|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
2. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(b) Land ownership.
3. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
4. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
5. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
(c) Shin Beth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
2. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
3. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
4. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
5. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
2. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
3. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
4. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
5. Why do some Jews oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs?
6. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
7. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
8. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
9. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
10. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)