|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(a) Military retribution.
(c) Military service.
2. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(c) Break up.
3. Under Muslim control, Jews adapted their _____________ to fit local conditions.
4. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
5. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
(a) Non-Israeli Arabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the dangers of interracial mingling, according to statements made in this chapter, is the obscenity of ___________.
2. The program allows teens to break down ___________ and confront stereotypes.
3. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
4. Which of these answers is the name for Israel's main overseas intelligence agency?
5. The blood _______ which holds that Jews mix the blood of innocent Christian children into the dough for the Passover matzo.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is sexual experimentation with Jewish girls attractive to Muslim males?
2. What do children's texts and street jokes seem to depict the Jew as?
3. What are some of the things which the Israelis have done for the Sinai Bedouin?
4. After 45 days of imprisonment and torture, what did the young Palestinian swore he had done during that time?
5. What are almost all mixed marriages comprised of in terms of gender and religion?
6. What happens when Arabs and Jews are paired up and given large sheets of paper on which to paint?
7. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
8. Why was it witty for a Palestinian who claimed he was a target of anti-Semitism when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry?
9. Why are there no statistics on the intermarriages between Arabs and Jews?
10. Why does Tala reject the idea of meeting again with Jewish teens?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)