|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
4. Israel keeps no statistics on ____________, according to Shipler's findings.
(a) Land ownership.
5. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
Short Answer Questions
1. Zohar says that if his parents had not remained in Israel, he would have become a ___________ in the refugee camps.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
5. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)