|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
4. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
5. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)