|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
2. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
3. A 13-year-old __________ boy is upset by the anti-Arab bigotry and is called a traitor, a PLO supporter and a communist.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
2. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
3. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
4. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
5. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)