|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) A woman.
(d) An outsider.
2. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
3. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
4. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
5. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
2. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
3. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)