|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) European mediation.
(d) Palestinian Authority.
2. A young Palestinian asks to be called Gamal as he fears additional _________ if he is found.
(b) Military service.
(c) Military retribution.
3. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
4. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
2. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)