|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
3. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
4. The Jewish feel that the Arabs understand only a language of __________ and soft-handed policies will fail.
5. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
2. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
3. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
4. Shipler talks with several participants in a program called Interns for _______.
5. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)