|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) He was assassinated.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He left the country.
(d) His treaty was not ratified.
3. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
4. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Treatise Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Jihad Day.
5. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
2. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
3. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)