|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
3. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
4. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Original sin.
(b) Patient zero.
(d) High point.
5. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
2. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
3. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
4. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
5. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)