|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
2. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(a) Peace treaty.
3. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
4. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
5. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
2. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
3. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)