|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
(a) Do math problems.
(c) Make more money.
2. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
3. A teenage Bedouin girl asks for a ride back to the herd of ________ she tends.
4. Shipler looks at the current textbooks and sees that there are no dialogues, just inflammatory ____________.
5. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
Short Answer Questions
1. A 13-year-old __________ boy is upset by the anti-Arab bigotry and is called a traitor, a PLO supporter and a communist.
2. But wealthy Jews also detest Arabs for being ___________ in attitude when they are regularly employed.
3. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
4. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
5. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)