|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ is comfortable to both sides as everyone knows unambiguously whom to hate.
2. Shipler describes life in the Dheisheh __________ on the occupied West Bank where every aspect of life instills militancy in youth.
3. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
(a) Places of worship.
(d) Authentic heritage.
4. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
5. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(c) Sense of belonging.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Arabs who were expelled from their villages in 1948 end up going?
2. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
3. During the takeover of the West Bank and Jerusalem in 1967, Arabs were surprised by how ___________ they were treated.
4. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
5. The labeling on ___________ published by both sides in textbooks continues to make clear that neither side yet accepts the reality that neither can covet the whole of the land.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)