|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. What allows the young people who have met each other to keep in contact?
(b) The Internet.
4. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
(c) Shin Beth.
(d) Prime Minister.
5. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
2. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
3. ____________ suffer more overt opposition from their parents than their partners do.
4. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
5. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
2. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
3. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
4. Who did Shipler visit each time he went to Israel in 1993 and in 2001?
5. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
6. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
7. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
8. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
9. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
10. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)