|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Jihad Day.
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Treatise Day.
(d) Independence Day.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(d) Sense of belonging.
3. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Peace Cry.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Witness.
(d) The Catastrophe.
4. Shipler plans to reveal the broad forces in the area which contribute to ______________.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
2. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
3. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)