|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
2. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
3. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(c) New Age.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(b) Cultural cleanses.
(d) Peace making.
Short Answer Questions
1. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
4. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
5. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)