|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Palestinians assume that their schools, jobs, villages, and refugee camps are filled with _____________.
2. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
3. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
(c) Other Jews.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
2. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
3. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
5. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
2. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
3. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
4. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
5. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
6. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
7. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
8. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
9. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
10. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)