|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Arabs; Jews.
(b) Neither; neither.
(c) Jews; Arabs.
(d) Both; both.
3. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
4. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(b) Cultural cleanses.
(c) Peace making.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
2. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
3. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
4. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
5. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)