|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A 13-year-old __________ boy is upset by the anti-Arab bigotry and is called a traitor, a PLO supporter and a communist.
2. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
3. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
4. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Birth rate.
(b) Violence rate.
(c) Death rate.
(d) Rape rate.
5. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. A sociologist reports that in an integrated neighborhood, there is not tension, but there is notable ______________.
2. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
3. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
4. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
5. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)