|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
3. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
4. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
5. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)