|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(b) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
(d) No answers are correct.
2. Which of the following network replacements is not accurate?
(a) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Paula Zahn.
(b) Deborah Norville is replaced by Katie Couric.
(c) Jane Pauley is replaced by Deborah Norville.
(d) Kathleen Sullivan is replaced by Jane Pauley.
3. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
(a) No answers are correct.
(b) The ERA.
(c) The EEOC.
4. Part 3, "Origins of a Reaction: Backlash Movers, Shakers, and Thinkers," begins by looking at "The Politics of Resentment: The ___________ War on Women."
(a) National Anti-Feminist Movement.
(b) New Right's.
(c) American Right's.
(d) Christian Right's.
5. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
(a) Undocumented but noteworthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
2. Which of the following occur following Reagan's second term in office?
3. Unmarried, childless after forty, hooked on work, a 1970s feminist and the third generation in her family to have a low view of "traditional femininity." This is Faludi's description of which market research trend executive?
4. Part 2 of the book The Backlash in Popular Culture looks at trends in all the following media EXCEPT:
5. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)