|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another danger of interracial mingling, according to statements in this chapter, is the risk of ________.
(a) Melting pot societies.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
4. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
5. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
Short Answer Questions
1. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
2. The Proclamation of Independence called for ________ inhabitants to preserve the peace and to build the new state as equals.
3. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
4. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)