|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The college age Palestinian who was caught by Israeli patrol feared ___________, but experienced something different.
2. The twelve-year-old Palestinian notes that he has no ________ and no future.
(d) Sense of belonging.
3. To improve the condition of the _________ would lesson the tension necessary to achieve statehood.
4. Freij does not hate the ____________, just what they do: introduce foreign culture which contaminates the Arabs' ancient culture.
5. Shipler notes that _________ among Arabs is so high that it is unlikely that the virulent bigotry has much affect on Arabic minds.
(b) Religious practice.
(d) Peaceful aspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler explains that Middle Easterners have always felt the need to pigeonhole new acquaintances by their __________.
2. Shipler fears that Arab youth are being affected by the Israeli ___________ using strong arm tactics in the presence of youth.
3. Many Arabs can not deal with Jews whose own _________ prevent contact and study.
4. Some Arabs make an intellectual effort to discredit Jewish claims to _______________ in the land.
5. As of the 2002 postscript, there is no lessening of the __________ desire to return to their homes.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)