|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
5. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
4. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
5. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)