|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) An outsider.
(b) A woman.
2. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
(a) Peaceful aspiration.
(d) Religious practice.
3. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
4. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
(d) Skin color.
5. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
2. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
3. At this time of the first edition of this book, which flag was outlawed in terms of being permitted to be displayed?
4. A journalist states that ______ are so used to having enemies that hey are suspicious when someone tries to be their friend.
5. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)