|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
2. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(b) Field commander.
(d) Commander's wife.
3. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(a) Authentic heritage.
(b) Places of worship.
4. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
5. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(c) Asian male.
(d) Caucasian male.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
2. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
3. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
4. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
5. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)