|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which book blames women for depleting men of "vim and vigor"?
(a) The Closing of the American Mind.
(b) Wealth and Poverty.
(c) Feminism and Freedom.
(d) Ripon Forum.
2. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
(a) Shere Hite.
(b) Dr. Srully Blotnick.
(c) Patricia Craig.
(d) No answers are correct.
3. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
(a) Hair loss.
(b) Weight gain.
(d) Dry skin.
4. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) In a Different Voice.
(c) The Second Stage.
(d) The Feminine Mystique.
5. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
(a) In dark theaters men work out deep-seated resentments and fears about women.
(b) When watching movies with female partners, men cow them into silence by shouting at the screen.
(c) They avoid movies in which women are not treated equally and support movies that show they are progressive and in support of the feminist movement.
(d) By watching tapes at home men develop bitter grudges and ongoing fears about women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
2. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
3. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
4. Which of the following two anti-feminist movies are made into television sitcoms?
5. Faludi identified which of the following books as the most widely quoted and influential feminist work in the 1980s?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)