|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Academic World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A crucial problem for many artists is whether to use _____________ tools or to use new ones in art making.
2. Many fears come from a sense of __________ in the great artists of the times, as if their talent appeared from nowhere.
3. Academic policy can get in the way by implementing regulations which serve no function or which produce ___________ for artwork.
(a) Increased pressure.
(b) No time.
(c) Bad outcomes.
(d) Little support.
4. While teaching involves learning, the teacher must still struggle in order to preserve their __________ to control their own art.
5. In this book, the authors point out that if talent is what comes ____________, then that can not be all that is required to make art.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ becomes the enemy of the good, for when an artist produces something good, they just want it to be better.
2. A person can pretend to be ___________, but they can not pretend to be making art, even when that art is bad.
3. The thought of going to _________ is a thought which seems to conjure up conformity, which is something that no artist wants.
4. Modern art does not seem to understand that an artist needs to take their own ___________ at the time when creating.
5. The authors point out that many __________ graduates are often destroyed in the process of applying for jobs.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)