|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
2. Who is nicknamed "The Breast Man of San Francisco"?
(a) Dr. John Voorhees.
(b) Dr. Hugo Ramirez.
(c) Dr. Robert Harvey.
(d) Dr. Jack Statz.
3. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
(a) Fail to indict a demoralizing marketplace.
(b) Show women as recognizing the sacrifices of being working women, but highly satisfied with their choices.
(c) Showing why women are better off staying home.
(d) Show female jobs as tedious and supportive of male enterprises.
4. Whose design house loses $9.3 million in 1989?
(a) Christian Dior.
(b) John Weitz.
(c) Christian Lacroix.
(d) Calvin Klein.
5. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Faludi believe Warren Farrell's loses his enthusiasm for the feminist movement?
2. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
3. According to Faludi, the 1980s are awash with books about women's special virtues of:
4. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)