|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
2. Shipler begins to describe the history of the Palestinian and the Israeli ________ to help the reader gain perspective.
3. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
4. Shipler focuses on the variety of ____________ at the Damascus Gate at the start of the book.
5. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
2. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
3. The King Hussein of _______ vows to work for peace and for security in the area.
4. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
5. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)