|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
2. Faludi presents <i>Ms.</i> Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
(a) A string of firebombings of abortion clinics in 1987.
(b) The Office of Domestic Violence is closed.
(c) The Supreme Court restricts women's reproductive rights in 1989.
(d) Congress abandons the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA).
3. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by <i>Fortune</i> magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(d) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
4. According to Faludi, the pay gap in 1986 is actually what?
(a) $.64 cents on the dollar.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) $.20 on the dollar.
(d) $.70 on the dollar.
5. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
(a) Revocation of the Equal Pay Act.
(b) Censoring of birth control information.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) A ban on all abortions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
2. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
3. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
4. The federal "reductions in force" hit women over which level twice as badly as men?
5. In 1984, who is the highest-placed woman in the New Right?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)