|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
3. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
4. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
5. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(d) Cultural differences.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
2. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
3. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
4. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
5. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)