|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
2. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) He left the country.
(b) He died of cancer.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) His treaty was not ratified.
3. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
4. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) High point.
(b) Patient zero.
(d) Original sin.
5. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
2. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
3. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)