|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
2. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(a) Service peace treaties.
(b) Controlled lands.
3. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
4. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(c) Media coverage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
4. Neve Shalom was conceived in 1970 as an ___________ community.
5. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)