|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
2. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
3. It is thought that Arabs are practical in daily life, but exaggerated in their ___________ life.
4. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
5. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
6. Israeli children grow up with the lasting impression that Arabs are a colorful, menacing _____________.
(a) Breed apart.
(b) Bunch of savages.
(c) Bloodthirsy warriors.
7. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
(a) The Zionists.
(c) The Torah.
8. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
9. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
10. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
11. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
12. The __________ are the Zionists who founded Israel and control the government.
13. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
14. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) A woman.
(b) An outsider.
15. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(b) Caucasian male.
(c) Asian male.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
2. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
3. A sociologist reports that in an integrated neighborhood, there is not tension, but there is notable ______________.
4. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)