|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(d) Heart disease.
2. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
3. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
4. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military retribution.
(b) Military service.
5. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(b) Land ownership.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. By _________, however, students are feeling angry and personally betrayed.
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
5. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
2. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
3. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
4. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
5. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
6. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
7. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
8. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
9. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
10. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)