|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Angels 88 screenwriter Brad Markowitz has been ordered to do all of the following except:
(a) Demote the police academy-trained detectives.
(b) Add more bikinis.
(c) Make the detectives dropouts from the police academy.
(d) Make the detectives incompetent unemployed actresses.
2. Faludi states that which of the following is less harmful to women than other forms of plastic surgery?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Breast implants.
(d) Tummy tucks.
3. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
4. British directory/screenwriter James Dearden's screenplay makes the adulterous husband more sympathetic; however, according to Faludi, it was intended to be an exploration of what?
(a) The family unit and how it can be torn apart.
(b) A middle-aged man's fight for monogamy.
(c) An individual's responsibility for a stranger's suffering.
(d) The plight of a suburban housewife.
5. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, marry.
(b) More likely, divorce.
(c) Less likely, divorce.
(d) More likely, marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
2. When making an indictment of 1980s films featuring female jobs, Faludi states that these movies do all of the following except:
3. According to Faludi, cosmetic companies try to increase sales by ___________ their products.
4. Faludi makes the point that most women who go mad in 1970s films are repressed and neglected housewives. According to the author, these women do all of the following except what?
5. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)