|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) European mediation.
(c) Arab Nations.
(d) Palestinian Authority.
3. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
4. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
5. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
(c) A message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the day on which the people honor the country's war dead?
2. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
3. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
4. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
5. In response to the celebrations of the Israelis, the Arabs began to celebrate al-Nakba, which is translated to mean what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)