|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arab-Israeli dispute is _________, but fundamentalism fans the flames.
2. What is dangerously high for the Arab population, causing concern for the Jewish inhabitants?
(a) Violence rate.
(b) Birth rate.
(c) Rape rate.
(d) Death rate.
3. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
4. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
5. There is a profound resentment that Arab youth are exempt from ____________, which gives them an advantage in the job market.
(a) Language classes.
(b) Military service.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young girl says she would like to learn how to __________, but she is too old for coeducational learning.
2. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
3. Laura Franklin notes that it's true that __________ are dirty and sweaty at work, but that their homes are immaculate.
4. Camel caravans used to take 18 days to reach Cairo, so they would only occur __________ times a year.
5. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)