|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
(c) Commander's wife.
(d) Field commander.
4. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
5. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)