|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(b) The same.
2. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
(c) Skin color.
3. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) An outsider.
(c) A woman.
4. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
5. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
2. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
3. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
4. Interviews with Palestinians showed disappointment with the efforts to improve the people's plight by the ____________________.
5. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)