|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(a) Terrorist acts.
2. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(b) New York City.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Celebration.
(b) The Peace Cry.
(c) The Catastrophe.
(d) The Witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
2. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
3. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
4. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
5. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)