|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
2. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
3. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
4. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
5. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
(d) Refugee camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
4. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
5. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)