|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
2. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
3. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(a) Service peace treaties.
(b) Controlled lands.
4. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
5. Jews can not necessarily deal with the idea that modern __________ Arabs do not fit into their stereotypes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
2. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
3. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
4. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
5. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)