|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(d) Refugee camps.
2. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
5. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
4. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
5. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)