|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
2. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
3. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
4. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
5. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
2. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
3. Some ____________ oppose any vote for Israeli-Arabs since they are exempt from military service.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)