|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(b) Arab Muslims.
2. Westernized _________ tend to be the most susceptible to political radicalism.
3. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
4. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
5. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(b) Terrorist acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler says that a powerful fear of the alleged sexual __________ of Arab men is intermixed with all of the other stereotypes Jews hold.
2. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
3. Israelis were disappointed that the Arab TV show wasn't broadcast in the West so that the viewers could see how _______ the Arabs are.
4. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
5. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)