Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
2. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
3. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
4. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
5. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
The overall goal of the book seems to be to discuss whether peace is possible in an area with such a long history of war.
Part 1: Why do you think peace is still the goal of mankind?
Part 2: Do you think finding world peace is something that is possible? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the world would change if we were able to create world peace?
What's perhaps most compelling about the divide between the Arabs and the Jews is its long, complex history.
Part 1: Why do you think the chasm between the Arabs and the Jews has lasted so long?
Part 2: How can someone stop a belief system which has been in place for centuries? Can they?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible to change thinking which has been indoctrinated into a culture?
What's interesting to note is that Shipler points out that not all groups are intolerant of others.
Part 1: Why do you think there is a perception that all religious groups have some sort of intolerance?
Part 2: Do you think it's fair to say that all Jews or all Arabs hate the other? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the groups might behave if they realized not everyone was intolerant of them?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)