|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
4. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(c) A message.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Witness.
(b) The Peace Cry.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
2. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
3. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)