|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
(c) Muslim pride.
2. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
3. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
2. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
3. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
4. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)