|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
2. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
3. The newborn state of __________ in 1948 pledged to uphold the full social and political equality of all its citizens.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
4. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
5. Which group was underrepresented at Neve Shalom when Shipler visited in 1984?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
2. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
3. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
4. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
5. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)