* The book looks at the negative sentiments regarding feminism in the 1980s.
* Among the attackers of the feminist movement are politicians, journalists, clergy, business leaders, physicians, and the legal profession.
* Feminism of the late 1960s and early 1970s is blamed for all the evil in contemporary society a
* Popular culture is used to put women psychologically and physically back in their "proper" place.
* Anti-feminists claim that women have come of age and need no more help advancing
* In contrast, surveys show that women do not feel liberated or equal.
* Women are still seeking equal pay, equal opportunity, an Equal Rights Amendment (ERA), the right to abortion, maternity leave, and decent childcare.
* Men's opposition causes "resentment and stress."
* The "Big Lie" joins scientific research to "dime-store moralism of yesteryear."
* The movement attempts to break women's political will.
* Some believe the backlash is merely another flare up in...
This section contains 7,598 words
(approx. 26 pages at 300 words per page)