|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(b) Caucasian male.
(c) Asian male.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
4. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
2. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
3. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
4. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
5. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)