|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Peace Cry.
(b) The Celebration.
(c) The Catastrophe.
(d) The Witness.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) European mediation.
(c) Palestinian Authority.
(d) Arab Nations.
3. Shipler realizes there is no _____________ Israel or Palestine.
4. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
(a) Treatise Day.
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Jihad Day.
(d) Memorial Day.
5. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to unravel the complexities of interaction by which the tiny minority of high-minded individuals strive to bridge the gap of ___________.
2. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
3. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
4. The 2002 _____________ shows that the area in the Middle East is growing steadily more complex and explosive.
5. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)