|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
(a) <i>Fatal Attraction</i>.
(b) <i>Broadcast News</i>.
(c) <i>Crossing Delancey</i>.
(d) <i>Baby Boom</i>.
2. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(c) Patricia Craig.
(d) Shere Hite.
3. Which 1980s movie is credited for fueling a "monogamy trend" and "reinvigorating marriage"?
(a) <i>9 ½- weeks.</i>
(b) <i>Fatal Attraction.</i>
(d) <i>Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York.</i>
4. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
(a) Cecelia Gouge.
(b) Elia Kazan.
(c) Diane Doe.
(d) Patsy Howell.
5. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Increasing, limiting.
(b) Limiting, increasing.
(c) Increasing, increasing.
(d) Limiting, limiting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
2. Who does Faludi cite as the most famous feminist to retract her views?
3. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
4. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the <i>Fortune</i> magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
5. Which of the following two individuals does Faludi highlight as being unmarried while preaching that women should marry?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)