|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
2. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(c) Peace treaty.
3. Where do the women on the radio program and her new partner meet during competing demonstrations?
(b) Hebrew University.
(c) Student Workshops.
(d) Government Square.
4. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(a) Peace making.
(d) Cultural cleanses.
5. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(c) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
2. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
3. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
4. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
5. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)