|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
2. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
5. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is thought that Arabs are practical in daily life, but exaggerated in their ___________ life.
2. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
3. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
4. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
5. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the two day celebration of the Day of Remembrance celebrate according to the book?
2. Shipler discusses the naivety of what official Israeli strategy as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations?
3. How are the Arab youth being affected by the actions of the Israeli police?
4. What does Freij tell Shipler about his feelings of the Jews in regards to culture?
5. What does Shipler say a great tangle of nonsense grows from in this chapter?
6. What do some scholars with whom Shipler speaks say in regards to most Muslims' understanding of their own book?
7. What does Rabbi Hartman have to say about religion at the start of this chapter?
8. What are some of the ways in which Jews typically stereotype Arabs as noted in the book?
9. What is the official Israeli myth which is dissected in the book which Shipler has written?
10. Where was Shipler wandering in the streets at the start of this book and its narrative?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)