|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
(b) War camps.
(c) Centers of worship.
(d) Terrorism cells.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) An outsider.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
4. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
5. An Egyptian girl tells Shipler how surprised she was to find ______________ so Middle Eastern.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)