|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(d) A message.
3. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
4. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
5. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(b) Terrorist acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
4. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)