|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(d) Shin Beth.
2. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(a) Make more money.
(b) Do math problems.
3. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
(a) Premarital intimacy.
(c) Unarranged marriages.
5. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Zion.
(b) The Protocols of Israel.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Final Solution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
2. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
3. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
4. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
5. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
2. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
3. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
4. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
5. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
6. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
7. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
8. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
9. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
10. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)