|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(a) Do math problems.
(b) Make more money.
4. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
5. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
Short Answer Questions
1. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
2. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
3. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
4. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
5. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
2. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
3. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
4. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
5. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
6. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
7. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
8. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
9. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
10. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)