|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(a) List of demands.
(b) Press coverage.
2. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
(b) Arab army.
(c) Israeli army.
3. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(b) Commander's wife.
(c) Field commander.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is fear, but also ________ in the way that Israeli Jews view the Arab.
2. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
3. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
4. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
5. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)