|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(b) The surge in infertility.
(c) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
(d) The high divorce rates.
2. What are the findings of the 1987 survey conducted by Fortune magazine on the issue of "bailing out," the term used to describe female MBA students opting for less demanding careers to concentrate on marriage and family?
(a) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more men than women putting family over professional advancement.
(b) It finds a tiny gender gap--with more women than men putting family over professional advancement.
(c) It finds no gender gap--both men and women are putting family over professional advancement.
(d) No answers are correct.
3. In coining the term "cocooning," Faith Popcorn was seeking to do what according to Faludi?
(a) Identify a gender-neutral trend of parents leaving the office for being at home.
(b) Show men as being more focused on sacrificing career advancement for family time.
(c) Support the backlash's efforts to highlight slight changes in women returning to traditional roles.
(d) Highlight the fact that neither men nor women are placing family time over career advancement.
4. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
(b) Undocumented but noteworthy.
5. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
(a) Revocation of the Equal Pay Act.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) A ban on all abortions.
(d) Censoring of birth control information.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1980 sex discrimination and other kinds of complaints filed before which agency climbs twenty-five to forty percent?
2. The major networks parade tearfully "penitent unwed" women through the media; Faludi highlights examples from all the following networks EXCEPT:
3. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
4. Faludi states that in 1986, NBC and Cosmopolitan warn women of three side effects of divorce including:
5. Women become a majority of the electorate in 1984. In 1986 how do they influence national politics?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)