|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
(a) The Catastrophe.
(b) The Witness.
(c) The Celebration.
(d) The Peace Cry.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(d) Terrorist acts.
4. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(d) Arab Muslims.
5. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
3. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
4. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
5. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)