|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
2. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
3. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
4. There is a profound resentment that Arab youth are exempt from ____________, which gives them an advantage in the job market.
(a) Language classes.
(b) Military service.
5. Prime Minister Begin says the __________ is intent on a second genocide against the Jewish people.
(a) Arabic wandering society.
(b) United Nations.
(d) Jewish leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
2. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
3. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
4. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
5. Liberal Jews speak of fears for the integrity of the ____________ enterprise.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)