|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(d) Peace treaty.
2. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
3. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
4. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Jihad Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
2. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
3. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
4. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
5. A Jewish lawyer tells Shipler that ___________ do not work on Arabs since they show no psychological signs of mendacity.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)