|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(d) Close minded.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(b) A message.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(a) Cultural cleanses.
(c) Peace making.
Short Answer Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)