically using which of the following?
3. Faludi notes that rarely do the backlash's "force and furor" become as public as when which of the following occurs?
4. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
5. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)