|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
(a) Working Woman has a better system of distribution.
(b) The magazine is concentrating on career women's needs.
(c) Executives at Working Woman focus on traditional female roles, which is what readers want.
(d) Surveys show that Working Woman has many more loyal readers.
2. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Faith Popcorn.
(b) Felice Schwartz.
(c) Bonnie Chambers.
(d) Mary Anne Devanna.
3. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) Time magazine research.
(b) Census Bureau data.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
4. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(b) Unchanging market share.
(c) Declining circulation.
(d) Falling ad lineage.
5. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
Short Answer Questions
1. By ignoring women's issues in his acceptance speech, which presidential candidate sees his twenty-four percent gender gap decease to only eight percent by Election Day?
2. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
3. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
4. Which of the following companies chooses to fight the EEOC's case brought against it?
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)