|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) His treaty was not ratified.
(b) He left the country.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He was assassinated.
2. Liberal Jews speak of fears for the integrity of the ____________ enterprise.
(d) Conservative Jews.
3. Shipler describes the prison camp as a squalid _______, stinking of sewage and garbage.
4. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
5. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(a) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
2. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
3. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
4. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
5. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)