|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
2. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(b) Shin Beth.
(c) Prime Minister.
3. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
4. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) A year.
(b) A month.
(c) A week.
(d) Four days.
5. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(a) Non-Israeli Arabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
2. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
3. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
4. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
5. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
2. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
3. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
4. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
5. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
6. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
7. Why do some Jews oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs?
8. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
9. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
10. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)