|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(d) Peace treaty.
2. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
3. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
4. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
5. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
2. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
3. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
4. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
5. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first goal of Shipler as he strives to create a main discussion for this book?
2. What does Shipler mean when he discusses the idea of 'culture of the desert'?
3. What is the second goal of Shipler for this book and for the understanding of the reader?
4. What happens when the Israelis grow too grand to perform manual labor in their society?
5. How do Jews seem to differentiate among Arabs according to survey data that Shipler examines?
6. Where was Shipler wandering in the streets at the start of this book and its narrative?
7. Unless a two state solution can be found, what will the population of Arabs to Jews be in the coming years?
8. Why does the 12-year-old Palestinian in Jabalya have no past and no future, according to Shipler?
9. What does the two day celebration of the Day of Remembrance celebrate according to the book?
10. What did politicians do when a journalist documents forced expulsions from many parts of the country?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)