|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Peace Cry.
(c) The Witness.
(d) The Celebration.
2. The book decides to show revelations about an area of the world which is too easy to ______________.
3. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Patient zero.
(c) Original sin.
(d) High point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
3. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
4. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
5. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)