|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
2. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Arabs; Jews.
(b) Neither; neither.
(c) Jews; Arabs.
(d) Both; both.
3. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(a) New Age.
4. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
5. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Acts of violence lead to ___________, worst case assumptions and calls for retribution.
4. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
5. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)