|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which organization's findings do not support the idea of a "baby boomlet" among career women?
(a) Time magazine research.
(b) No answers are correct.
(c) Annual surveys by professional organizations.
(d) Census Bureau data.
2. What percentage of younger women feel more akin to NOW than to either political party?
(a) 83 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 50 percent.
(d) 28 percent.
3. In 1987, what does NBC identify as the possible "yuppie disease of the '80s"?
(a) Financial competition between husbands and wives.
(b) The surge in infertility.
(d) The high divorce rates.
4. All of the following are listed for reasons for newspapers cutting available jobs except:
(b) Falling ad lineage.
(c) Unchanging market share.
(d) Declining circulation.
5. Newsweek uses the metaphor that women are "______ ________ to be killed by a terrorist" than to _________.
(a) Less likely, divorce.
(b) More likely, marry.
(c) Less likely, marry.
(d) More likely, divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book backlash claims that which of the following is true?
2. Chapter 13, "The Wages of the Backlash" shows all of the following undermining the progress women make in the 1970s EXCEPT:
3. Christine Craft is demoted for which of the following reasons?
4. The federal "reductions in force" hit women over which level twice as badly as men?
5. In the late 1980s, circulation of traditional women's magazines is down sharply with Good Housekeeping the worst off and Working Woman the best off. To what does Faludi attribute the relative success of Working Woman?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)