|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Celebration.
(b) The Peace Cry.
(c) The Witness.
(d) The Catastrophe.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(a) Media coverage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
4. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
5. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)