|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
2. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
3. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(b) Authentic heritage.
(c) Places of worship.
4. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(d) Media coverage.
5. It is thought that Arabs are practical in daily life, but exaggerated in their ___________ life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
4. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)