|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
2. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
3. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(b) Sense of belonging.
4. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Jihad Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Treatise Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
2. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
3. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)