|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
2. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
3. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
4. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
5. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
2. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
3. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
4. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
5. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)