|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(c) God's will.
2. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
3. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
4. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
5. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) European mediation.
(d) Palestinian Authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
2. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
3. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)