Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Shipler discusses his plan for the book.
* A 2002 postscript shows that the area continues to be fraught with turmoil.
Part 1, Chapter 1 Abstract
* Day of Remembrance brings both sorrow and glorification.
* Both sides are represented by families reaching back in the disputed lands for generations.
* The official Israeli myth is dissected.
* Shipler discusses the later...
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)