|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Academic World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many artists are afraid they are ___________, or pretenders of doing art, when it comes to their work.
2. Art comes from one's _____________ in one's own life, according to the authors, not from simply viewing art.
3. While teaching involves learning, the teacher must still struggle in order to preserve their __________ to control their own art.
4. Whether one gets a job at a university will be helped by the artist's _________ in the community doing shows and exhibiting at galleries.
5. Many students feel that becoming a faculty member at a college would ___________ their creativity as artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. The authors point out that many __________ graduates are often destroyed in the process of applying for jobs.
2. In order to teach art, one must have a ___________, which has limited the market in terms of art teaching positions.
3. The authors claim that worrying about whether one has __________ is a waste of time, in their opinion.
4. Teaching experience is often measured in terms of _________ rather than by any other metric, according to the authors.
5. __________ is best understood by those who make it, not by those who view it, according to the authors.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)