|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which author uses fairy tales to generalize about men and women without offending anyone?
(a) Sylvia Ann Hewlett.
(b) Robert Bly.
(c) Betty Friedan.
(d) Allan Bloom.
2. The term "strong-armed into motherhood" is used by Faludi to describe which of the following movies?
(a) Fatal Attraction.
(b) Baby Boom.
(c) Broadcast News.
(d) Crossing Delancey.
3. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
4. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) Faith Popcorn.
(c) Mary Anne Devanna.
(d) Felice Schwartz.
5. When women boo Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York, Faludi sees this as an indication that women want to embrace single womanhood. She says this because of which of the following?
(a) They prefer the ending in the novel in which the author does not feel the need to marry off the single women. They do not like the wedding scenes and prefer more romantic settings.
(b) They disagree with the ending in the novel in which the author does not feel the need to marry off the single women.
(c) They disagree with the choices of spouses and feel that the writers mismatched the female leads and the men that they marry.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the 1980s all the following firsts are accomplished EXCEPT:
2. Yankelovich Monitor surveys find that "masculinity" is often defined as a man being a "good provider." This has negative implications for which of the following aspects of the feminist movement?
3. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
4. Whose design house loses $9.3 million in 1989?
5. Television assaults the women's movement less than Hollywood movies; Faludi states that this is because of what factor?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)