|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
2. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(d) Arab Muslims.
3. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(d) Terrorist acts.
4. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
5. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
2. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
3. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
4. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
5. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)