|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ by non-Israeli Arabs sharpened the government's security concerns.
2. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(d) No one.
3. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
4. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
5. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
(a) Older women.
(b) Jewish girls.
(c) Muslim girls.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
2. Small __________ grants were what kept Neve Shalom in business over the years.
3. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
4. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
5. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
Short Essay Questions
1. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
2. What are the two dangers being seen in interracial mingling between Arabs and Jews?
3. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
4. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
5. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
6. What does the Proclamation of Independence call on Arabs to do?
7. Why do some Jews oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs?
8. What did the government pour millions of dollars into, thought they would not support Neve Shalom?
9. Why do Arabs know little about the Holocaust, according to Shipler?
10. Why do the Bedouin light a small fire as soon as they stop in a given place?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)