|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
2. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
3. Most Jews, even the well-educated and liberal ones, are so completely isolated from contact with _____________ that they can not fully understand the situation.
(c) Arab loving Jews.
(d) Peace makers.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. "A __________ girl doesn't have to wait for an opportunity to move next door," said one Arab woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
5. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)