|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Declining circulation.
(c) Unchanging market share.
(d) Falling ad lineage.
2. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
(a) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women forcing husbands into counseling to save unhappy marriages.
(b) Happy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(c) Happy single womanhood, women marrying on their own terms, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
(d) Unhappy single womanhood, women marrying to conform to societal expectations, and women fleeing unhappy marriages.
3. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
(a) The ERA.
(c) No answers are correct.
(d) The EEOC.
4. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) More likely, marry.
(b) Less likely, marry.
(c) More likely, divorce.
(d) Less likely, divorce.
5. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(b) Faith Whittlesey.
(c) Leslie Wolfe.
(d) Charlene Heatherly.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the Fortune magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
2. In 1988, at every level, writes Faludi, women candidates above the state legislature are at record low numbers and those who run generally lose. What does Faludi blame for this trend?
3. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
4. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
5. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)