|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following women is cited in the book as being consistently shut out of the Emmys, disapproved of in public by George Bush, and having a nationwide club formed just to hate and revile her?
(a) Mae West.
(b) Roseanne Barr.
(c) Glenn Close.
(d) Murphy Brown.
2. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Time magazine research.
(c) Census Bureau data.
(d) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
3. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
(a) Fatal Attraction and Baby Boom.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Baby Boom and Private Benjamin.
(d) Private Benjamin and Fatal Attraction.
4. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
(a) Sex and Destiny.
(b) In a Different Voice.
(c) Ms. Still.
(d) Sexual Personae.
5. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(b) Add more bikinis.
(c) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(d) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ issues more miniskirts and says older women want to feel sexy on the job and ________ agrees: "gals" like to show their legs.
2. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
3. Faludi writes that all of the following designers try to push femininity onto working women except:
4. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
5. All of the following are researchers on the Harvard-Yale marriage study EXCEPT:
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)