|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ work is frequently found in juvenile literature for Jews, reinforcing stereotypes.
2. A social studies teacher tells Shipler that the Jewish attitude is that 'we can do whatever we _________ with the Arabs."
3. The first image of fire is a small campfire that ____________ light as soon as they stop in a given place.
4. Israeli authorities monitor ___________ prayers in the mosques, warning imams not to preach on controversial subjects.
5. ___________ arguments carry little weight, even among extreme West Bank settlers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Shipler traces _______ waves of settles, none of whom felt any mystical attraction to the land.
2. The small fires which are lit help to ________ and to delimit the vast expanses of land.
3. The Arab side if equally radicalized, but lacks a __________ for reason, like the Rabbi Hartman.
4. Shipler examines both sides' abandonment of the common ____________ of the desert.
5. There is too much bitterness between the Arabs and the Jews for them to generate ________ about themselves or each other.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)