|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. Schools on both sides, Shipler says, continue to deal selectively with the creation of Israel, the ____________ of the conflict.
(a) Original sin.
(c) Patient zero.
(d) High point.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler discusses censored passages from the ___________'s memoir shoring that the brutality was hardly unintentional.
2. A tiny number of Israelis understand ________, which leads to paranoia.
3. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
4. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
5. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)