|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. Settlers also were determined to establish a purely ___________ way of life where they now resided.
3. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
(c) Break up.
4. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
5. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
2. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
3. What is the only integrated community in Israel, according to this chapter?
4. There is a profound resentment that Arab youth are exempt from ____________, which gives them an advantage in the job market.
5. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)