|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
3. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
4. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(a) Refugee camps.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
5. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
2. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
3. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)