|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(c) Peace treaty.
2. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
3. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
4. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
5. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. Israeli children grow up with the lasting impression that Arabs are a colorful, menacing _____________.
5. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
Short Essay Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was taken prisoner by the Israeli patrol found out what during his imprisonment?
2. What does Freij tell Shipler about his feelings of the Jews in regards to culture?
3. What is the recurring theme in the examples that Shipler provides in terms of how the Arabs are portrayed in the media?
4. What did politicians do when a journalist documents forced expulsions from many parts of the country?
5. What is the first goal of Shipler as he strives to create a main discussion for this book?
6. Where is the Israelis' rejection of Palestinianism shown, according to Shipler?
7. What is the contradiction in opinion that Jews have about Arabs and their work ethic?
8. What does Shipler claim about Jerusalem at the time he and his family lived there in regards to its safety?
9. What is a 13-year-old Jewish boy called when he says that he is upset with the anti-Arab bigotry in his school?
10. Why it is sometimes advantageous to be an outsider, according to Shipler?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)