|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Zionists.
2. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) High point.
(c) Original sin.
(d) Patient zero.
4. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(c) The same.
5. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
2. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
3. Shipler points out that few Arabs know anything about ___________ as it is not covered well, if at all, in school.
4. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
5. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)