|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(a) New Age.
4. Shipler has an extended analysis of ___________ as practiced by both the Arabs and the Jews.
(c) Cultural cleanses.
(d) Peace making.
5. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler wonders whether if his son had been killed during the incident if he would have hated all ____________ and craved revenge.
2. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
3. Israeli hardliners play up the power of the Arabs, lest others try to understand their ____________.
4. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
5. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)