|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
(b) An expanding minimum-wage economy.
2. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes The Spirit-Controlled Woman, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Phyllis Schlafly.
(c) Faith Whittlesey.
(d) Beverly LaHaye.
3. NBC and ABC use which of the following to undercut women's efforts to organize?
(a) Threats and harassment.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Promotion of corporate faithfuls only.
4. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) The high divorce rates.
(c) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
(d) The surge in infertility.
5. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(a) Unchanging market share.
(c) Falling ad lineage.
(d) Declining circulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms was coined as a part of the backlash?
2. According to Faludi what is the greatest fear of suffrage opponents in the 1910s?
3. What three relationship trends increased in the 1950s?
4. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
5. Faludi presents Ms. Magazine as a media outlet that has abandoned its flagship status as a supporter of the feminist movement. She writes that the magazine returns to its roots only after what happens?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)