|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
2. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
3. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(d) Close minded.
4. The official ___________ myth is that 700,000 Arabs fled their homes in 1948, freely giving up their rights.
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
2. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
3. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
4. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
5. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)