|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(c) Media coverage.
2. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
3. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
4. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) Palestinian Authority.
(d) European mediation.
5. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
2. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
3. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
4. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
5. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)