|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
2. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
3. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
4. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
5. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)