|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these answers is the name for the organization which handles internal police matters?
(d) Shin Beth.
2. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
(a) Mixed colors.
(d) Religious failings.
3. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
4. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
5. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
4. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
5. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
2. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
3. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
4. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
5. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
6. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
7. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
8. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
9. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
10. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)