|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Jihad Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Treatise Day.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(a) Peace making.
(d) Cultural cleanses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
2. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
3. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)