|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(b) A woman.
(c) An outsider.
2. "If you have ______________, you must find a way to make peace..."
(a) A question.
(b) An argument.
(c) A problem.
(d) An enemy.
3. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(a) Peace treaty.
4. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
5. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
4. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
5. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)