|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
2. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
3. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
4. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Jihad Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
2. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
5. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)