|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 28 percent.
(d) 83 percent.
2. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) They return the Senate to the Democrats.
(c) They elect a Democratic President.
(d) They select Geraldine Ferraro for Vice-President.
3. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(b) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
(c) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
(d) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
4. In the summer following the 1988 election, which women's organization held a conference at which a motion passes to discuss a third political party?
(a) Concerned Women for America.
(b) Eagle Forum.
(c) National Organization for Women.
(d) Women's Agenda Conference.
5. By ignoring women's issues in his acceptance speech, which presidential candidate sees his twenty-four percent gender gap decease to only eight percent by Election Day?
(a) Jimmy Carter.
(b) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Michael Dukakis.
(d) George Bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes The Spirit-Controlled Woman, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
2. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
3. Which of the following women is a Harvard-educated lawyer and author of nine books who twice runs for Congress?
4. Paul Weyrich is defined by Faludi as all the following EXCEPT:
5. In 1988, at every level, writes Faludi, women candidates above the state legislature are at record low numbers and those who run generally lose. What does Faludi blame for this trend?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)