|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Witness.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Peace Cry.
(d) The Catastrophe.
4. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
(d) Muslim pride.
5. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)