|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) Jihad Day.
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) Treatise Day.
2. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(b) Peace treaty.
3. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
3. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
4. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)