|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
2. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
4. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
5. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(c) Break up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
2. In May of 2001, Shipler asks students who they think the victims are in the conflicts. What do they all answer?
3. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
4. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
5. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
2. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
3. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
4. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
5. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
6. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
7. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
8. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
9. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
10. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)