|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jewish children respond happened at school on days when soldiers burst into their classroom?
(a) I feared for my life.
(b) Nothing special.
(c) Soldiers were here.
(d) The place was destroyed.
2. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
3. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(b) United Nations.
(c) Arabic wandering society.
(d) Jewish leadership.
4. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
5. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(a) Do math problems.
(c) Make more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
2. ___________ seems to grip the imaginations of Muslim students, according to Shipler.
3. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
4. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
5. Intermarriages are illegal and must be conducted _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
2. Why do some Jews oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs?
3. What do Palestinians assume about their schools, jobs, villages, and even the refugee camps?
4. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
5. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
6. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
7. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
8. Describe the conditions that Shipler found when he was allowed to go into Ansar.
9. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
10. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)