|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(c) Cultural differences.
2. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(a) A message.
3. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
4. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
5. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
3. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
4. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
5. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)