|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
4. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
2. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
3. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)