|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
2. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
3. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
4. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(c) Terrorist acts.
5. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
4. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
5. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)