|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
2. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(d) Cultural differences.
3. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Peace Cry.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
2. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
3. Jews can not necessarily deal with the idea that modern __________ Arabs do not fit into their stereotypes.
4. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
5. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)