|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
(b) Media coverage.
2. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(d) New Age.
3. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
4. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
(b) Saudi Arabia.
(d) Refugee camps.
5. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) An outsider.
(b) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
4. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
5. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)