|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
2. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
3. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
4. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
5. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
2. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
3. The colonel tells the woman that he agrees that the Palestinians deserve self - ____________.
4. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
5. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)