|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Violence and counter violence have become not just byproducts of political battles, but also the origin of new __________.
(d) Terrorist acts.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Power is decidedly one sided - _________ have it and the ____________ do not.
(a) Jews; Arabs.
(b) Arabs; Jews.
(c) Both; both.
(d) Neither; neither.
4. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
5. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(a) Cultural cleanses.
(c) Peace making.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler ends the chapter by talking about the treatment of battle ______________ that afflicted many of the Israeli soldiers who fought in Lebanon.
2. A 1984 commuter bus hijacking occurred, but the Israeli military censors imposed a complete _____________.
3. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
4. The expulsion of all ____________ from the city is demanded as a result of the incident in Jerusalem.
5. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)