|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(a) Sense of belonging.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Patient zero.
(b) High point.
(c) Original sin.
4. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
5. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
2. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
3. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
4. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
5. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)