|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(a) Media coverage.
2. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(d) Terrorist acts.
3. Who are considered to be fearsome, violent, immensely strong, cruel and cowardly?
4. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
5. Israeli Jews have mixed feelings about war's ________, whereas Arabs allow the Islamic concept of jihad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
2. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
3. Children taught only caution in dealing with __________ more often grow to fear and hate them.
4. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
5. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)