|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
2. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
3. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
4. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
5. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(a) Student Workshops.
(b) Hebrew University.
(c) Government Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
2. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
3. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
4. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
5. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
2. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
3. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
4. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
5. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
6. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
7. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
8. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
9. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
10. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)