|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
(a) Muslim pride.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) European mediation.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) Palestinian Authority.
(d) Oslo Convention.
3. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Peace Cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
2. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
3. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
4. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
5. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)