|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(b) Arab Muslims.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(a) Peace treaty.
5. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
2. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
3. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
4. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
5. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)