|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
2. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
3. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
4. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(b) Refugee camps.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
5. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
4. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
5. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do some scholars with whom Shipler speaks say in regards to most Muslims' understanding of their own book?
2. What does the two day celebration of the Day of Remembrance celebrate according to the book?
3. What happens because there is too much bitterness among Arabs and Jews, according to Shipler?
4. What does Shipler say a great tangle of nonsense grows from in this chapter?
5. What does Shipler claim about Jerusalem at the time he and his family lived there in regards to its safety?
6. How are the Arab youth being affected by the actions of the Israeli police?
7. What leads to paranoia about what might be said by Arabs on the television or on the radio?
8. Where is the Israelis' rejection of Palestinianism shown, according to Shipler?
9. The college age Palestinian who was taken prisoner by the Israeli patrol found out what during his imprisonment?
10. How do Jews seem to differentiate among Arabs according to survey data that Shipler examines?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)