|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
2. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(c) Heart disease.
3. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
4. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
5. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
2. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
3. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
5. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
2. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
3. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
4. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
5. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
6. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
7. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
8. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
9. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
10. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)