|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
2. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
3. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
4. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(b) Cultural differences.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Peace Cry.
(b) The Catastrophe.
(c) The Witness.
(d) The Celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
2. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
3. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
4. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
5. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)