|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
2. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
3. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
3. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)