|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
2. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(d) New York City.
5. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
(a) An argument.
(b) A problem.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A question.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
2. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
3. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
4. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
5. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)