|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This author dismisses a young woman's objection about women's role in gathering supplies.
(a) Warren Farrell.
(b) George Gilder.
(c) Michael Levin.
(d) Allan Bloom.
2. George Gilder, a Reagan speechwriter, states that the women's movement does all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) Encourages women to work.
(b) Allows women to survive without husbands.
(c) Champions social welfare programs.
(d) Supports male misogyny.
3. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(b) The surge in infertility.
(c) The high divorce rates.
(d) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
4. A book claims that during the first year after divorce, a woman's standard of living declines by seventy-three percent while a man's increases by forty-seven percent. This claim is challenged by economists Saul Hoffman and Greg Duncan who have found which of the following statistics over twenty years?
(a) A thirty percent first-year decline for women.
(b) A three to five percent first-year rise for men.
(c) A twenty percent first-year decline for both men and women.
(d) A twenty five percent first-year rise for men.
5. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) The Feminine Mystique.
(b) In a Different Voice.
(c) The Second Stage.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sociologist Lenore Weitzman suggests that the issue of divorce should be handled by doing all of the following EXCEPT:
2. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and <i>Cosmopolitan</i> warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
3. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
4. In the American version of the French film <i>Three Men and a Baby</i>, what significant change is made to the story line?
5. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)