|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(d) God's will.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
5. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
2. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
3. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
4. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
5. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)