|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
2. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
3. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
4. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
5. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
2. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
3. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
4. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
5. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)