|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(c) God's will.
2. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
(b) Service peace treaties.
(d) Controlled lands.
3. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
(d) Refugee camps.
4. A Lebanese woman opposed her father's speech, thanking the ___________ for liberating them from the PLO.
(c) Arab army.
(d) Israeli army.
5. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
(a) War camps.
(c) Centers of worship.
(d) Terrorism cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
3. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
4. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
5. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)