|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
2. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
3. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
4. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
5. Those who are citizens of _________ are less feared than those people in the West Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler seeks to examine the interlocking ______________ that Jews and Arabs use to categorize each other.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
4. When the enemy has no _______________, it makes the hatred and bigotry easier.
5. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)