|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
3. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) An outsider.
(b) A woman.
4. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
5. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
6. A sociologist reports that in an integrated neighborhood, there is not tension, but there is notable ______________.
7. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
8. Liberal Jews speak of fears for the integrity of the ____________ enterprise.
(a) Conservative Jews.
9. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
(a) The Torah.
(c) The Zionists.
10. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
11. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
12. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
13. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
14. The __________ are the Zionists who founded Israel and control the government.
15. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
2. Israeli children grow up with the lasting impression that Arabs are a colorful, menacing _____________.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
5. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)