|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
2. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
3. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
4. When one of two partners in the marriage converts, the ceremony is said to have taken place between two ____________.
5. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
2. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
3. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
4. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
5. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)