|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(d) Close minded.
2. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(b) Refugee camps.
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(d) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
5. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)