|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(c) Caucasian male.
(d) Asian male.
2. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(a) Peace making.
(d) Cultural cleanses.
3. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(a) List of demands.
(c) Press coverage.
4. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(d) Media coverage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
4. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
5. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)