|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
2. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(c) Media coverage.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
5. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
2. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
3. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
4. Liberal Jews speak of fears for the integrity of the ____________ enterprise.
5. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was taken prisoner by the Israeli patrol found out what during his imprisonment?
2. Why is it said that conflict is comfortable to both sides of this area?
3. What does Shipler explain about the Middle Easterners and what they have felt they need to do?
4. Where is the Israelis' rejection of Palestinianism shown, according to Shipler?
5. What is a 13-year-old Jewish boy called when he says that he is upset with the anti-Arab bigotry in his school?
6. Why does the Arab side of the argument lack a spokesperson for reason?
7. What leads to paranoia about what might be said by Arabs on the television or on the radio?
8. Shipler discusses the naivety of what official Israeli strategy as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations?
9. What does Freij tell Shipler about his feelings of the Jews in regards to culture?
10. Where does Shipler note that the stereotypes of Arabs are depicted in the everyday culture?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)