|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Jihad Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Treatise Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)