|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
2. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
3. Shipler continues to find both groups of students hopefully ______________, trying to change their ways of thinking.
4. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
5. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
2. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
3. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
4. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
5. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
2. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
3. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
4. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
5. Why do some Jews oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs?
6. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
7. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
8. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
9. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
10. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)