|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
2. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(a) Close minded.
3. According to Shipler, during this time, who ranked below the national average in petty crime?
(c) No one.
4. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
5. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(a) Make more money.
(d) Do math problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
2. All teachers and government workers are required to receive clearance from the ____________, though mostly Arabs are regularly investigated.
3. Ancient Greeks and modern Europeans both sought to assimilate the ___________.
4. Shipler describes the similarity between a __________ ceremony with the Bedouin and a Jewish passover.
5. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)