|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Lebanese women opposes a _________________ between Israel and Lebanon because this would result in an expansion of the Jewish state.
(c) Peace treaty.
2. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
3. A publication in 1950 said that so many Christians had converted to Islam over the years that ________ blood was an acceptable substitute.
4. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
(c) The same.
5. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler does admit to finding much _______________ among the Arabs he visits, but little of the systematic vindictiveness described in the previous chapter.
2. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
3. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
4. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
5. The official Israeli strategy is to destroy the ___________ as a means of evaporating Palestinian national aspirations.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)