|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Failing to understand the more reserved ____________ of the Ashkenazim, Arabs were unable to recognize authentic hospitality.
2. Sometimes, being ____________ is advantageous because there is no legacy of long standing antagonism.
(a) An outsider.
(c) A woman.
3. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
4. What is the name of the infamous publication that President Nasser used?
(a) The Final Solution.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Protocols of Zion.
(d) The Protocols of Israel.
5. Elias Freij sees growing on the crest of the hills a new Jewish neighborhood, _________, whose architecture is not at all rooted in the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. It's interesting to note that both Arabs and Jews are actually ____________.
2. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
3. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
4. A Syrian prisoner of war wept when he realized that the kibbutzim were not the ___________ he had 'known' them to be.
5. Opinion polls in 2002 fluctuated around the 50% mark among Israelis over whether they could accept an independent ___________ state next door.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)