|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
2. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(b) Press coverage.
(c) List of demands.
3. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
4. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(c) New York City.
5. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
2. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
3. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
4. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
5. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)