|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
(c) An expanding minimum-wage economy.
2. <i>Newsweek</i> uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) More likely, divorce.
(c) More likely, marry.
(d) Less likely, marry.
3. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The surge in infertility.
(c) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
(d) The high divorce rates.
4. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
(a) They return the Senate to the Democrats.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) They select Geraldine Ferraro for Vice-President.
(d) They elect a Democratic President.
5. In 1989 which Ivy League university commissioned a survey that confirmed the findings of the <i>Fortune</i> magazine research on female MBA students "bailing out"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following companies chooses to fight the EEOC's case brought against it?
2. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
3. The New Right select which of the following adjectives to describe feminism?
4. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
5. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)