|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(b) Original sin.
(c) Patient zero.
(d) High point.
3. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
4. With the rise of ___________ in the seventh century, an Arab-Jewish symbiosis flowered.
5. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Muslim females are not allowed to have _______________ even in their own faith.
2. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
3. Shipler describes how a _____________ prisoner was surprised when he could not discern any difference between a Sephardic and Ashkenazi guard.
4. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
5. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)