|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
2. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(d) A message.
3. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Jews; Arabs.
(b) Both; both.
(c) Neither; neither.
(d) Arabs; Jews.
4. Israelis were disappointed that the Arab TV show wasn't broadcast in the West so that the viewers could see how _______ the Arabs are.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Celebration.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
2. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do smugglers make sure that young Palestinians get in relation to the Jews?
2. How are the Arab youth being affected by the actions of the Israeli police?
3. What does Shipler explain about the Middle Easterners and what they have felt they need to do?
4. What is the second goal of Shipler for this book and for the understanding of the reader?
5. And finally, what is Shipler's third goal for this book and for the reading audience as a whole?
6. What is a 13-year-old Jewish boy called when he says that he is upset with the anti-Arab bigotry in his school?
7. What is the official Israeli myth which is dissected in the book which Shipler has written?
8. The college age Palestinian who was taken prisoner by the Israeli patrol found out what during his imprisonment?
9. What are some of the ways in which Jews typically stereotype Arabs as noted in the book?
10. What does the two day celebration of the Day of Remembrance celebrate according to the book?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)