|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
(a) Saudi Arabia.
2. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Treatise Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
3. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
4. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
5. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
2. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
3. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
4. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
5. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)