|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(a) Peace treaty.
2. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
3. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
(a) An enemy.
(b) An argument.
(c) A problem.
(d) A question.
4. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
5. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
2. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
3. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)