|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
(a) The family unit and how it can be torn apart.
(b) A middle-aged man's fight for monogamy.
(c) An individual's responsibility for a stranger's suffering.
(d) The plight of a suburban housewife.
2. Which of the following women bets a male reporter that she will marry by forty?
(a) Diane Doe.
(b) Elia Kazan.
(c) Patsy Howell.
(d) Cecelia Gouge.
3. What is the theme of Chapter 8, "Beauty and the Backlash"?
(a) The strategies used by cosmetic companies to convince women they must wear makeup to appeal to men and look professional in the workplace.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) The way in which cosmetics and diet fads are used to subjugate women.
(d) How the cosmetics industry and plastic surgery complete the "cultural undertow" of the 1980s backlash.
4. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(b) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(c) Add more bikinis.
(d) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
5. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
(a) Postwar European governments must rebuild their populations.
(b) Europeans are more in tuned with the needs of women.
(c) The European feminist movement is more effective in attaining its goals.
(d) The American feminist movement has been undercut by the backlash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
2. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
3. George Gilder writes that family is the ______________ so males denied this are apt to________________.
4. Which author publishes a 922-page compendium in which 4,500 women despair about not being treated as equals by mates?
5. The chapter "Teen Angels and Unwed Witches" turns to which of the following media?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)