|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
2. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
3. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
4. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(a) Media coverage.
5. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
2. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
3. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
4. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)