|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
4. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Celebration.
(b) The Catastrophe.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
2. There is a profound resentment that Arab youth are exempt from ____________, which gives them an advantage in the job market.
3. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
Short Essay Questions
1. And finally, what is Shipler's third goal for this book and for the reading audience as a whole?
2. How are the Arab youth being affected by the actions of the Israeli police?
3. Shipler discusses the naivety of what official Israeli strategy as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations?
4. What happens as a result of rumors being spread of a female accomplice in the hostage situation at the start of the chapter?
5. What happens when the Israelis grow too grand to perform manual labor in their society?
6. Where is the Israelis' rejection of Palestinianism shown, according to Shipler?
7. What is the second goal of Shipler for this book and for the understanding of the reader?
8. Unless a two state solution can be found, what will the population of Arabs to Jews be in the coming years?
9. What happens when some of the people retreat to dogmatism in their thinking about the enemy?
10. What is the first goal of Shipler as he strives to create a main discussion for this book?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)