|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because the tribesmen have no quarrel with the ____________, they are treated kindly, remarkably generously in the opinion of many of the Bedouin.
2. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
3. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
4. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
5. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Birth rate.
(b) Rape rate.
(c) Violence rate.
(d) Death rate.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
2. Settlers referred to their occupation of the territories as ______________.
3. Hartman states that biblical people are ______________, which can turn religion into a force of evil.
4. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
5. Only a small percentage of Israelis identify themselves as _____________.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)