|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Rape rate.
(b) Death rate.
(c) Birth rate.
(d) Violence rate.
3. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(a) Break up.
4. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(d) New Age.
5. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
3. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)