|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(c) Non-Israeli Arabs.
2. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(c) The Internet.
3. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(c) No one.
4. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
5. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
(b) Hand washing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jews were rarely oppressed or exterminated by Muslims as they were by _____________.
2. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
3. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
4. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
5. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
2. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
3. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
4. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
5. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
6. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
7. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
8. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
9. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
10. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)