|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(c) Media coverage.
2. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
3. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He left the country.
(d) His treaty was not ratified.
4. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Arab Nations.
(b) Oslo Convention.
(c) Palestinian Authority.
(d) European mediation.
5. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
2. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
3. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
4. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
5. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)