|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
(a) Cultural differences.
2. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Peace Cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
2. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
3. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
4. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
5. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)