|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
2. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
(b) Tel Aviv.
3. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. The author observes that a "great tangle of nonsense grows from a seed of __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
2. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
3. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
4. A witty Palestinian claimed he was a victim of ___________ when targeted by anti-Arab bigotry.
5. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)