|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(d) Arab Muslims.
2. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(d) Terrorist acts.
5. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(a) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
2. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
3. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)