|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 28 percent.
(b) 83 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
2. Select the woman who becomes a popular Christian speaker and broadcaster, and in 1978 publishes The Spirit-Controlled Woman, calling on fundamentalist women to overcome passivity and develop a public voice--all by and for Jesus.
(a) Connaught ("Connie") Marshner.
(b) Phyllis Schlafly.
(c) Beverly LaHaye.
(d) Faith Whittlesey.
3. Which of the following women had oversight of the funding from the Women's Educational Equity Act?
(a) Faith Whittlesey.
(b) Jeane Kirkpatrick.
(c) Charlene Heatherly.
(d) Leslie Wolfe.
4. Select the magazine that Faludi praises for using federal statistics to accurately portray the career choices of women.
(c) No answers are correct.
5. Beverly LaHaye founds Concerned Women for America (CWA); her husband Tim LaHaye is co-founder of which organization?
(a) Young Americans for Freedom.
(b) Moral Majority.
(c) Free Congress Foundation.
(d) Heritage Foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not a goal of the New Right?
2. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
3. Women's progress in the military falls after the Carter administration had ushered in a _______________ growth rate.
4. In the 1980s, Faludi makes the point that women are marginalized and can ask for childcare and parental leave only if they forego seeking all of the following except:
5. By ignoring women's issues in his acceptance speech, which presidential candidate sees his twenty-four percent gender gap decease to only eight percent by Election Day?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)