|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
2. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
3. Liberal Jews speak of fears for the integrity of the ____________ enterprise.
(d) Conservative Jews.
4. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
5. Israelis were disappointed that the Arab TV show wasn't broadcast in the West so that the viewers could see how _______ the Arabs are.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
2. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
3. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
4. There is a profound resentment that Arab youth are exempt from ____________, which gives them an advantage in the job market.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shipler discuss as being the goal of terrorism amongst the Jews and Arabs?
2. What does the two day celebration of the Day of Remembrance celebrate according to the book?
3. Shipler discusses the naivety of what official Israeli strategy as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations?
4. Where does Shipler note that the stereotypes of Arabs are depicted in the everyday culture?
5. And finally, what is Shipler's third goal for this book and for the reading audience as a whole?
6. What is the official Israeli myth which is dissected in the book which Shipler has written?
7. What is the contradiction in opinion that Jews have about Arabs and their work ethic?
8. What does Freij tell Shipler about his feelings of the Jews in regards to culture?
9. What is the second goal of Shipler for this book and for the understanding of the reader?
10. Why is it said that conflict is comfortable to both sides of this area?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)