|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
3. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening of the chapter depicts an incident which took place on King _________ Street in Jerusalem.
2. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
3. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
4. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)