|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
2. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Violence rate.
(b) Rape rate.
(c) Birth rate.
(d) Death rate.
3. Rabbi David Hartman is a ___________ philosopher who states that religion is naturally reactionary.
(b) New Age.
4. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
5. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
(b) Close minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
2. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
3. Wealthy Jews deride the Arabs as being ____________ and about being lazy.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)