|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
2. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
3. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
4. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
(b) No one.
5. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
2. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
3. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
4. The man in the relationship portrayed in the radio program ends up entering a _________ and becoming a religious zealot.
5. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
2. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
3. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
4. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
5. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
6. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
7. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
8. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
9. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
10. Why do some Jews oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)