|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why wasn't King Hussein able to continue his vision for peace and stability in the area?
(a) He died of cancer.
(b) He was assassinated.
(c) He left the country.
(d) His treaty was not ratified.
2. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Witness.
(b) The Catastrophe.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Peace Cry.
4. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Jihad Day.
(d) Treatise Day.
5. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
2. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
3. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
4. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
5. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)