|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) Women's Agenda Conference.
(b) Eagle Forum.
(c) Concerned Women for America.
(d) National Organization for Women.
2. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
3. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Charlene Heatherly.
(b) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(c) Leslie Wolfe.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
4. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The surge in infertility.
(b) The high divorce rates.
(d) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
5. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
(a) The EEOC.
(b) The ERA.
(d) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
2. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
3. How does the Faludi describe the media's treatment of protests against the Miss America pageant and burning bras?
4. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
5. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)