|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fatal and Fetal Visions deals with how the_________ serve the backlash.
2. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Felice Schwartz.
(b) Faith Popcorn.
(c) Bonnie Chambers.
(d) Mary Anne Devanna.
3. ***Poet Robert Bly speaks to mostly all-male audiences about healthier views of masculinity in the time of all of the following EXCEPT:
(a) The Iliad.
(b) Viking Power.
(d) The Odyssey.
4. In Part 1 of Backlash, "Myths and Flashbacks" which of the following myths is analyzed?
(a) Family Upheavals.
(b) Feminist Satisfactions.
(c) Fertility Booms.
(d) Man Shortages.
5. Guess Jeans' advertising campaign is based variously on all the following except:
(b) Elia Kazan's Baby Doll.
(c) Fatal Attraction.
(d) Fellini's La Dolce Vita.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
2. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
3. _________ and ________, two demographers at the Census Bureau, re-run the Harvard-Yale study using 1980 data and find a major flaw in the study and its calculations.
4. Women send positive letters after the heroine walks away from the altar in which movie?
5. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)