|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
2. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
(a) Oslo Convention.
(b) Arab Nations.
(c) European mediation.
(d) Palestinian Authority.
3. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
(b) Tel Aviv.
4. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
(b) God's will.
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
2. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
3. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)