|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
2. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
3. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
4. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
5. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
Essay Topic 1
The overall goal of the book seems to be to discuss whether peace is possible in an area with such a long history of war.
Part 1: Why do you think peace is still the goal of mankind?
Part 2: Do you think finding world peace is something that is possible? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the world would change if we were able to create world peace?
Essay Topic 2
While the Arabs and the Jews may have many issues with each other, they also seem to affect each other's lives in positive ways.
Part 1: Do you think that Arabs and Jews share commonalities? Why or why not?
Part 2: How have the Jews affected the lives of the Arab people?
Part 3: How have the Arabs affected the lives of the Jewish people?
Essay Topic 3
Children are taught from a young age to hate those who are not like them, with school lessons even talking about who to fear.
Part 1: Do you think it's right to teach children to fear a certain group of people? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think lessons about other races are necessary in schools? Why or why not?
Part 3: Are there ways to teach children about other races in an unbiased fashion? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,661 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)