|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
2. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
3. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(a) Arab Muslims.
4. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
5. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
4. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
5. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)