|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
2. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(c) Peace treaty.
4. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
5. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
3. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)