|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
2. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
5. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) European mediation.
(b) Oslo Convention.
(c) Palestinian Authority.
(d) Arab Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
4. __________ abounds on both sides, established by decades of war and terror, and individuals vary in how bigoted or tolerant they are.
5. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)