|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
2. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(a) Peace making.
(b) Cultural cleanses.
3. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
4. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
(a) List of demands.
(b) Press coverage.
5. Shipler concludes that only one side celebrates the liberation of _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
2. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
3. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
4. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
5. The opening of this chapter talks about the two day celebration of the Day of ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)