|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
2. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) More likely, divorce.
(b) More likely, marry.
(c) Less likely, marry.
(d) Less likely, divorce.
3. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 83 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 28 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
4. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Heritage Foundation.
(b) Moral Majority.
(c) Free Congress Foundation.
(d) Young Americans for Freedom.
5. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
2. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
3. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
4. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
5. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)