|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ programs in collage have an important and positive function, though they are still unpopular in the creative world.
2. The artist must begin to consider what they value in their art and then ___________ the artwork accordingly.
3. Art is always bound up in what the _____________ desires, according to the authors.
4. __________ is best understood by those who make it, not by those who view it, according to the authors.
(a) The review.
(c) The movie.
(d) A mistake.
5. Art sometimes works against the idea of craft since it seeks the ___________, according to the authors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the art piece has been completed, this is where many other ____________ can arise, according to the authors.
2. The authors point out that many __________ graduates are often destroyed in the process of applying for jobs.
3. ___________ includes the techniques involved in producing the art, whereas art is something different, according to the authors.
4. The thought of going to _________ is a thought which seems to conjure up conformity, which is something that no artist wants.
5. What is the third question posed at the start of this chapter, helping to refine the vision of an artist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is art always bound up in, according to the authors of this book?
2. What do the problems which occur after a piece of art is made make an artist do?
3. What is the problem once a university gets an artist on board at their learning establishment?
4. Why do many artists dread the idea of being a faculty member at an art school or in an art program?
5. What is a problem of having too many focused habits as an artist, according to the authors of this book?
6. What will the best art do, according to the feeling of the authors at this point of the book?
7. What happens to many artists who rely solely on themselves for their art and the motivation for their art?
8. What does a true artist always keep in mind when it comes to creating art and about their efforts?
9. What are some of the other responsibilities which can come along with producing a piece of art?
10. What is the unpopular position that the authors take in relation to the art programs in college?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)