|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
2. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
3. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
4. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
5. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
(a) The history of their people.
(b) The wars.
(c) The Holocaust.
(d) Jewish struggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
2. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
3. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
5. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
2. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
3. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
4. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
5. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
6. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
7. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
8. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
9. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
10. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)