|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
2. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
3. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
4. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) The place was destroyed.
(b) Soldiers were here.
(c) I feared for my life.
(d) Nothing special.
5. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
2. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
3. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
4. What is the name of the Palestinian girl who found connections with a group of Jewish girls, only to disconnect from them after the sieges of Ramallah?
5. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
2. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
3. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
4. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
5. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
6. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
7. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
8. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
9. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
10. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)