|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
2. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) High point.
(b) Original sin.
(d) Patient zero.
3. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
(b) Saudi Arabia.
4. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
5. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
3. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
4. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
5. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)