|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(c) New Age.
2. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
3. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
4. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(b) Patient zero.
(c) High point.
(d) Original sin.
5. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
2. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
3. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
4. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)