Chapter 1, The Nature of the Problem
• Art making is a struggle, according to the authors.
• While many things impact the way that art is created, it can also be taught.
Chapter 2, Art & Fear
• Many artists quit their art due to a variety of reasons.
• Students of art also have troubles continuing as they often have no support.
• The fear of failure to execute one's vision is always present.
• Once the first few creative decisions have been made, the remaining decisions are often fixed.
Chapter 3, Fears About Yourself
• Many artists have fears about themselves.
• Artists worry they do not have talent.
• Perfection is another fear artists have about themselves.
• Fears come from the idea of 'magic' in great artists.
Chapter 4, Fears About Others
• The reactions of others matter even if art is made alone.
• Artists look for understanding.
• Artists should be careful about seeking acceptance.
• The authors try to...
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)