|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(b) Break up.
2. Liberal Jews speak of fears for the integrity of the ____________ enterprise.
(c) Conservative Jews.
3. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
4. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
5. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Rape rate.
(b) Violence rate.
(c) Birth rate.
(d) Death rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. A 13-year-old __________ boy is upset by the anti-Arab bigotry and is called a traitor, a PLO supporter and a communist.
2. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
3. A sociologist reports that in an integrated neighborhood, there is not tension, but there is notable ______________.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)