|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rumors spread of a ___________ accomplice and foreign tourists fitting that description are rounded up for questioning.
(c) Caucasian male.
(d) Asian male.
2. Shipler claims that at the time he and his family lived in Jerusalem, it was safer than _____________.
(a) New York City.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. Shipler notes that a shift in tactics to assaults on select individuals backfired when applied to ___________ in the West Bank.
(d) Arab Muslims.
5. Four heavily armed _________ seize a hostage and then release him and then are pursued by the mob around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
2. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
3. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
4. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
5. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)