|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(b) Media coverage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)