|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(c) Sense of belonging.
3. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
(a) Skin color.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
2. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
3. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
4. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
5. _____________ is a nationalistic movement, whose political agenda is in continuity with the lamentation of the Jews exiled to Bablyon.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)