|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The high divorce rates.
(b) The surge in infertility.
(d) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(d) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
3. Who is nicknamed "The Breast Man of San Francisco"?
(a) Dr. John Voorhees.
(b) Dr. Robert Harvey.
(c) Dr. Jack Statz.
(d) Dr. Hugo Ramirez.
4. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
(a) In a Different Voice.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) The Feminine Mystique.
(d) The Second Stage.
5. Victoria Secret was intended to be the:
(a) Retail store to provide real intimate attire for real women.
(b) Disneyland version of a 19th-century lady's dressing room.
(c) Type of store where couples could purchase intimate attire for dress-up fantasies.
(d) Store where women could buy lingerie without the interruptions of men.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
2. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
3. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
4. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
5. Who casts his wife in the demeaning role of an unsmiling female doctor who clutches her book about obsession and compulsion?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)