|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Celebration.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Catastrophe.
2. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) His treaty was not ratified.
(b) He left the country.
(c) He died of cancer.
(d) He was assassinated.
3. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(a) Press coverage.
(d) List of demands.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(a) New Age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
2. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
3. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
4. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
5. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)