|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
2. Some young upper class Arabs try to escape their _______ ways and try to emulate the West.
3. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
4. Children tend to parrot the generalizations they hear and see, thus all __________ are Kahane and all Jews kill Arabs in refugee camps.
5. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
2. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
3. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
4. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
5. Others charge that the Jews are agents of _______________, whether capitalistic or communist, and will distance Arabs from religious life.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)