|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(b) List of demands.
(d) Press coverage.
2. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
3. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
4. ___________ guards at the camp range from brutal to humane, depending on the individual.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Jihad Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
2. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
3. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
4. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
5. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)