|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A reporter Shipler brought with him to the prison camp was a survivor of ______________.
(c) Heart disease.
2. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
3. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
4. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
5. How long is the encounter for the teens who stay together at Neve Shalom?
(a) A month.
(b) A week.
(c) Four days.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
2. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
3. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
4. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
5. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
2. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
3. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
4. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
5. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
6. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
7. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
8. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
9. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
10. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)