|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
2. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
3. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(d) New York City.
4. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) He left the country.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) His treaty was not ratified.
5. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) Palestinian Authority.
(c) Arab Nations.
(d) European mediation.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
3. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
4. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
5. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)