|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faludi asserts that equal attention is given to _______ family size in whites and ________ family size among blacks.
(a) Limiting, increasing.
(b) Limiting, limiting.
(c) Increasing, limiting.
(d) Increasing, increasing.
2. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(b) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(d) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
3. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
(a) Flawless, slender, and shorter.
(b) Flawless, shorter, bustier, and wasp-waisted.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Taller, more slender, and poutier.
4. Faludi suggests that Western European "social feminists" have a better record with childcare and maternity leave because of which of the following?
(a) Europeans are more in tuned with the needs of women.
(b) Postwar European governments must rebuild their populations.
(c) The American feminist movement has been undercut by the backlash.
(d) The European feminist movement is more effective in attaining its goals.
5. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Add more bikinis.
(b) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
(c) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(d) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What outlet first declares that women's chances of conceiving drops not after age forty but after thirty?
2. Faludi asserts that under the Reagan administration which of the following are pressured to generate data that fit the war on women's independence?
3. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
4. Which book shows Reagan's influence in criticizing the welfare state and pushing volunteerism and individual responsibility?
5. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)