|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Palestinian Authority.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) Oslo Convention.
(d) European mediation.
2. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(a) Refugee camps.
(d) Saudi Arabia.
3. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
4. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
5. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Original sin.
(b) Patient zero.
(c) High point.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)