|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(c) Commander's wife.
(d) Field commander.
2. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(c) Caucasian male.
(d) Asian male.
3. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
4. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(b) New York City.
5. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
4. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
5. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)