|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(a) Peace treaty.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. The __________ are the Zionists who founded Israel and control the government.
5. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
6. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
7. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
8. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
9. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
10. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
11. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
12. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
13. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(c) A message.
14. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
15. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
4. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
5. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)