|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
4. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
5. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(c) Authentic heritage.
(d) Places of worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
2. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
3. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
4. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
5. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)