|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
2. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
3. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
4. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
5. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Zion.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Protocols of Israel.
(d) The Final Solution.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
2. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
3. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
4. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
5. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
2. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
3. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
4. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
5. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
6. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
7. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
8. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
9. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
10. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)