|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which female executive is quoted as saying she hopes companies can treat "career-and-family women" more leniently than "career-primary" women?
(a) Felice Schwartz.
(b) Mary Anne Devanna.
(c) Faith Popcorn.
(d) Bonnie Chambers.
2. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(b) No answers are correct.
3. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
4. After the pop media launches its assault on single womanhood and increasing divorce numbers, what does Faludi quote as the percent drop in divorce rates?
(a) 2.0 percent.
(b) 0.2 percent.
(c) 2.2 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
5. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
(a) Christian Right's.
(b) National Anti-Feminist Movement.
(c) American Right's.
(d) New Right's.
Short Answer Questions
1. The federal "reductions in force" hit women over which level twice as badly as men?
2. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
3. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
4. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
5. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)