|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(b) Cultural differences.
2. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
3. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(b) Asian male.
(d) Caucasian male.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
2. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
3. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
4. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
5. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)