|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
(b) War camps.
(c) Terrorism cells.
(d) Centers of worship.
2. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
3. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(c) Terrorist acts.
4. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
5. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
4. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
5. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)