|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
2. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
(a) Outside the country.
(b) In a mosque.
(c) In a basement.
(d) In a temple.
3. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Protocols of Zion.
(b) The Protocols of Israel.
(c) The Final Solution.
(d) The Bible.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the first day, the students are told to do nothing but pass each other and _________________.
2. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
3. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
4. _________ is the name of a prison camp constructed in southern Lebanon.
5. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
2. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
3. What does Shipler find a striking similarity between when this chapter begins?
4. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
5. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
6. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
7. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
8. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
9. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
10. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)