|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(a) Press coverage.
(c) List of demands.
2. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
3. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
4. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
5. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
4. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
5. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)