|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Modern scholarship has debunked the myth that Jews and Arabs are _______________ related.
2. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
3. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(b) Media coverage.
4. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Arabs; Jews.
(b) Jews; Arabs.
(c) Both; both.
(d) Neither; neither.
5. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
2. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
3. _____________ do not practice polygamy and enforce veiling of women as some Jews believe.
4. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
5. Sexual experimentation with ____________ is attractive to Muslim males because of how their beliefs are structured.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)