|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Academic World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ is best understood by those who make it, not by those who view it, according to the authors.
(b) The review.
(c) A mistake.
(d) The movie.
2. One of the most serious barriers to doing good art is letting ________________ throw the artist into uncertainty.
(a) Poor health.
(b) Poor habits.
(c) Poor materials.
3. When an artist spends too much time looking for perfection, they can end up wasting _____________ on a piece which only improves slightly.
4. It is hard to produce the same sort of art from another's ______________, according to the authors, is impossible.
5. ___________ is often a reward in itself and helps an artist to share their ideas with others, which can improve art as well.
(a) Community art making.
(b) Not being hired.
(d) Being a student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many artists are afraid they are ___________, or pretenders of doing art, when it comes to their work.
2. Many fears come from a sense of __________ in the great artists of the times, as if their talent appeared from nowhere.
3. Many art makers will want to __________ their activities as an artist since others have done so and have derived pleasure from these pieces.
4. Artists who worry that things do not come easy for them may want to remember that making art is ___________.
5. The authors claim that worrying about whether one has __________ is a waste of time, in their opinion.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)