|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
2. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
4. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
5. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to paranoia about what might be said by Arabs on the television or on the radio?
2. What does Shipler claim about Jerusalem at the time he and his family lived there in regards to its safety?
3. Why does the 12-year-old Palestinian in Jabalya have no past and no future, according to Shipler?
4. And finally, what is Shipler's third goal for this book and for the reading audience as a whole?
5. How do Jews seem to differentiate among Arabs according to survey data that Shipler examines?
6. Where does Shipler note that the stereotypes of Arabs are depicted in the everyday culture?
7. Why does the Arab side of the argument lack a spokesperson for reason?
8. The college age Palestinian who was taken prisoner by the Israeli patrol found out what during his imprisonment?
9. What did politicians do when a journalist documents forced expulsions from many parts of the country?
10. What do the Palestinians NOT do, even though many Jews say that they do?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)