|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(a) Press coverage.
(d) List of demands.
2. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(c) Terrorist acts.
3. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
4. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
5. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
2. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
3. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
4. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)