|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
2. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
3. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
4. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways in which Jews typically stereotype Arabs as noted in the book?
2. What does Shipler say a great tangle of nonsense grows from in this chapter?
3. Where does Shipler note that the stereotypes of Arabs are depicted in the everyday culture?
4. What do the Palestinians NOT do, even though many Jews say that they do?
5. What is the first goal of Shipler as he strives to create a main discussion for this book?
6. What happens when some of the people retreat to dogmatism in their thinking about the enemy?
7. What does Freij tell Shipler about his feelings of the Jews in regards to culture?
8. Why was the rise of Islam the most significant external influence on the Jews, according to Shipler?
9. What is the official Israeli myth which is dissected in the book which Shipler has written?
10. What is the second goal of Shipler for this book and for the understanding of the reader?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)