|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
2. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
3. Both sides, it seems to Shipler, have many ________, making a discussion of them all the more difficult.
4. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(c) Field commander.
(d) Commander's wife.
5. Shipler seeks to catalog the ___________ each side has of the other side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
2. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
3. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
4. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
5. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)