|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
2. Shipler deals with the Jewish stereotype that Arabs are violent, uncivilized ___________.
3. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(a) Media coverage.
4. Rarely, Shipler notes, does terrorism become an effective tool as it quickly becomes _______________.
5. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both sides are represented by the stories of families reaching back in the disputed __________ for generations.
2. Terrorism is meant to be ___________________, not intended to harm individual victims.
3. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. Critics see no need to meet the enemy personally as they already know what ___________ are like.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)