|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
2. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Jihad Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Treatise Day.
3. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
4. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
5. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(a) Terrorist acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
2. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
3. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)