|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This fragrance initially "celebrates women's liberation" but eventually ran campaigns in which under-aged models were used.
(b) Estee Lauder.
2. In her timeline of women's cosmetic trends, Faludi states that the bright, healthy, athletic look is popular in which era?
(a) In the 1970s.
(b) The 1920s and 1930s.
(c) During World War I.
(d) The 1910s and 1920s.
3. Which backlash proponent calls himself "America's Number-One Anti-feminist"?
(a) Michael Levin
(b) Allan Bloom.
(c) Warren Farrell.
(d) George Gilder.
4. Advertisers tell women career success is harming their complexions and causing all of the following except:
(a) Weight gain.
(b) Hair loss.
(c) Dry skin.
5. Faludi asserts that the decade's only real infertility epidemic is among young _____ women and is caused largely by the failure to treat ______ early on.
(a) White, HPV.
(b) White, herpes.
(c) Black, gonorrhea.
(d) Black, chlamydia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
2. Faludi suggests that movies are used by men to deal with their emotions concerning women. How does she suggest this is done?
3. In 1988, Robert Filoso defines the "New Generation" of female beauty with mannequins that are:
4. Why does Faludi believe Warren Farrell's loses his enthusiasm for the feminist movement?
5. Select the book that claims that children are worse off when parents divorce.
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)