|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
2. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
3. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(b) Arab Muslims.
4. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Jihad Day.
(d) Treatise Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
4. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
5. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)