|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The opening at the beginning of the book is a wandering of the streets of ____________ from sunrise to high noon.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) Palestinian Authority.
(d) European mediation.
3. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
(c) Peace treaty.
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
2. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
3. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)