|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is believed that ______________ changed the Jews.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Zionists.
2. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
3. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
(b) War camps.
(c) Centers of worship.
(d) Terrorism cells.
4. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
5. Through contact with individual __________, Arabs often soften their stance and realize the danger of their stereotyping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
2. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
3. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
4. Religious opposition to ___________ is fused with the Western theme of scheming to control international banking, politics, and news.
5. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)