|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(a) Commander's wife.
(c) Field commander.
3. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
4. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
4. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
5. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)