|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(d) Refugee camps.
2. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Witness.
(b) The Catastrophe.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Peace Cry.
3. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(c) Sense of belonging.
4. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
5. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
2. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
4. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
5. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)